Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

I love when these rumors get going in full force
laugh.gif

Now, according to a guy on TAMU's Rivals site, who talked to a Nebraska buddy:
Talked to my uncle who is on one of the booster boards. Martinez is supposedly still on the team, it was a rumor started by one of rhe grad assistants. However Bo & Carl Pelini may be suspended for the Colorado game and there is a rumor if that happens Bo may quit. Crazy!

Oregon picked up some more Texas talent this weekend, with Dallas Skyline LB Anthony Wallace committing. That came out of nowhere.

No, I just still can't figure out how there's a group of kids highly valued by other schools that stuck (say, Steve Filer, Harrison Smith, Deion Walker) on the roster that don't pan out when they hit campus.

For every Floyd or Teo there's 5 Filer's.

Really, it makes little to no sense to me. They can't miss evaluate THAT much when other schools are after the same kids. I just don't know what happens or doesn't happen when they hit South Bend.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who said amyone of these 2011 guys sucked?

Nako, that Dillon Baxter info has been posted and discussed.

yeah i didn't see that the article was posted.

my bad.

And I've never heard anyone say the notre dame recruits suck.

p.p.s. more info on what's going on with Martinez?  This is the 2nd time he's quit? huh??

Originally Posted by tmay407

I love when these rumors get going in full force
laugh.gif

Now, according to a guy on TAMU's Rivals site, who talked to a Nebraska buddy:
Talked to my uncle who is on one of the booster boards. Martinez is supposedly still on the team, it was a rumor started by one of rhe grad assistants. However Bo & Carl Pelini may be suspended for the Colorado game and there is a rumor if that happens Bo may quit. Crazy!

Damn, this @*!# is getting outa control.  If Taylor never really quit, then this @*!# has already been outa control.

There's a little slow mo youtube video of Carl hitting that camera last night. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

p.p.s. more info on what's going on with Martinez?  This is the 2nd time he's quit? huh??
After Martinez got hurt in the first half of the game last night, he went to the locker room to get some medical attention/get x-rays taken. Supposedly while he was in there, he made a call from his cell phone to his dad to let him know that he was alright. Pelini found out about it and got extremely pissed. Then tonight a rumor popped up on the Nebraska Rivals board about Martinez quitting the team tonight.

And according to some Nebraska fans, Martinez threatened to quit the team earlier in the year.

And a couple of posters on Nebraska's Rivals site said that Martinez was meeting with Pelini and Tom Osbourne tonight.

In my dealings Ive noticed that anyone who threatens to quit already has one foot out the door and is just looking for the smallest reason to break out

as soon as someone gives an ultimatum or threat to "quit" you let their *@+ walk away and never come back, no matter who they are. they will hold you hostage from that point on if you dont cut that off

Originally Posted by tmay407

Oregon picked up some more Texas talent this weekend, with Dallas Skyline LB Anthony Wallace committing. That came out of nowhere.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Martinez's HS coach came out and said that he spoke with Martinez, and Martinez said that everything is alright and he isn't quitting the team.

Martinez missed a team meeting tonight, and when coupled with Pelini's treatment of Martinez last night, some people took that he quit the team and ran with it.

Hopefully Nebraska stays as open with the Pelini Brothers situation as they have been so far. I'm really interested to hear the details of Bo's meeting with the school's President and Tom Osbourne this week.

I don't see why Bo yelling at Martinez on the sidelines is such a big deal. Brian Kelly does that same thing multiple times a game and it's rarely even constructive criticism if you read his lips
laugh.gif

Saban did the same thing to JPW when they played Miss. St.

Now personally I can't stand Brian Kelly and I don't like when coaches lose their temper on the sidelines unless it's justified, but I don't think what Bo did was that out of line. (He blew it by getting that penalty though).

Also I know he didn't want a player using his cell phone during a game but I think it's different for him to let his family know he's ok.

FWIW I'm pretty sure Josh Oglesby (4th string RB and sometimes FB that doesn't play that much) tweets during games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oregon gonna get burned sooner or later dealing with some of these Texas kids...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- University of Southern California athletic department officials knew of 1st Round Enterprises and its NFLPA-certified CEO prior to the Thursday incident where freshman tailback Dillon Baxter solicited a free golf cart ride from the company's cart onto USC's campus, USC officials confirmed Sunday.

Baxter was ruled ineligible Friday by USC, one day after he received the ride from 1st Round in what the school has determined to be a violation of NCAA rules concerning extra benefits. According to the school, USC vice president for athletic compliance David Roberts and senior associate athletic directors Mark Jackson and J.K. McKay met with the CEO and driver of the cart, Teague Egan, prior to Thursday and told him that a golf cart ride would be against NCAA rules.

"Approximately one week [before Baxter's golf cart ride], USC officials saw Egan in a golf cart on campus and met with him to inquire into his contacts with USC student-athletes," USC vice president for athletic compliance David Roberts told ESPNLosAngeles.com Sunday. "At that time, Egan was asked not to provide any transportation or other benefits to student-athletes."

Reached by phone Sunday evening, Egan refused to comment on the veracity of Roberts' statement but did say that the ride was his "mistake."

"I don't want to blow things over, so I want to talk to them again before I say anything," said Egan. "It's never too late to say something."

USC self-reported the infraction and also filed an official request with the NCAA for Baxter's reinstatement. As part of the request, USC put a nominal value on the golf cart ride that Baxter would have to repay, Roberts said.

"We're hoping that that this is going to be the end of it and the NCAA will understand that we acted proactively and quickly," Roberts said Saturday, speaking to reporters before USC's game against Oregon State at Reser Stadium. "Obviously we'll take further action in this coming week to make sure that there are no other contacts between these people and our players."

Egan, 22, is currently an undergraduate student at USC, according to official school records. His biography on the agency's website includes a claim that he has "befriended many athletes on the USC football team." 1st Round Enterprises is a student-run company that represents recording artists, promotes parties at local nightclubs in the Los Angeles area and lists itself as a provider of sports representation.

Egan and 1st Round are not believed to represent any professional athletes at this time. The agency's official site lists no clients, but Egan is registered as a contract advisor with the NFL Player's Association.

"As an contract advisor, I have never ever given a player money, anything of monetary value, or extra benefit not afforded to other students or my friends," Egan wrote in a statement to ESPNLosAngeles.com Saturday night. "We did not mean or intend to break any rules, and are truly sorry this instance got blown out of proportion."

Egan added: "To me, a golf cart ride wasn't an extra benefit, since I give 15-20 rides a day to all my friends to and from class. The question is would they consider riding on the handle bars of a bicycle against the rules? Say we all wanted to go to the movies together, would we have to take separate cars, and the player ride by himself? ... I wouldn't even buy a players ticket to that movie. But a ride?"

Egan also said he plans on "fully cooperating with USC on any issue they might have." The two parties met Sunday in what Egan termed a "productive meeting."

who said amyone of these 2011 guys sucked?

Nako, that Dillon Baxter info has been posted and discussed.

USC says they warned that "wanna be" Agent guy a week prior to him dropping off Baxter in the golf cart.

758969_o.gif

laugh.gif
yea I was #%+!%@ wit your late information havin' +#!... But nah, I wanted to bring it up so we could talk son. I tried to edit an add more but my iphone wouldnt let it post

what is USC supposed to do? He's a student so they can't ban him from campus. Should he be de-certified?

I heard Bo ripped out Martinez cuz Martinez got into it with some Aggie fans on his way to the locker room in the first quarter. Seemed like those fans in the folding chairs were right behind the Huskers sideline.

I wonder if this Notre Dame sex assault story is going to blow up or get swept under the rug again 
nerd.gif

[h1]
Plans for the University of Oregon’s expansion of the Len Casanova Center, as well as a new facility for the athletics department’s women’s soccer and lacrosse programs, were unveiled Sunday, with the state-of-the-art facilities designed to center around the creation of an operation center for football that will be unsurpassed in the country.

The expansion also will free space in existing facilities necessitated by the expansion of the Ducks’ athletics department since the original Casanova Center was completed in 1991.

The entire project will be privately funded through the philanthropy of Phil and Penny Knight and will include no use of public, state or general university fund dollars. Construction is expected to get underway during the winter of 2011, with the anticipated completion targeted for the summer of 2013.

At the center of the project will be a 130,000-square-foot expansion of the athletics department’s primary facility that houses the majority of department’s administrative and coaches offices, meeting rooms, training and medical treatment facilities, as well as locker rooms for four intercollegiate athletics programs.

“The University of Oregon and UO Athletics are so fortunate to benefit from the continued generosity and vision of Phil and Penny Knight,
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom