Golf Discussion - The Open Championship at Royal Liverpool Golf Club

Rory will go majorless here to eternity! So happy for Wyndham, seems like a terrific dude.

Pulling for Rickie to win a major has been unbelievably like being a Texas A&M fan. Every time we get in a good position, we just **** down our leg down the stretch. Was really hoping he could pull it off today, but not surprised by the outcome.

I've been pulling for Rickie to win a major since 2015 when he won The PLAYERS. Mans was playing so well back then and it just....never happened. I'm hoping he can get that first soon. He's been trending upwards with his play for the past 6 months or so.

I’ve been irritated about this for years - and today I am finally vindicated.

A few years ago I was watching the Masters and the BBC commentator said that someone would win “another green jacket”.

On Twitter I replied that you don’t get another one - you get one when you win and that’s it.

My reasoning was a story I heard Jack tell once - they didn’t have one ready in his size so he got a used one - and it was only years later someone in charge noticed and were embarrassed and got him his own new one. Obviously he didn’t get another one the next time he won. That’s why you couldn’t see an image like a multiple Tour de France winner with a row of yellow jerseys.

Anyway, they replied saying I was wrong.

Here it is from the lips of someone who would know:

Rickie has been absolutely dialed in lately, good to see him finally get a win after so long. First win since the Waste Management in 2019, same day as that weak Pats Rams 13-3 Super Bowl :wow: :lol:

Good warm-up win for Rory today. I live about 20 miles from where they were playing and the wind is wild. I was out with my wife earlier and I couldn’t hear what she was saying standing beside her. Really up and down but an amazing finish.

Fleetwood is now +550 after starting +2900. Scheffler +600.

Rory is third at +1000, which is a sucker bet because we all know he will never win another major.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fleetwood win it. He was near the top of most every major a few years back...actually thought he won the Open before, but had to verify before I posted this and he's only been runner-up.

Harman is +150 leading the live odds, with Fleetwood behind him at +400.

Rory is third at +1100, which we all know is a sucker bet because he will never win another major.

They’re still talking up Rory like crazy :smh:

He’s 9 strokes back, 10 golfers ahead of him, and he’s currently tied with 16 others at -1 :lol:

My parents have a place near St Andrews and I’ve always wanted to walk around the Old Course. I followed Tiger round once when he won but you can’t see a lot through the crowds.

They have a town law that says no play on a Sunday so it’s the day to do it.

It was fun to do - you get quite a different angle than you do on TV.

IMG_6047.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bunker this large - you can’t see it from the tee then you go over a rise and it basically covers the whole of the green.

IMG_6048.jpeg

The greens are generally pretty huge - all but 4 are shared with a hole going the other way - but they’re narrow front to back and the ground is hard so obviously that makes it tricky.

The town in the background on our way back.

IMG_6049.jpeg

It would have been a challenging day - there’s a stiff breeze off the sea.

Europe running these dudes off the block

Kinda enjoying seeing the USA take this ***-kicking, especially Brooks

I was thinking about Schoolboy Q recently and how big Man of The Year and Collard Greens were for literally everyone when i was in college

Sad to see Tiger continue to perform at this level. Just making the cut was never his thing. He should probably pack it up

Back
Top Bottom