Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

LETS GO!!! Orange on Orange w/ Blue hats
Hard to watch bright orange on orange on a neon blue field. Yall really need to do something about that.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Anyone think Fresno can pull off the upset?

I dont
tired.gif
No, only team on their schedule that could potentially keep it close is Nevada because of their offense. I dont think Fresno is going to have very much success on offense.
Dont hate Trelvis, you just mad we are gonna pass you after next week
pimp.gif

Orange on Orange is
pimp.gif
we need white hats though

Took a bit, but we are up and rolling now. Our D IS STOUT!!!

Not really digging Boise's all-orange unis.

That white helmet is nice though, they should've worn them tonight.

Speaking of orange unis, aren't the Canes going to be wearing the Pro Combats soon?

I'm really interested in seeing how Illinois/Northwestern game is going work tommorrow.

That game has the potential to be a ginormous cluster-!*@%.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Not really digging Boise's all-orange unis.

That white helmet is nice though, they should've worn them tonight.

Speaking of orange unis, aren't the Canes going to be wearing the Pro Combats soon?

I'm really interested in seeing how Illinois/Northwestern game is going work tommorrow.

That game has the potential to be a ginormous cluster-!*@%.
The 'canes are wearing theirs tomorrow vs Virginia Tech. I think this is one of the better pro-combat sets this season
pimp.gif
F720132.jpg
F720120.jpg
F720115.jpg
F720133.jpg

What is the level of *disdain *hate *disrespect etc. for Boise on here.

I am not saying that it is above any other school in the nation but I feel like Boise doesn't get the respect that TCU or any other school in the nation with a 23 game win streak (no one) in the nation gets?

Lay out your arguments please...

!+@% Boise and their potato-loving #*@%@. 

Nah I'm playing. Absolutely no hate. Based on the system we have though, I can't see putting an undefeated Boise over an undefeated Oregon or Auburn. Just can't do it. 

On another note, I'm leaving for Gameday at 3:30 in the morning
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(They have a special spot for Northwestern students IF you get there by 5am! Going to be in Wrigleyville all day
pimp.gif

WILDCAT WAY

The Allstate Wrigleyville Classic will feature a street festival on "Wildcat Way" where football fans can enjoy food and refreshments, play games and watch college football action from around the nation in celebration of the first college football game at Wrigley Field since 1938. Wildcat Way will be open on Sheffield Avenue between Addison Street and Waveland Avenue from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Admittance is free to the general public.  Fans in Wildcat Way can cheer on the Northwestern Wildcats football team as they arrive from Evanston at approximately 11:45 a.m. College football games will air on a large LED screen and numerous flat-screen TVs starting at 11 a.m. and continuing throughout the evening.

pimp.gif

If y'all don't hear from me by Monday, just assume I'm dead. Nice knowing y'all. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif

psssht
I Like Boise. I like TCU.

I like good football. Zero disdain, zero hate.

but ehhhh, Im different, I can watch a DIII football game and get enjoyment out of it as long as theyre playing sound football

^ Hope you got good seats and not in the outfield lol.

As for Boise State, they all clamor for respect.

Oregon wants respect.
Auburn wants respect.
TCU wants respect.

They are no different.

*puts on flame suit* Personally I think Oregon wants no parts of Boise State.

I am not saying that it is above any other school in the nation but I feel like Boise doesn't get the respect that TCU or any other school in the nation with a 23 game win streak (no one) in the nation gets?

I personally think Boise deserves a chance at a national championship, they have a great track record playing in BCS games and I  think they've earned that right.

ATHENS, Ga. -- Boise State is coming to Atlanta for season-opening games in 2011 and 2014, including next season's opener against Georgia in the Georgia Dome.

Chick-fil-A Bowl president Gary Stokan said Friday the game will be played on Sept. 3, 2011, and be televised by ESPN or ABC.

We thought with the opportunity to take a No. 4 BCS-ranked Boise State with the University of Georgia, we've got two powerful nationally known football brands.

Originally Posted by Noskey

BSU (2-0) > Oregon (0-2)

If Oregon was in the WAC last year the best they could have finished was 12-1 and played in the Humanitarian Bowl
happy.gif

BSU > TCU

Only cheap shot in that entire roll was Ellis on Masoli (1st one) Jeron is my boy and he played that hit through, might have been late but last I checked its football. Supposedly our athletes are smaller, not as big and not as fast.....we shouldn't be hurting players if thats the case
smile.gif

Sorry, I honestly believe BSU is the best coached team in the country and you give us a month + to prepare we are not losting. Talking to you Auburn and Oregon (again, reference last 2 years please).

I'm not saying y'all arent one of the best coached teams in the country (because we all know Peterson is amazing when he has 4 months to plan for a bowl/big game). I am saying BSU has dirty players.

Anyways, those videos are why I hate them. I could care less about your homerish arguments why the blatantly late hits arent
eyes.gif
Oh and your 2nd-class trash fans/players.

And everyone knows Oregon was overrated 2 years ago, last year... see my 1st sentence.

Spoiler [+]
Well I think you already know why I can't stand you guys 
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It wasn't just that we lost, but the way we lost. So many miscues and dumb mistakes, and then terrible playcalling at the end of the game. Add to that that we've lost to teams that eventually went on to play for a MNC three times in the past 6 years and there's a chance it could happen again this year, and I would have had a thing against whichever team we lost to in that game. 

I have a ton of respect for the coaching staff and how they run their offense and get the team to execute so well. They are one of the best, if not the best, coached teams in the country. That being said the reason they have that 23 game winning streak is because their conference is so weak. It's still very impressive but it's not the same as what Miami and USC did in the first half of the decade. Have they played and beaten some good teams? Yes, but they are not tested as often as they would be in other conferences, even the ACC (laugh all you want, the league does suck but it still presents much more of a challenge in the conference schedule than the WAC does. I wouldn't even argue that an undefeated ACC team should get an MNC shot over an undefeated Big 10 or SEC team this year unless the OOC schedule made up for the weakness of the league). 

Under the current system I would have a problem with an undefeated Boise or TCU playing for the MNC unless there are clearly no other worthy teams. If there were some sort of playoff I would have no problem at all with them being in it because they'd have to be tested against good teams multiple times rather than just once or twice a year. Until that happens though I don't think it's fair when one team has to beat LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Miss St, Tennesee, Mississippi and Auburn in conference in order to play for the title, and Boise would only have to beat Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Utah State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, New Mexico, San Jose State.

That doesn't make me "hate" Boise but I've felt that way for awhile now and I was hoping we could beat you guys and silence all the discussion about this. So in a way I just hate that we couldn't beat you and end the discussion rather than actually hating the team.
Cliffnotes: I don't like you guys because we lost to you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Spoiler [+]
Well I think you already know why I can't stand you guys 
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It wasn't just that we lost, but the way we lost. So many miscues and dumb mistakes, and then terrible playcalling at the end of the game. Add to that that we've lost to teams that eventually went on to play for a MNC three times in the past 6 years and there's a chance it could happen again this year, and I would have had a thing against whichever team we lost to in that game. 

I have a ton of respect for the coaching staff and how they run their offense and get the team to execute so well. They are one of the best, if not the best, coached teams in the country. That being said the reason they have that 23 game winning streak is because their conference is so weak. It's still very impressive but it's not the same as what Miami and USC did in the first half of the decade. Have they played and beaten some good teams? Yes, but they are not tested as often as they would be in other conferences, even the ACC (laugh all you want, the league does suck but it still presents much more of a challenge in the conference schedule than the WAC does. I wouldn't even argue that an undefeated ACC team should get an MNC shot over an undefeated Big 10 or SEC team this year unless the OOC schedule made up for the weakness of the league). 

Under the current system I would have a problem with an undefeated Boise or TCU playing for the MNC unless there are clearly no other worthy teams. If there were some sort of playoff I would have no problem at all with them being in it because they'd have to be tested against good teams multiple times rather than just once or twice a year. Until that happens though I don't think it's fair when one team has to beat LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Miss St, Tennesee, Mississippi and Auburn in conference in order to play for the title, and Boise would only have to beat Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Utah State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, New Mexico, San Jose State.

That doesn't make me "hate" Boise but I've felt that way for awhile now and I was hoping we could beat you guys and silence all the discussion about this. So in a way I just hate that we couldn't beat you and end the discussion rather than actually hating the team.
Cliffnotes: I don't like you guys because we lost to you.
laugh.gif

Respect given sir. Valid argument and I respect that. One argument is 3 undefeated regular seasons in 4 years if we win out this year. We need a chance. I honestly think we are better than Oregon and Auburn. Hate all you want but thats how I feel. Prove me wrong. Oregon D is whack, Auburn D is whacker....if thats a word.

I think Oregon's game with Oregon State is going to be tough. I think they can handle Arizona fine, but I just have a feeling that it's gonna be very close, just as much as the Cal game was.

If Boise can blow out Nevada that'll help their chances tremendously, but if they don't, even if they win it's not going to look good or help them much if at all.

Have you seen Oregon State's run D this year? I mean Wassu put up 2 bills on em. At least Cal is 10 in the nation in total defense.

Oregon's biggest game left is Zona and even that's in Autzen.

Only cheap shot in that entire roll was Ellis on Masoli (1st one) Jeron is my boy and he played that hit through, might have been late but last I checked its football. Supposedly our athletes are smaller, not as big and not
smile.gif
as fast.....we shouldn't be hurting players if thats the case 
roll.gif
You can't be serious?

I find it ironic that Noskey is calling out cheap shots while defending them a couple of pages back.

I don't hate Boise, just can't stand the clamoring for the elusive "respect" they seek.  I don't feel bad for them, and I definitely don't feel they deserve a shot at the NC game over an undefeated team from a major conference, maybe even a 1 loss team from a major conference.

I disagree, I feel TCU and Boise St. get the same amount of respect.  The reason they don't get respect for that 23 game winning streak is that they have a lot of lousy teams sprinkled in with some good teams.  Plus, VTech losing to James Madison didn't help.  Oregon getting steamrolled in the Rose Bowl didn't help.

Unfortunately those are things that are thrown in the mix, when your conference slate is really weak.  Seems like we had this argument last week with a TCU fan
laugh.gif
.  Bottom line is facing a 4-6 Arizona State team is not the same as facing a 4-6 Utah State team, facing a 7-3 Arizona team is not the same as facing a 7-3 Hawaii team. 

No one is arguing that they are not good, well coached teams.  They just don't deserve to leap frog Oregon, Auburn....and hate to say it... LSU.  At this point.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Only cheap shot in that entire roll was Ellis on Masoli (1st one) Jeron is my boy and he played that hit through, might have been late but last I checked its football. Supposedly our athletes are smaller, not as big and not
smile.gif
as fast.....we shouldn't be hurting players if thats the case 
roll.gif
You can't be serious?

I find it ironic that Noskey is calling out cheap shots while defending them a couple of pages back.

I knew you were gonna bring that up when I was typing out my post
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Spoiler [-]
Respect given sir. Valid argument and I respect that. One argument is 3 undefeated regular seasons in 4 years if we win out this year. We need a chance. I honestly think we are better than Oregon and Auburn. Hate all you want but thats how I feel. Prove me wrong. Oregon D is whack, Auburn D is whacker....if thats a word.
I agree that you all are in a tough place not getting a chance to play for a title. I just don't think that chance should come under the current BCS system; there needs to be a playoff.

I also agree that you guys probably have a better D overall than Oregon does, but you haven't faced many great offenses either. I'll be curious to see how the Nevada game goes. I think your front 7 is good enough to play with anybody, but I'm still not 100% sold on the secondary now that Wilson is gone. I've seen 7 VT games in person this year and we've played some pretty bad secondaries (Wake and Duke) where our receivers were open all day. It wasn't that bad against Boise but we had a LOT of plays where guys had beat man coverage or were open,  especially compared to our games against UNC, GT, and NC State this year and what I'm used to seeing the past couple years. Tyrod had a decent day passing the ball but he missed a lot of open receivers and didn't have much time to throw or good throwing lanes because you guys abused us up front. I think if you guys were matched up with a team with a good OL and adept passing O your secondary would be somewhat vulnerable (I'd actually be interested to see what happens when your offense scrimmages your D).

I hate Boise State because they are constantly lumped in with TCU. We are two separate teams. Thats not Boises fault though. I also hate that Boise State has a gimmicky blue field. You really need to move past that. Other than that, I am ready for the potatoes to join the MWC so we can decide this on the field every year if TCU doesnt go to the Big East.

I respect your team, but I will never like them, and only want to see them succeed if it benefits TCU somehow.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Have you seen Oregon State's run D this year? I mean Wassu put up 2 bills on em. At least Cal is 10 in the nation in total defense.

Oregon's biggest game left is Zona and even that's in Autzen.

Oregon State also played tough games early in their season (TCU, Boise) and I truly think they're better than their record shows. Also, in a rivalry game, anything can happen. But we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom