Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What was Gunna doing in Fayetteville taking pictures of Erin Andrews?
nerd.gif
roll.gif

On a side note, I wouldn't be shocked if one of those athletes already hit.

Pretty bored at work got some articles about the game this weekend:

Spoiler [+]
The blue turf is always a story. It's, er, different. But how muchwould anyone care if Boise State hadn't won 56 consecutiveregular-season games on it? "College GameDay" wouldn't be setting upshop in front of Bronco Stadium on Saturday unless the team that playson so-called Smurf Turf was really, really good. As in No. 3 in thenation and might play for the national title good.

A homefield advantage? Absolutely. Bronco Stadium ain't big --capacity is officially 33,500 -- but it's darn loud. Still, Boise Statebeat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on green turf, and it beat TCU inthe Fiesta Bowl last January on green turf, and the Broncos got thesame positive result a few weeks back against Virginia Tech on greenturf. Those last two victories were part of a 16-game winning streak,nine of which came on boring, ole green grass.

The turf is blue, but the team is what leaves nearly every opponent green with envy. Or is it seeing red?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlarg...idth=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
ncf_ap_oregonstate1_300.jpg

AP Photo/Corvallis Gazette-Times/Scobel WigginsThe Beavers practiced on a blue field to prepare for playing at Bronco Stadium.
"They'redarn good," said Oregon State coach Mike Riley, whose 24th-ranked squadwill try to end the Broncos home winning streak on Saturday. "They'vegot good players and they are extremely well coached. That's thebiggest factor."

Nonetheless, Oregon State this week went to great lengths to giveits players a feel for seeing blue underfoot. The school painted apractice field "reflex" blue and then dressed its scout team in thesame color.

Riley said the decision was based as much on "fun" as strategy. Andthe Beavers' players don't seem to be too taken by the notion of ablue-turf mystique.

"The turf is blue and their jerseys are blue, but there’s 11 guysover there," linebacker Dwight Roberson said. "I don’t feel like theblue turf has to do with anything. It’s a field; you play football onit. For me, it’s nothing different than playing any other footballgame.

Spoiler [+]
The blue turf is always a story. It's, er, different. But how muchwould anyone care if Boise State hadn't won 56 consecutiveregular-season games on it? "College GameDay" wouldn't be setting upshop in front of Bronco Stadium on Saturday unless the team that playson so-called Smurf Turf was really, really good. As in No. 3 in thenation and might play for the national title good.

A homefield advantage? Absolutely. Bronco Stadium ain't big --capacity is officially 33,500 -- but it's darn loud. Still, Boise Statebeat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on green turf, and it beat TCU inthe Fiesta Bowl last January on green turf, and the Broncos got thesame positive result a few weeks back against Virginia Tech on greenturf. Those last two victories were part of a 16-game winning streak,nine of which came on boring, ole green grass.

The turf is blue, but the team is what leaves nearly every opponent green with envy. Or is it seeing red?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlarg...idth=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Corvallis Gazette-Times/Scobel WigginsThe Beavers practiced on a blue field to prepare for playing at Bronco Stadium.
"They'redarn good," said Oregon State coach Mike Riley, whose 24th-ranked squadwill try to end the Broncos home winning streak on Saturday. "They'vegot good players and they are extremely well coached. That's thebiggest factor."

Nonetheless, Oregon State this week went to great lengths to giveits players a feel for seeing blue underfoot. The school painted apractice field "reflex" blue and then dressed its scout team in thesame color.

Riley said the decision was based as much on "fun" as strategy. Andthe Beavers' players don't seem to be too taken by the notion of ablue-turf mystique.

"The turf is blue and their jerseys are blue, but there’s 11 guysover there," linebacker Dwight Roberson said. "I don’t feel like theblue turf has to do with anything. It’s a field; you play football onit. For me, it’s nothing different than playing any other footballgame.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by dreClark

I wouldn't expect a lot of nickel vs. Pitt though. Or had you already read that y'all are going to be going nickel alot? If so, that plays right into Dion Lewis's hands.

Also, how are Brandon McGee and Dyron Dye looking?

We play nickel more because we only have 2 good LBs but RS claims it's to get more speed on the field. Only when we're in the base 4-3 will you see Harris on the outside. When we go to nickel he slides to the inside.
So are y'all rolling Ray-Ray down to play in the box?
McGee got a lot of PT against Ohio St and I didn't hear his name calledmuch so that means he played pretty well. Dye only played against FAMUbut he might get some PT tonight.
McGee
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by dreClark

I wouldn't expect a lot of nickel vs. Pitt though. Or had you already read that y'all are going to be going nickel alot? If so, that plays right into Dion Lewis's hands.

Also, how are Brandon McGee and Dyron Dye looking?

We play nickel more because we only have 2 good LBs but RS claims it's to get more speed on the field. Only when we're in the base 4-3 will you see Harris on the outside. When we go to nickel he slides to the inside.
So are y'all rolling Ray-Ray down to play in the box?
McGee got a lot of PT against Ohio St and I didn't hear his name calledmuch so that means he played pretty well. Dye only played against FAMUbut he might get some PT tonight.
McGee
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Spoiler [+]

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlargePhoto?id=5607909','Popup','width=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Spoiler [+]

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlargePhoto?id=5607909','Popup','width=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge

Quay Barnes from Apopka High is serious. I'm watching my old team on ESPN 2. On a side note Jacory is looking iffy right now. Bridgewater could be the solution.
pimp.gif

Quay Barnes from Apopka High is serious. I'm watching my old team on ESPN 2. On a side note Jacory is looking iffy right now. Bridgewater could be the solution.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

The 1st two games are by hard the toughest. you can't really call that murderers row with having tenn and ole miss on there
laugh.gif
. even south carolina and lsu are pretty iffy including them in murderers row.

I wanna see what Ryan and those WR's will be able to do this saturday against that D.

I honestly think we won't have too much of a problem vs Bama's D (in the air). We've been running more of a vanilla offense compared to last season, ready to see him Petrino open it up a bit more, which I'm sure he'll do. We match up better this year vs last year's game.

It's going to be a hard fought game,ill be front and center for this one though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

The 1st two games are by hard the toughest. you can't really call that murderers row with having tenn and ole miss on there
laugh.gif
. even south carolina and lsu are pretty iffy including them in murderers row.

I wanna see what Ryan and those WR's will be able to do this saturday against that D.

I honestly think we won't have too much of a problem vs Bama's D (in the air). We've been running more of a vanilla offense compared to last season, ready to see him Petrino open it up a bit more, which I'm sure he'll do. We match up better this year vs last year's game.

It's going to be a hard fought game,ill be front and center for this one though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom