Going to Maui on Friday

Going to Maui/Hawaii for the first time on Friday.  Any tips and advice for me?

Right now we're planning to:

rent a car and drive to Hana
go ziplining
snorkeling and whale watching
go to Kaihalulu(red sand beach) and Haleakala

Any other must do's?

Thanks NT

I live on Maui with my girl. It's a dope place. Where are you staying? Road to Hana is dope but it is an all day affair so get started early. You'll make a lot of stops if you want to take photos and do hikes. Stop at the shrimp truck halfway through. Take a dip at the 7 sacred pools if it's open. Napili Bay and Black Rock on Ka'anapali beach are the best free snorkeling spots. Have breakfast at Gazebo before hand but go early because the line gets really long. I recommend the white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes and the big kahuna omelett. Visit Front St. because there are a lot of bars, shops, and restaurants. Also Old Lahaina Luau is the best of the ones i've been to. Haleakala sunrise is like a spiritual experience. You get to watch the sun rise through the clouds. Wear layers because it gets freezing cold then on the way back stop at Kamoda's Bakery in Makawao for some delicious malasadas. Visit the south side which is my hood and S. Kihei Rd. has a grip of bars and restaurants. Local Boy shave ice is the best. Charley Young and Wailea Beach are my favorites on the south side because the water is nice and calm. N. Kihei beaches can get windy but are good if you are into windsurfing. Big beach is dope too but the waves can get very gnarly. I can go on and on. Living here is like being retired at a young age. Most importantly, wear sunblock and reapply regularly. Don't let a stupid thing like a sunburn ruin your experience. Any questions, just shout. Enjoy and Aloha!

Thanks!!  We're staying at The Westin Spa and Resort near Lahaina.  Can you recommend any Zipline tours and whale watching tours?  What time should I be there for the Haleakala sunrise? 

Skyline Eco Adventures is a good zip line tour. Do the Ka'anapali tour because it will be close to where you are staying. I've done both and I like that one better. I've never done any whale watching tours because I can see them all the time from the lanai of my crib. If you jam at 4 am you should get there a little early but check the sunrise times anyway.

Back
Top Bottom