Got a question about old school hip hop. vol Real hip hop heads only

Couple questions i forgot. What was the group Jay z was with before reasonable doubt around the time he was with jaz o. Nas first orginal album was Live atthe bar b que correct dude swear it was illmatic. A group was suppose to be formed back when biggie was alive. It was suppose to be biggie and nas and Ithink Jay z. I think it was suppose to be similar to the firm. What was the name and group members, i know it was nas and biggie though. One more, I say hiphop was started when dude (I forgot his name to) made The revolution will be televised do you agree. Any body remember when Kay slay used to break dance realtalk. Couple more question i forgot soon to come.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised is by Gil Scott-Heron (Kanye's sampled him a few times for those that don't know). I wouldn't say it reallystarted hip-hop but I wouldn't be surprised if that album influenced Public Enemy a ton.

Originally Posted by he told on me

Couple questions i forgot. What was the group Jay z was with before reasonable doubt around the time he was with jaz o. Nas first orginal album was Live at the bar b que correct dude swear it was illmatic. A group was suppose to be formed back when biggie was alive. It was suppose to be biggie and nas and I think Jay z. I think it was suppose to be similar to the firm. What was the name and group members, i know it was nas and biggie though. One more, I say hip hop was started when dude (I forgot his name to) made The revolution will be televised do you agree. Any body remember when Kay slay used to break dance real talk. Couple more question i forgot soon to come.
The group jay was in is called original flavor. Nas first appearance on a song was live at the bar b que that wasnt an actual album. illmatic ishis first album. The supergroup that was to be formed was called the commision. It was to be Biggie, Jay-z, Charlie baltimore and somebody else, not nasthough.

Slay used to write, I don't know that he breakdanced.

The Jay/BIG/Baltimore group was the Commission. I don't think it was supposed to be anyone other than those three.

Gil-Scott Heron should be required listening for anyone, hip-hop heads or no.

I appreciate it though. As i try to school a lost generation on hip hop a lot of people think im crazy but im glad this will provide proof.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

kay slay used to break dance?
roll.gif
... fat +$$$% always talkin like he just so damn gangsta...
Slay was a graf head, a legend at that too. And a lot of the old break dancers in NYC would have popped your soft Cleveland %@@

And Live at the BBQ is by Main Source, a group which if you haven't peeped by now you need to. At least peep Breaking Atoms there first album.

Kay Slay was more than a dj back in the day. I read an article about him in "stress" magazine back in the day. He used to break dance, grafiti,dj and all that good stuff. He had some other name before kay slay. The article also talked about how he and 2 of his boys got jumped by 20 dudes. Dude wasreally in the street.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

kay slay used to break dance?
roll.gif
... fat +$$$% always talkin like he just so damn gangsta...
Slay was a graf head, a legend at that too. And a lot of the old break dancers in NYC would have popped your soft Cleveland %@@

And Live at the BBQ is by Main Source, a group which if you haven't peeped by now you need to. At least peep Breaking Atoms there first album.
QFT

laugh.gif
Dude talkin like Slay was always fat, on some fat $%+%$ spinning onhis head shh.

Live @ BBQ is a song not an album and it's not Nas' song
laugh.gif

As for when hip hop started is hard to say. You can trace its roots back to James Brown

Well the Nas/Jay-Z/Kay Slay questions been answered.

The Last Poets album by The Last Poets is IMO what really helped start what we call rap. It has roots that go back much further though. The credit mostly goesto Afrika Bambaataa, DJ Kool Herc (mainly), Grandmaster Flash, and many other less known DJ's in the South/West Bronx.

Back
Top Bottom