Going to Beijing in a couple days.... What's there to do? edit: blocked sites?!

Never been... will be staying in the Beijing Schonbrunn Hotel. I understand chinese, but any sneaker spots nearby? How's the nightlife there?

Any tips/advice appreciated
pimp.gif

edit: AIGHT NT! Just landed and settled down in my hotel, but how come a bunch of sites are blocked?!? Help me out!!!

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

nerd.gif

Man I'm moving to Beijing tomorrow for 10 weeks. I don't know any chinese at all. 
niketalk

laugh.gif
 Luckily I'll be interning at an english speaking agency. But still
nerd.gif
any tips are appreciated. 
Edit: Does anyone know of a reliable VPN service that I can purchase in order to access FB, Twitter, etc.? 

Originally Posted by ricky409

nerd.gif

Man I'm moving to Beijing tomorrow for 10 weeks. I don't know any chinese at all. 
niketalk

laugh.gif
 Luckily I'll be interning at an english speaking agency. But still
nerd.gif
any tips are appreciated. 

Well, obviously you and Ground King should hook up. Other than that, idk.
ohwell.gif

Sneaker spots and nightlife?
Son...you can do that where you're from.

You gotta do what you can't usually do.
Example: Play with and/or juggle multiple baby tigers. You can do that there, serious. They let you throw meat at actual, obese tigers.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Example: Play with and/or juggle multiple baby tigers. You can do that there, serious. They let you throw meat at actual, obese tigers.
bro, i fed a tiger horse meat here. (dead serious) you just haven't lived.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
Yea, but did you juggle baby tigers, then end the day drinking illegal moonshine mixed with actual tiger parts that supposedly infuses and heals one's body with the power and spirit of these majestic beasts?
Haven't lived? According to that shady one-eyed tiger wine saleman, I'm going to live forever, B.

laugh.gif
Yea, but did you juggle baby tigers, then end the day drinking illegal moonshine mixed with actual tiger parts that supposedly infuses and heals one's body with the power and spirit of these majestic beasts?
Haven't lived? According to that shady one-eyed tiger wine saleman, I'm going to live forever, B.
no, i just fed them...
frown.gif

laugh.gif
ZnqQ5.gif

You're going to have an experience, and watch out for disease. It's still a 3rd world country by many regards, and you should take care of yourself. You might fall into temptation.

Beware of STDs, Herpes, H1N1, Flesh Eatting Bacteria and traveler's diarehea.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

You're going to have an experience, and watch out for disease. It's still a 3rd world country by many regards, and you should take care of yourself. You might fall into temptation.

Beware of STDs, Herpes, H1N1, Flesh Eatting Bacteria and traveler's diarehea.
89e.gif

i went for 16 days ... had a blast ...

visit all the sites ... don't go to the main section of the great wall ... i believe there are 4 sections accessible from beijing ... go to a less crowded one and ask to do the tobbagan ride down the wall but give the person in front of you some room so u can push it ...
eek.gif

bring around some comfortable walking shoes ...

go to the blind masseurs for a $7 massage for an hr ...

night life was cool ... there is a lil bit of everything ... well i didn't come across any dancehall ...

trains are really cheap and easy way to move about the city ...

do a bike ride if u can

DON'T BUY tea from any shop ... unless u see the price on the menu ... crazy scams w/ that ...

of course visit the CCTV building, the Egg and the olympic venues ...

Go to wafujing sq.... don't eat any bugs unless u about that life ... bargain everything ... and i mean everything ... just say no and they'll negotiate w/ u

pm if u have any more questions ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i went for 16 days ... had a blast ...

visit all the sites ... don't go to the main section of the great wall ... i believe there are 4 sections accessible from beijing ... go to a less crowded one and ask to do the tobbagan ride down the wall but give the person in front of you some room so u can push it ...
eek.gif

bring around some comfortable walking shoes ...

go to the blind masseurs for a $7 massage for an hr ...

night life was cool ... there is a lil bit of everything ... well i didn't come across any dancehall ...

trains are really cheap and easy way to move about the city ...

do a bike ride if u can

DON'T BUY tea from any shop ... unless u see the price on the menu ... crazy scams w/ that ...

of course visit the CCTV building, the Egg and the olympic venues ...

Go to wafujing sq.... don't eat any bugs unless u about that life ... bargain everything ... and i mean everything ... just say no and they'll negotiate w/ u

pm if u have any more questions ...

QFE.  My mom came back with 10 boxes of herbal tea, they turned out to be fake
laugh.gif

You think NT is full of scammers? Almost EVERYONE who does business over there is a scammer, and I'm not even exaggerating.  They'll sell you a product with false advertisement and lies.  Don't trust ANY vendors there.  And to the person who said that China is a third world country, you're stupid as hell
laugh.gif

Flesh eating bacteria?! I don't have time for that. I land in a little under 3 hours, wish me luck. Good looking out everyone.

Back
Top Bottom