Google Voice: No more International SMS for you

So yeah they just out of the blue stopped allowing us to send SMS internationally. This better be short lived, this is one of the key reasons I bought a nexus one.

I have 3 invites but are useless because they do not have any 808 area codes.

op, explain... i thought we it couldn't sms international for free anyways...but can americans still sms canada?

I am not sure if we can text to Canada at the moment. While there was a lot of info put out about Google Voice not being able to send SMS internationally, but I can assure you that I have been using GV to send SMS to my girl in the Philippines all year. Hopefully more info on what they did to cut my access off, but whatever port I was using before damn sure isn't working now.

I am in Thailand, I can get this google voice on my phone here and text my girl back in the states your saying?! Someone break this down for me, please.

Is your google voice number state side? If so then it is like you are sending SMS back in the states. But if your GV number is Thai then there may be a conflict in my story.

If it is thai let me know I haven't been able to send messages to thailand via GV.

Also why do you have a girl in the states and are in Thailand, I am stunned? Viva Pattaya, viva Nana/Soy Cowboy
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom