Golden State Niketalk Dudes: Is Life In California As Great As TV/Movies Makes It Out To Be?

Yeah you have to go deep into places to even run into trouble now and days. Still I'd leave your all red or blue shoes at home.

Or what if i was conducting business and had to respect the neighborhoods i was in? could it be that.. Bc I aint tell you someone pressed me I just made a statement...

honestly thats not even an issue like it used to be

You didn't hear the story about the special needs kid who was shot over his all red shoes it was in the news. They asked him to take them off he refused walked back to the car wash he was at with his mom and they shot him. So yeah if they want it can get ugly. Of course it's not like it was in the 80/90 but it's still going on.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good but not a must go IMO.

yeah. i just feel like in order to get that authentic food you have to visit the 'urban' neighborhoods. you're not going to find a legit mexican spot in the tourists areas. at least that's what i do when i want to eat at some good spots.

Last edited:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good but not a must go IMO.

yeah. i just feel like in order to get that authentic food you have to visit the 'urban' neighborhoods. you're not going to find a legit mexican spot in the tourists areas. at least that's what i do when i want to eat at some good spots.

Huge difference between urban and a place where I'm worried about the color of my shirt.

Of course the tourist places aren't the best, I was in no way suggesting that.

Just saying I don't need to go somewhere where I'm legit worried about getting banged on to get some wings. LA ain't like that anymore

If you don't go looking for trouble you will be ok. I used to love red top and black jeans in high school because they match Jordans. Two best friends lived in the hood, off San Pedro in South Central and Crenshaw and National City in Lmt Park. Never had an issue hanging out with them.

Shoutout to my mans that posted about Hawkins. Their food is fire :pimp:. Just make sure to call your order in about an hour ahead of time lol

Huge difference between urban and a place where I'm worried about the color of my shirt.

Of course the tourist places aren't the best, I was in no way suggesting that.

Just saying I don't need to go somewhere where I'm legit worried about getting banged on to get some wings. LA ain't like that anymore

i get what are you are saying but you have to just not display fear when you go to those places. more often then not people sense the fear just looking at someone who looks like they are out of place. the best thing to do is be alert and don't display fear :lol:

Last edited:
LA looks like a place where unless you have a trust fund or a great full-time position....

Probably not for you.

I want that middle class LA experience, so now im checking out Dallas.

San Fernando Valley is the middle class LA experience. Everyone lives there because its cheaper and commute to work.

If you can't make it in LA... move to the midwest

or Vegas

Or Phoenix

LA looks like a place where unless you have a trust fund or a great full-time position....

Probably not for you.

San Fernando Valley is the middle class LA experience. Everyone lives there because its cheaper and commute to work.

Or the IE

Some parts of SFV can be expensive

Probably not for you.

san fernando valley has million dollar homes papi

although there def are some cheaper parts

Dudes in here really trying claim the IE is what's good in SOCAL? What is there to do in the IE? No one from the Westside is sitting back like "Yo, this weekend we should really hit up Fontana and see what's good!"

07c0838709249a11819f74e294c79a34.520x293x49.gif
Son...

I'm from the IE & this had me 
roll.gif

The IE stinks for the most part.

It's always hot as **** 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom