GOP Rep Compares President Obama to a "Tar Baby"

Even if he was not even a bit racist... What non-racist person still uses the term "tar-baby"....

I told y'all the "white man" ain't !!**.......... And no that doesn't mean white people.

In modern usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact. The tar baby is a trap that should be avoided.

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

In modern usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact. The tar baby is a trap that should be avoided.

WHAT? I've never heard anyone call a white person a tar baby in the manner your suggesting? There's a 100 ways to call something a sticky situation and that ain't 1

not watching the video. there's probably more to this story. he was probably very disruptive or something. a lot of people use excuses when they're bad neighbors.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...on-t?page=1#.TjiJZmGtNdR

^^^Well after reading 'iwantakazoole's meaning of it, could Lamborn have not came up with any other word? I mean, based
on reading that quote, he knew full well what he was saying.

lol you always trollin....

and this is from an elected official
30t6p3b.gif
America never ceases to amaze me.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^Well after reading 'iwantakazoole's meaning of it, could Lamborn have not came up with any other word? I mean, based
on reading that quote, he knew full well what he was saying.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

disagreeing = trolling? i wasn't even saying that he wasn't being racist, i just copied that from the tar baby wikipedia page, so apparently someone's using it that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_baby

I stand corrected, didn't even know about that history of the word.

Never heard it used in that context before. I'm more familiar with this connotation:

tarbabyfe41b.jpg

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

disagreeing = trolling? i wasn't even saying that he wasn't being racist, i just copied that from the tar baby wikipedia page, so apparently someone's using it that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_baby
tumblr_lfvpq3j3t71qafrh6.gif

Dude was out of line. No matter how he ment it he should not have never used those words. He thought he was slick.

How do you not "even want to be associated" with the President of your nation though?

What kind of language and emotion is that coming from a Congressman?

Doesn't matter if he meant it in that way.... The fact that the President is black.. And "tar baby" has been widely used as a racial term, and most people associate it with a racist term... Should have been enough for the congressman to want to not use those words...

I.e. like Pat Buchannan who said in a recent argument about the debt ceiling "****skins".. He was I hope talking about racoons (his track record leaves a little to the imagination) but a little proof read from anyone could see how that would be of bad taste, even if it is obvious he is talking about racoons http://www.amconmag.com/b.../the-day-of-the-hobbits/

its just the world we live in, if it can be strung into a racist term, it can, and will have the meaning that the person might be using for the word ignored.

Back
Top Bottom