GODADDY.COM experienced users

Ok NT this is my first foray into domains so forgive me for my ignorance. Im just looking to use Godaddy for registering a domain

not webhosting or anything else. Is it normal for one site to cost upwards of $100 to register? Basically what "features" are just useless add-ons

and which ones are necessary, that site is too unorganized and "scammish" if you know what i mean. Thanks NT

godaddy is the best IMO. just make sure you do not check off anything besides the domain unless you plan to host your website with godaddy as well.

damn i dont know whats the deal.

i have registration for 5 years, then business registration, then private registration services, then certified domain = $117

Where am i getting "got"?

Originally Posted by wizards23

godaddy is the best IMO. just make sure you do not check off anything besides the domain unless you plan to host your website with godaddy as well.

^ so are you sayin that if i buy a ".COM".............should i also get the ".NET"? ".ORG"? etc.......

NO way should it be close to $100. It should be around $8. Don't add on any of the extra crap, all you need is the domain for now.

Get everything elsewhere.

Name.com > Godaddy.com
- private registration is free with Name.com
- plus, it's better integrated with Google Apps
- since this past year, I've been slowly migrating all of my domains from godaddy over to name.com (once they were near expiring)

wait you got 5 years? that's a bit more reasonable. it also really depends on what your domain name is i think, don't quote me on that though.

either way if your business is set to pop, that $100 will be back in your pocket in no time. write it off! lol

Originally Posted by miamib30514

so thats good for 5 years?

i haven't visited godaddy in awhile because our company domain name is wrapped up for a good few more years, but it's definitely a bit plausible at $20a year than $100 a year.

in my opinion, you don't have to be worried about getting ripped. i mean, i've spoken with some godaddy reps and while they want to make sales, theynever go out of their way to "scam" and trick customers of theirs into #*#% they don't need. at least that's how i feel about the onesi've spoken to.

!@* is godaddy.com anyways like what do you do in there??? i been to the site and just closed it cuz it looks like business crap idk hahaha

Originally Posted by 23mjordan45

!@* is godaddy.com anyways like what do you do in there??? i been to the site and just closed it cuz it looks like business crap idk hahaha
KEEP
pimp.gif

For those of you who only buy domain names, where do you host your site at?

Back
Top Bottom