Going to Barcelona for a week-- travel tips ???

Like the title says, my homegirl and I will be in Barca for the week (Jul4 -Jul 11) 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Basically I just need some "dos" and "don'ts" I heard pick pocketing is really bad over there, so I was curious as the best method of carrying around cash (cash form on on a card? Traveler's checks??)

We're both young and single so we kinda looking to party mostly during the nights and sight see during the day.  Nothing corny though, also if you know of some dope sneaker shops that would be cool.  All feedback is welcome! 

I have traveled all over, from Rio De Janeiro to Cambodia. Barcelona is the only city i felt nervous out at night, and the only city where someone in the crew got robbed. obviously this can happen anywhere, just saying use common sense, and be safe. The beach while not very nice, has some of the most beautiful topless women in the world ( beach is man made ) you should deff do the Camp Nou tour. When exactly are you going? running of the bulls in pamplona starts in about two weeks, now that +%!# is cray!

studied abroad there last semester......greatest city in the world, for reals.

1. they do pick pocket like mad, so watch your back at all times especially on the train, because you will you will use the train to get everywhere.
2. hit the beach every night, it's where all the dope clubs and fine honeys are....and if you blaze son 
pimp.gif
it's there on demand (it will be obvious trust me)

3. take a trip up to the olympic stadium if you can, it's at the top of this sweet hill by the coast and it's an amazing view of the city

4. pay close attention the architecture...especially in the Gothic Quarter, it's one of the greatest features of this city

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIND A RESTUARANT IN THE "GRACIA" NEIGHBORHOOD (OFF THE YELLOW LINE OF THE METRO) NAMED 'UGARIT'......ORDER THE MOTHER EFFING 'XIX TAWUK'. SOME OF THE GREATEST FOOD YOU WILL EVER EAT IN YOUR LIFE!!!!

168634_605651173254_3867300_n.jpg

I used these to conceal cash/cards at all times. The one on the right had the bulk of cash/card I needed, and it was concealed inside my waist. The one on the left was where I kept small amount of cash and one card for convenience, and it was under my shirt at all times with the string not visible. I definitely did not take any chances.

If you're into soccer, or even if you're remotely interested in it definitely catch a Barcelona game if it's on that week. This may sound touristy, but if there's time take a trip inside Casa Batllo. Walk around in El Born area, there's a surprise in every corner. 

I honestly have no advice. However, bring us back some nice pics (I mean all kinds).

Was just there last month (only a few days though)

Didn't do much sightseeing, mainly partying.

Like another poster said go to beach area where a lot of the clubs are. Club OPM was my personal fav

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

shake dice with larry bird

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 when i was in Barcelona i kept saying that.

- I felt safe at night i walked all over (just don't be dumb)

- Walk Las Rambals 

- The metro system is 
pimp.gif

- Hit up the Olympic village

- Camp Nou is a must! the team store is 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 so is the tour.

- Do some sneaker shopping (House of Hoops, 24 Kilates)

- The beaches are 
pimp.gif

- Party

2v112jc.jpg

n5lqf.jpg

oh yeah hit this place up 
wink.gif

15646mp.jpg

Aww man thanks!!!! I wasn't expecting serious responses, but I appreciate them.

@airmaxes--where did you buy those from??

@dakid23 where is that shoe spot at?? Like what's the name of it? PM if you wanna keep it away from the lurkers
laugh.gif

you must go to xampaneria....best cava in to find with crazy good food..it is really hectic in there but it's completely worth it

Back
Top Bottom