Got a ticket for moving in between subway cars, what can I do

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

You probably aren't going to be able to beat it. I mean they give tickets to people for putting their bags on empty seats even if the train is completely empty.

I came in here to say something similar to this. It was about 2am and I was headed home on the R. Not a single person in my car other than a homeless man sleeping across the seats a ways down from me. I'm tired so I have my back to the seats and one foot propped up on another seat in the row. Had my earbuds on so I couldn't hear anything, but the train was stopped for a minute (but at that time it's always crazy slow anyway). I look out and two cops are standing in the entrance to the car telling me to step out. I didn't do anything, so I don't move. They get more hostile raising their voices and @^%& so I just get out, train leaves and I'm pissed (because it'll take damn near an hour for another to come). These two pigs grab my ID, run it through, then write me up a citation for $25 for occupying more than one seat. Biggest load of bull$#^& I've ever seen in my life. 

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
messed up

You probably aren't going to be able to beat it. I mean they give tickets to people for putting their bags on empty seats even if the train is completely empty.

I came in here to say something similar to this. It was about 2am and I was headed home on the R. Not a single person in my car other than a homeless man sleeping across the seats a ways down from me. I'm tired so I have my back to the seats and one foot propped up on another seat in the row. Had my earbuds on so I couldn't hear anything, but the train was stopped for a minute (but at that time it's always crazy slow anyway). I look out and two cops are standing in the entrance to the car telling me to step out. I didn't do anything, so I don't move. They get more hostile raising their voices and @^%& so I just get out, train leaves and I'm pissed (because it'll take damn near an hour for another to come). These two pigs grab my ID, run it through, then write me up a citation for $25 for occupying more than one seat. Biggest load of bull$#^& I've ever seen in my life. 

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
messed up

eek.gif
This is illegal, every time I'm in NYC I see someone doing this.

They need start giving out tickets in the DMV. Last weekend some I saw some DC youngins where having a beat your feet contest jumping back and forth between cars 
smh.gif

eek.gif
This is illegal, every time I'm in NYC I see someone doing this.

They need start giving out tickets in the DMV. Last weekend some I saw some DC youngins where having a beat your feet contest jumping back and forth between cars 
smh.gif

what city do yall live in where you get tickets for stuff like this?

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

But seriously if they dont want us to walk in between cars why are they unlocked?
The doors between the cars are unlocked, providing escape in the event of an emergency. There is no guarantee that in any serious emergency, train personnel will be alive, uninjured or otherwise readily available to assist in evacuation. The doors between the cars are unlocked, so that there is, at the very least, a way for passengers to get from a dangerous or compromised car to a safe one -- and, if necessary, to get to the subway tracks and tunnels should this be required.

But seriously if they dont want us to walk in between cars why are they unlocked?
The doors between the cars are unlocked, providing escape in the event of an emergency. There is no guarantee that in any serious emergency, train personnel will be alive, uninjured or otherwise readily available to assist in evacuation. The doors between the cars are unlocked, so that there is, at the very least, a way for passengers to get from a dangerous or compromised car to a safe one -- and, if necessary, to get to the subway tracks and tunnels should this be required.

what city do yall live in where you get tickets for stuff like this?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

you can get a ticket for occupying more than 1 seat? what if youre just super fat?

laugh.gif
If that ever happened, that would make national news (not just local nyc news)

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

you can get a ticket for occupying more than 1 seat? what if youre just super fat?

laugh.gif
If that ever happened, that would make national news (not just local nyc news)

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Ok smartass If the probability of an emergency is the same for every train, then why are some locked and some unlocked? 

Ok smartass If the probability of an emergency is the same for every train, then why are some locked and some unlocked? 

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

So i was trying to rush home to watch the giants game so I thought I can speed up the process if I moved inbetween cars. 
Well I did that when the train stopped and the pigs pulled me over and gave me a ticket.

I am not about to pay $75 for BS.

My argument is the train wasnt moving, and if they dont want people walking in between cars they should locked it.

Any inputs?

Say you switched cars because somebody in the car you were occupying was yelling racist comments or acting in a drunken rage and that you didn't want to be in such a hostile atmosphere. That argument's worked before.

So i was trying to rush home to watch the giants game so I thought I can speed up the process if I moved inbetween cars. 
Well I did that when the train stopped and the pigs pulled me over and gave me a ticket.

I am not about to pay $75 for BS.

My argument is the train wasnt moving, and if they dont want people walking in between cars they should locked it.

Any inputs?

Say you switched cars because somebody in the car you were occupying was yelling racist comments or acting in a drunken rage and that you didn't want to be in such a hostile atmosphere. That argument's worked before.

eek.gif
didn't know they started being serious about this or the two seat thing ..... I don't get the whole riding in between cars thing, since technically you're not riding in between cars if you're moving from car to car .

On another note how do they enforce this on the new 2, 3 4 & 5 trains as well as the 6 (the sitting on two seats that is), like do they say you could only take up this many inches and pull out a measuring tape?

eek.gif
didn't know they started being serious about this or the two seat thing ..... I don't get the whole riding in between cars thing, since technically you're not riding in between cars if you're moving from car to car .

On another note how do they enforce this on the new 2, 3 4 & 5 trains as well as the 6 (the sitting on two seats that is), like do they say you could only take up this many inches and pull out a measuring tape?

On some lines, the doors between the cars are locked, preventing any escape in the event of an emergency. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority claims that these doors are locked to prevent passenger injuries or fatalities as a result of falling between subway cars. Yet such injuries or fatalities are extremely rare.Given this, it is time for the M.T.A. to unlock the doors between all cars on all lines.

On some lines, the doors between the cars are locked, preventing any escape in the event of an emergency. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority claims that these doors are locked to prevent passenger injuries or fatalities as a result of falling between subway cars. Yet such injuries or fatalities are extremely rare.Given this, it is time for the M.T.A. to unlock the doors between all cars on all lines.

Back
Top Bottom