GOAT APP legit?

Idk whats up w/ goat lately. Waiting on authentication for 4-5 days & then they hmu yesterday saying my box was damaged. offered the buyer 5% off & he accepted today so I got told after they passed verification w/ the new details that i would receive payout. idk why they've gotta authenticate them twice? has anybody else dealt w/ this recently?

Idk whats up w/ goat lately. Waiting on authentication for 4-5 days & then they hmu yesterday saying my box was damaged. offered the buyer 5% off & he accepted today so I got told after they passed verification w/ the new details that i would receive payout. idk why they've gotta authenticate them twice? has anybody else dealt w/ this recently?
If I remember correctly for the last time this happened to me, that’s normal procedure. Doesn’t make much sense if just the box was damaged but that’s what was said to me as well.
Since the slowdown they had a few months back, this is the first time I’ve had a sale sitting for more than a few days.

If I remember correctly for the last time this happened to me, that’s normal procedure. Doesn’t make much sense if just the box was damaged but that’s what was said to me as well.
Since the slowdown they had a few months back, this is the first time I’ve had a sale sitting for more than a few days.
oh, okay, thanks! yeah, this is the first time my pair has been there longer than 2 days. Today is like the 6th day of them being delivered, yesterday he accepted my discount tho & it moved my sale from 'shipped' to 'orders' and its not showing my pending payout now so hopefully I'll receive it soon! All this had me confused, this is my first time dealing w/ something like this.

Damn PayPal just sent me a 1099k for all my sales on goat from last year
Came out to around $8k
I guess Illinois passed a new tax bill I was unaware of
If you have more than 4 transactions or $1k you will get issued a 1099k
58CF1860-95B5-470E-829E-04147FF4B4CE.png

Last edited:
Whats up guys, been dealing with goat and only goat for quite a while now. Today I had my first minor issue. Sold a pair of used shoes (which is all I sell) I wear all of my shoes for a while then flip them. Unless they turn out to be keepers.
Mind you I've sold about 18 pairs and all were used. Some Ratty stuff like crumbled mid 3s & 4s that sat in a dank garage for years, shoes with bleach spilled, and the shoes went from white to burnt yellow, to shoes with rips and gashes mind they all go for $25.00. 😆 (I've sold my share of $400+ shoes too). Some I'd have gone less than $25 on if goat would have let that. I'm very detailed on flaws, and pictures. I was an auto dealership photographer and online purchaser for 12 years, so I have a fair grasp on how pictures sell things on line.

Anyways goat kicked back a 7 year used shoe from oder. I discounted (possibly cigarettes) and the deal went through. Have I missed something do I need to list oder now? I store all of my shoes in the same location, and rotate to where most are in the same condition. goat won't tell me the type of oder they found, and the pictures they sent don't look like my pictures, at least not all of them some are on carpet, some are on tile, and some are in what looks to be and suv floorboard 🤷‍♂️.

I'm okay discounting I was making more than I'd planned anyways. I get oder on DS stuff, but they don't even give me and option other than the box I can list other flaws and I can fit about 5 words in there with some other flaws oder was the last on my mind. They're never picky on used stuff but this time they got me about 12 bucks.

^sellin' some stank kicks

tenor.gif

🤣🤣🤣I do it all man 🤣. The life and times of a used shoe reseller 😆. But for real its possible they smelled like cigarettes, or greener substance (I am a smoker) so I'm leaning towards one of the two. The only reason I discounted them, out of mere possibility. Surely goat told the buyer what type of oder it was. I'd pass on stanky foot oder shoes, but cigarettes I'd probably take if I got the steal the buyer did, plus a discount that would have covered his shipping almost. I just wanted them gone (bought a new DS pair to replace them). They can be aired out no biggie. The pictures were not my shoes, I know the pictures I took. Anyone ever have a used pair of shoes judged by oder (not new)? It doesn't even give an option to list that, and in the box for comments I felt I needed to list other minor details.( not much room. I just want to know, so I can avoid this in the future.

Last edited:
it was impossible to read that since I couldn’t get past oder 😂😂😂

Is oder a real thing on used shoes? I've never once had that issue. You'd think they'd list it as an option to disclose ( I get new new shoes, but 6 7 year old shoes 🤷‍♂️. Its not foot oder havent worn them for over a year. Has to be cigarettes or maaaaaybeee a slight dog smell. Just weird IMO I have a feeling goat didn't pass off the disco to the buyer, but kept it for themselves. Either way I'm cool with discounting them, just want to prevent this from happening again.

I think he was alluding to the fact that you misspelled the word “odor” and therefore he couldn’t get himself to continue reading.

But I guess Goat should be more specific about things like that since they only seem to provide options for physical imperfections

I think he was alluding to the fact that you misspelled the word “odor” and therefore he couldn’t get himself to continue reading.

But I guess Goat should be more specific about things like that since they only seem to provide options for physical imperfections

Up all night 🤣 2 1/2 monsters later I'm still in a brain fog. I'm not functioning 100% yet 🤷‍♂️.

At least let us type more than just a few words for oissues issues.

I threw out a retail offer for some AM95s on GOAT and was surprised a week or so later when someone accepted. They've been sitting at their facility for almost a week so I had a feeling dude either sent a flawed pair or sent some fakes. Today my order was updated to "Searching for Replacement" and from what I've seen online that means you're usually getting a refund.

I'm tight because someone had a near Deadstock pair for a good price while I was waiting for my pair and now that pair is gone. So I'm annoyed.

Never had any customer service issues with them until now. Ordered kicks a week ago, order still on seller packaging a week later. Clearly saw the $30 price increase and was broke enough to back out from fulfilling the order.

I contacted them on Saturday...got a generic answer and my ticket closed.
Sunday...said it would be escalated and it's been kept open.
Monday...opened another one and closed immediately due to the second one still being open. Have responded to the open ticket 3 times without a response,.
DM'd them on twitter, nothing.

It shouldn't be this hard to refund me my money and credits. In the past when a seller didn't ship, I got my refund or a replacement seller the same day. Now they moving like StockX. Definitely losing my business permanently if this isn't resolved by the end of this week. I don't care to hear about any delays, the holiday are over, and the sneakers I bought towards the end of last year got to me fine with 0 issues.

Am I the only one, or does it seem like Sundays are the days everyone buys on Goat. All but 3 of my 30 or so sales were on Sundays. 🤷‍♂️

on average, how long does it take to get an order fulfilled if I order? was looking to snag some 1s but if it is gonna take forever, might not even be worth it.

How long is seller packaging supposed to last for? I made a purchase on Wednesday and still no tracking.

just depends... I recently bought a pair thatwas shipping from the UK. Then if it’s a new release they might give them extra time like StockX.

Back
Top Bottom