going to NYC March 2015

Man I wish I was in Cali during March in New York.

You're hustlin backwards. Come during the Summer
pimp.gif

^ lol yall the worst

Just stay warm and you will enjoy yourself, that nyc cold is a mood killer

If you on a tight budget your better off coming to chicago....slightly cheaper and better overall experience for sure

Go above 96th street. I'm not even saying that to be sarcastic, but it's good to see those neighborhoods and how the not so glitzy side of NYC.

Hit up Shake Shack after you're done partying or getting lifted. :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are just booked our first trip to New york city. We used airbnb to stay in the Hell's kitchen area for 6days. We will not be renting a car, are new to traveling and using public transportation. We like the touristy activity and good food, but we are on a tight budget.

Where should we go?
How do you get around with public transit (subway/metro pass to get)?
NYC etiquete?
Must do activities?
what goes on in March?
What to pack for the weather?
What to avoid?

You don't need a car if you'll be in NYC. We have a fantastic subway system that is EXTREMELY cheap, compared to other cities.

Where should we go?
Depends what you're into, but I would suggest checking out the Freedom Tower, 30 Rock (go ice skating downstairs), Empire State Building, Wall Street, Broadway and SoHo. Go to MoMA, Museum of Natural History, Metropolitan Museum of Art. Make you check out Dumbo in Brooklyn as well (great views). Take a walk down Central Park and The High Line.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60763-Activities-New_York_City_New_York.html

How do you get around with public transit (subway/metro pass to get)?
You will have to use the MTA. Get a 7-day Unlimited Metrocard ($30) and make sure you get a free map from the booth operator at any station

NYC etiquette?
There will be TON of people. Do not stop walking in the middle of a crowd to take a picture or look around. If you need to do that, just move to the side. Also, people walk very fast in NY. If you need to slow down, move to the right side. While using escalators--If you don't want to walk up or down them, stand on the RIGHT SIDE so people can use the left side to walk up/down.

Must do activities?
You guys into food? NYC got that and more. Check out Artichoke Pizza on McDougal, Halal Food on 53rd and 6th, Greys Payaya in the Upper West Side, Serendipity in the Upper East Side, Momofuku Milk Bar in East Village. Make sure you hit up Shake Shack in Madison Park too.

what goes on in March?
It's NYC. Walk around and you'll find a lot of stuff to do.

What to pack for the weather?
It's going to be cold as ****. Bring a coat, gloves and scarves

What to avoid?
Looking like a complete tourist and those damn costume characters in Times Square

I live in NYC and really know this city inside and out. NYC is a HUGE city and just like Paris and London--you can't really experience it in just 6 days. Make sure you're out as much as possible. PM me for any supplemental questions.

Last edited:
going first week of december for my wedding anniversary, i'm pretty stoked, have atleast 80% of the trip planned, gonna go through here for additional suggestions

first day we get in at 345(flight was randomly changed) so after we check in we should have some exploring time(sohotel) before we head to "catch" for sushi

2nd day
statue of liberty
9/11 museum
new world trade tower
lunch @ shake shack
dinner at "anejos"
I'll most likely fit another couple of activities in,i'm sure grand central station can fit here someplace

3rd day(anniversary)
real cronuts(ansels place is like a 3 minute walk)
sleep/she gets ready
horse carriage drawn central park ride for an hour
dinner at "craft" restaurant
front row tix for broadway show
drinks/dessert someplace

the rest is up in the air i do have stuff planned but depending on if SNL is new when we go, we might be pulling an all nighter for tix as we are both huge fans, which means if that happens then i'll def have to rearrange our days as we would probably sleep all day and maybe do ice skating at rockefellar and eat someplace till its close to taping time. We are big foodies and since we have both been here before(separately) we did want to take in the scenery but eat great food, so any suggestion are def appreciated. coming from cali, but i was born in south carolina and lived in boston after that before coming to cali, i actually cant wait because i miss the snow, but in no way am i throwing shade(pun intended) on cali's weather
I'd also like to note that i do have reservations to most places we are eating at, i dont just expect to walk in and get a table

Last edited:
Do not stop in the middle of the sidewalk in midtown to take a picture. You will be bumped into, probably on purpose too, and your camera/phone/ipad will probably be dropped and cracked.

Nothing more do I hate than going out to lunch and having tourists stop randomly in front of me on a busy sidewalk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom