Going to Barcelona this weekend, where to go what to do?

i know a half dozen really bomb american girls that are down there studying abroad. paypal me 10 bucks for the facebooks.

on the real though, it can be kinda hard to get at spanish/catalan girls cause their customs when it comes to intimacy are pretty different than ours. but definitely hit up night clubs. the one that comes to mind is opium mar, its right on the beach and near a bunch of other night clubs and bars. kind of an international crowd so you have a ton of options. not exactly cheap though.

definitely hit up a barcelona game if you can. don't know how much you appreciate soccer but they are one of, if not the best club soccer team of all time. theyre the soccer equivalent of the 96 bulls. and messi is jordan.

eat some tapas too.

barcelona is dope, man. im jealous. have fun.

i know a half dozen really bomb american girls that are down there studying abroad. paypal me 10 bucks for the facebooks.

on the real though, it can be kinda hard to get at spanish/catalan girls cause their customs when it comes to intimacy are pretty different than ours. but definitely hit up night clubs. the one that comes to mind is opium mar, its right on the beach and near a bunch of other night clubs and bars. kind of an international crowd so you have a ton of options. not exactly cheap though.

definitely hit up a barcelona game if you can. don't know how much you appreciate soccer but they are one of, if not the best club soccer team of all time. theyre the soccer equivalent of the 96 bulls. and messi is jordan.

eat some tapas too.

barcelona is dope, man. im jealous. have fun.

Have fun! Barcelona is definitely one of the craziest cities I've been to...

In my opinion, you shouldn't worry about shopping too much. Make sure you eat some paella while you're there and enjoy the nightlife...

Have fun! Barcelona is definitely one of the craziest cities I've been to...

In my opinion, you shouldn't worry about shopping too much. Make sure you eat some paella while you're there and enjoy the nightlife...

timcity2000 pretty much covered everything. you can people watch all day down at las ramblas/caterdal area.. whats the weather like this time of year?

timcity2000 pretty much covered everything. you can people watch all day down at las ramblas/caterdal area.. whats the weather like this time of year?

- Camp Nou as mentioned. Don't bother with scalpers, I used this site when I went:
http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/en/index.html
- Hit up Las Ramblas in central Barcelona. Famous street with shopping and whatnot. Careful not to get pick-pocketed
laugh.gif
Seriously though, if you go at night even the prostitutes at will try to pickpocket you. Pickpockets are everywhere and they single out ppl who look like tourists.
- Most people visit the Sagrada Familia which is basically a giant church. Doesn't matter if you're Christian, the architecture is absolutely incredible.
- The Maremagnum is the probably the biggest shopping mall, and it's waterfront. You can go there for nightlife as well.

It really is a great city. Have fun, and make sure you brush up on that Spanish beforehand
laugh.gif

- Camp Nou as mentioned. Don't bother with scalpers, I used this site when I went:
http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/en/index.html
- Hit up Las Ramblas in central Barcelona. Famous street with shopping and whatnot. Careful not to get pick-pocketed
laugh.gif
Seriously though, if you go at night even the prostitutes at will try to pickpocket you. Pickpockets are everywhere and they single out ppl who look like tourists.
- Most people visit the Sagrada Familia which is basically a giant church. Doesn't matter if you're Christian, the architecture is absolutely incredible.
- The Maremagnum is the probably the biggest shopping mall, and it's waterfront. You can go there for nightlife as well.

It really is a great city. Have fun, and make sure you brush up on that Spanish beforehand
laugh.gif

I live in Barcelona, PM me if you need anything. Where are you staying? A few tips:
- If it doesn't feel like being in Spain, it's because you're not in Spain. This is Catalonia, a occupied nation, and most locals aren't particularly keen to being called Spanish. Keyword here is locals, keep in mind there's a lot of college kids from around Spain.

- As some have already said, watch out for pickpockets, particularly if you're in the Rambla/Raval area.

- If you want to go shopping, screw Maremagnun: hit up either La Maquinista or L'Illa Diagonal. Maremagnum is beautiful, on the seafront, but there isn't much variety and things are overpriced. If you want anything upscale walk up and down Passeig de Gràcia or go to El Corte Inglés right downtown, by Plaça Catalunya.

- Be careful not to get lost on the subway. Subway lines are color-coded, but we have the purple line and the light purple line. You think I'm kidding...

- If you're shopping for kicks, there's an awesome store on Tallers 33. First street to your right if you're walking south from Plaça Catalunya. Can't remember the name.

- Do hit up a Barça game. You can actually buy tickets in a booth down La Rambla. 

- Do not eat anything in La Rambla, unless you want to pay 4€ for a beer and 25€ for a crappy tapas meal. La Barceloneta, on the other hand, offers a lot of good, moderately priced cuisine and a laid-back environment.

- It is illegal to drink on the street, but cops will generaly not give a crap unless you're raising hell. That being said, the Pakis that sell beer on the street stash them in the trash cans when the cops roll around. So yeah...

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

I live in Barcelona, PM me if you need anything. Where are you staying? A few tips:
- If it doesn't feel like being in Spain, it's because you're not in Spain. This is Catalonia, a occupied nation, and most locals aren't particularly keen to being called Spanish. Keyword here is locals, keep in mind there's a lot of college kids from around Spain.

- As some have already said, watch out for pickpockets, particularly if you're in the Rambla/Raval area.

- If you want to go shopping, screw Maremagnun: hit up either La Maquinista or L'Illa Diagonal. Maremagnum is beautiful, on the seafront, but there isn't much variety and things are overpriced. If you want anything upscale walk up and down Passeig de Gràcia or go to El Corte Inglés right downtown, by Plaça Catalunya.

- Be careful not to get lost on the subway. Subway lines are color-coded, but we have the purple line and the light purple line. You think I'm kidding...

- If you're shopping for kicks, there's an awesome store on Tallers 33. First street to your right if you're walking south from Plaça Catalunya. Can't remember the name.

- Do hit up a Barça game. You can actually buy tickets in a booth down La Rambla. 

- Do not eat anything in La Rambla, unless you want to pay 4€ for a beer and 25€ for a crappy tapas meal. La Barceloneta, on the other hand, offers a lot of good, moderately priced cuisine and a laid-back environment.

- It is illegal to drink on the street, but cops will generaly not give a crap unless you're raising hell. That being said, the Pakis that sell beer on the street stash them in the trash cans when the cops roll around. So yeah...

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom