Going on my 9th year in the "sneaker culture", who still does it for the love?

Over the years I've bought into hype and have spent frivolous amounts on things including kicks, gear, recreational activities etc. that are associated with "the sneaker culture". Looking back I spent tens of thousands of stuff I don't wear/use anymore. But, I don't have many regrets (minus a FEW fiscal ones).

Who else still really lives that shoehead lifestyle circa 02-06 when it was genuinely popping, and not that mainstream version sold to the masses with 20 colorway releases and JB and other brands "falling off" and releasing dozens of "limited" shoes every month, etc.

I just bought a pair of UNDFTD 1's (went back and finally got the purple pair), crazy how after all these years I didn't care for most new releases but still find myself hunting for REAL heat. 

Over the years I've bought into hype and have spent frivolous amounts on things including kicks, gear, recreational activities etc. that are associated with "the sneaker culture". Looking back I spent tens of thousands of stuff I don't wear/use anymore. But, I don't have many regrets (minus a FEW fiscal ones).

Who else still really lives that shoehead lifestyle circa 02-06 when it was genuinely popping, and not that mainstream version sold to the masses with 20 colorway releases and JB and other brands "falling off" and releasing dozens of "limited" shoes every month, etc.

I just bought a pair of UNDFTD 1's (went back and finally got the purple pair), crazy how after all these years I didn't care for most new releases but still find myself hunting for REAL heat. 

You my friend, are a sheep. 

jammin-lil-b-o.gif

i'm not knocking your passion for sneakers since most of us on here have the same passion but that term "shoe game" is corny. it's not a game, there's no winners or losers we collect shoes simple as that.

i'm not knocking your passion for sneakers since most of us on here have the same passion but that term "shoe game" is corny. it's not a game, there's no winners or losers we collect shoes simple as that.

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

Over the years I've bought into hype and have spent frivolous amounts on things including kicks, gear, recreational activities etc. that are associated with "the shoe game". Looking back I spent tens of thousands of stuff I don't wear/use anymore. But, I don't have many regrets (minus a FEW fiscal ones).

Yeah I still do it for the love . This is GD where liking sneakers is lame,Red Wings are the only shoes you can wear, J.Crew Dress Pants >>> Samurai Jeans  and Making threads about how you don' like sneakers anymore and Niketalk aint what it used to be is the trending topic. Ignore this fools commenting  .

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

Over the years I've bought into hype and have spent frivolous amounts on things including kicks, gear, recreational activities etc. that are associated with "the shoe game". Looking back I spent tens of thousands of stuff I don't wear/use anymore. But, I don't have many regrets (minus a FEW fiscal ones).

Yeah I still do it for the love . This is GD where liking sneakers is lame,Red Wings are the only shoes you can wear, J.Crew Dress Pants >>> Samurai Jeans  and Making threads about how you don' like sneakers anymore and Niketalk aint what it used to be is the trending topic. Ignore this fools commenting  .

Shoes keep your feet from getting dirty....

The days of copping 5 stacks worth of sneakers a yr is so juvenile and unimportant.

Back
Top Bottom