Going to the Plasma Center

Back in the late 00s I heard you could make 50 a week donating blood. I walked into this center Downtown (first result on Google) and immediately walked back out >D All the people in the lobby looked like crackheads from the 1980s who never stopped smoking. I quickly forgot about it and started working 10-15 hrs overtime which solved my money issues.

Fast forward to 2020, I'm transitioning career-wise and then Covid hits. I find this place "BioLife" that's halfway between my job and crib. They are open from 6AM-9PM which means I can stop in on the way to work, or from work. They require 2 forms of ID, I lost my SS card so I used a license, and w2. You also need a piece of mail within the last 30 days.

Your first time donating, they have a nurse give you a comprehensive physical which was cool. They take a sample of your blood and screen it for diseases. I seen alot of first timers get rejected, mostly women who had small veins.

2nd visit you check in on a "medical history" kiosk, if you got a tattoo or piercings within the last week or been to jail recently, if you traveled to certain countries during certain years.

Then they have a tech prick your finger to measure the protein in your blood and hydration. Interestingly it's mostly chicks that get rejected cause their ratio of tissue to water is lower and they have to drink a whole lot more. Also if your heartbeat is over 100 they'll reject you, but you can come back the next day and try again. The last thing they have you do is step on a scale, people under 140 donate the least, 175 and over is the highest. You get paid more but also might spend an extra 15-20 mins out there.

Now that they recorded your stats (which are available on an app which is cool) you ready to go out on the floor and lay down on a zero gravity bed. It's got a funky design where your back is reclined but there's a hump under your legs to promote good circulation. I notice my back pain drops significantly the rest of the day.

Next the nurse dips a q tip in iodine syrup and rubs it into your arm before they stick you with the needle. You go through about 5 cycles of giving plasma squeezing your fist and relax cycles where they return blood cells. Towards the end your body gets cold and your lips start tingling. After you finish, the phlebotomist disconnects you, puts a cotton pad on your arm and triple wraps it in bandage.

After 2 years, I'm back on my feet but still visit twice a month for the easy cash, you can go twice a week max.

Another plus is all the eye candy :wink: Obviously it's gonna vary from location to location but at mine it's about a 50/50 ratio of frumpy to dimes. You'll see em from all walks of life, hipster chicks and soccer mom's to divas and professional women. The phlebotomists themselves also tend to be hotties.

Anyone else on this plasma wave?

Back in the late 00s I heard you could make 50 a week donating blood. I walked into this center Downtown (first result on Google) and immediately walked back out >D All the people in the lobby looked like crackheads from the 1980s who never stopped smoking. I quickly forgot about it and started working 10-15 hrs overtime which solved my money issues.

Fast forward to 2020, I'm transitioning career-wise and then Covid hits. I find this place "BioLife" that's halfway between my job and crib. They are open from 6AM-9PM which means I can stop in on the way to work, or from work. They require 2 forms of ID, I lost my SS card so I used a license, and w2. You also need a piece of mail within the last 30 days.

Your first time donating, they have a nurse give you a comprehensive physical which was cool. They take a sample of your blood and screen it for diseases. I seen alot of first timers get rejected, mostly women who had small veins.

2nd visit you check in on a "medical history" kiosk, if you got a tattoo or piercings within the last week or been to jail recently, if you traveled to certain countries during certain years.

Then they have a tech prick your finger to measure the protein in your blood and hydration. Interestingly it's mostly chicks that get rejected cause their ratio of tissue to water is lower and they have to drink a whole lot more. Also if your heartbeat is over 100 they'll reject you, but you can come back the next day and try again. The last thing they have you do is step on a scale, people under 140 donate the least, 175 and over is the highest. You get paid more but also might spend an extra 15-20 mins out there.

Now that they recorded your stats (which are available on an app which is cool) you ready to go out on the floor and lay down on a zero gravity bed. It's got a funky design where your back is reclined but there's a hump under your legs to promote good circulation. I notice my back pain drops significantly the rest of the day.

Next the nurse dips a q tip in iodine syrup and rubs it into your arm before they stick you with the needle. You go through about 5 cycles of giving plasma squeezing your fist and relax cycles where they return blood cells. Towards the end your body gets cold and your lips start tingling. After you finish, the phlebotomist disconnects you, puts a cotton pad on your arm and triple wraps it in bandage.

After 2 years, I'm back on my feet but still visit twice a month for the easy cash, you can go twice a week max.

Another plus is all the eye candy :wink: Obviously it's gonna vary from location to location but at mine it's about a 50/50 ratio of frumpy to dimes. You'll see em from all walks of life, hipster chicks and soccer mom's to divas and professional women. The phlebotomists themselves also tend to be hotties.

Anyone else on this plasma wave?

I have done it, most recently summer of 2021, and can co-sign every single thing you said is facts :lol:

I just got sick of the needle going into my arm and the weakness feeling for the hour afterward.

I also can’t do my left arm because the machine kept stopping and starting as I was pumping, my left arm wasn’t worthy I guess. Right arm worked fine.

I have a friend who had a phlebotomist mess up detaching the bag and all the blood went everywhere. I also have a fear of them not being able to find a vein and just poking me over and over.

Go to the biolife website and print out the coupon for your location and you can get 1000$ your first month across 8 donations. I went but they said my hr was too high which makes sense because i had just taken a pwo then worked out

Theres fb groups of people who make a whole living doing this. Switching between places so they get the new donor bonus/incentives

I have a friend who had a phlebotomist mess up detaching the bag and all the blood went everywhere.

abuelo-simpson.gif

We don’t donate sperms I only bust in street walkers, plus I don’t want to have a kid out there walking the streets.

What about donating sperms? datznasty datznasty
I never seriously looked into it but my kids be gorgeous, tall queens and have oodles of personality. I got good jeans if anybody want me to buss off in their lady

But the plasma thing i was gonna do but i didnt go back after the 1 time i did and my hr was above 100 so they told me come back tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom