Going to Boston

Me and a few friends are heading to boston to watch a celtics heat game  ,  I've never been to boston before, any places i should check out ?

Where are you staying?

Here's some standard tourist destinations off the top of my head:
  • Newbury St. (shopping)
  • North End  (food & drink)
  • Harvard Sq. (also where Concepts is)
  • Quincy Market
  • Boston Common
  • MFA & ICA (if you like art and have time to kill)
  • Fenway
  • Bodega
  • Aquarium (sounds corny, but it's unreal if you have the time)
Oh, and learn the T.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I might be going to Boston this summer too, the T?

indifferent.gif
 Learn it son

learn the T? its like the easiest train system out there. inbound outbound...know the diff and u good.

places to go: boston burger company in davis sq.

weather is hot but winter is in full effect on newbury st nyumsayin? so many walking around.

improv asylum in the north end of boston can make for some good laughs in the evening and theres a ton of bars around there so grab drinks

boston closes at 2am. yes 2am. as in last call can be 130 at some places. train stops at 12. have fun
grin.gif

^ Friends of mine have really struggled on it (especially taking the Green Line outbound). But I agree, it's far easier to understand than major transportation systems in some other cities (ahem, MTA).

Also, as sreggie noted, bars close early. I've been turned away before midnight.
indifferent.gif

I would suggest drinking in a non gentrified Southie bar then going back to a multi generation inbred Southie basement house party.

If you want good food try these places:
Italian food: pretty much anywhere on Hanover St. and the surrounding area in the North End.
Sushi: Ma Soba on Cambridge St or Fugakyu in Coolidge Corner
Pizza: Pizzeria Regina in the North End or Santarpio's in East Boston

The Cambridgeside Galleria is relatively close to the Garden and has some good shops including a House of Hoops. If you are looking to get some footwear try Laced, Concepts, and Bodega. Newbury St. also has a Niketown. Tickets are cheap at Fenway right now because the Sox are playing like dead animal butts, so if you go over there you should be able to catch a baseball game for short money as well. Right around the Garden there are some decent bars for pre and post game.

For before the game I'd recommend The Fours. Tons of TVs, decent food, lots of good drinks. After the game you want to hit up the Harp for live music and drinks, West End Johnnie's or Hurricane O'Reilly's for DJ and dancing. If you want a spot to grab real good food postgame and a mellow atmosphere try the Ruby Room in the Onyx Hotel.
All five of the spots I just mentioned are withing a block of the Garden so you can get there right after the game.

I've been a Celtics season ticket holder for the better part of a decade and was born and raised in Boston. If you want more specifics feel free to message me.

Originally Posted by beansietime

I've been a Celtics season ticket holder for the better part of a decade and was born and raised in Boston. If you want more specifics feel free to message me.
Unless you're a Heat fan....then I'll tell you some real nice places to go.....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom