got a traffic ticket, officer wrote down wrong license plate number = FREEBIE?

Im in California, and got a ticket for rolling a stop sign. I haven't had a ticket in the past 18 months, if that matters. I was looking at the ticket, andthe license plate number is written down incorrectly-he switched two of the digits. I have heard from others that if the officer makes a mistake on the ticket,then the ticket gets thrown out. Is this true, anyone who has experienced this? thanks for the help. EDIT: How do i clear the violation if the ticket isincorrect

Honestly, I'd go to court anyways if you had to. Who knows the ticket might get thrown out regardless if the cop was nice enough.

go to court they'll throw it out...the prosecution (officer/DA) has to have all their info and all that perfect of the judge throws it out, a mistake likethat is a freebie but you still got to go to court...

as long as they get yur information right yur gonna get charged. it dont matter whos car yur driving, you commited a moving violation

yur...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

as long as they get yur information right yur gonna get charged. it dont matter whos car yur driving, you commited a moving violation

man so you just didnt read the thread at all.

It's a freebie. I was at a party once where a noise complaint was reported, so police had to come check it out. They cleared the house and gave a ticket tothe residents, but the cop didn't sign it (or something like that) and told them to just take it to court and it'd be thrown out.

if the driver's license is right..then the violation is linked to you...therefore...no freebie. the car has nothing to do with it, it can be your mom'scar, your friend's, etc. if the address and DL number is right. you have to take the L

Moving Violation plain and simple, points on your license.

Car only matter with Parking Tickets. In NYC, mistakes pretty much can't happen anymore, they scan your registration, input the violation and its a wrap.

I feel bad for people I see double parked and waiting in their car for somebody and the traffic officer comes out of no where and scans with no warning.

by looking at your grammar, I can already tell you don't know too much about the technicalities of law.

i dunno about Cali but i live in CT. when cop makes mistake on ticket that +!@ gettin thrown up. thanks officer.

example. over the summer i gotta speedin ticket. dude didnt even put what speed i was doin...........

i said not guilty. im goody. i plead not guiltery 4 times got thrown out all 4 times. cops be on that BS.

^how does my grammer tell you how much of the legal system i know? i know more than you buddy. and hes gonna get charged wit the ticket.

and 650 i did read the thread, so what r u talking bout?

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

by looking at your grammar, I can already tell you don't know too much about the technicalities of law.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'm all for calling people out on their hilarious grammar, but you are reaching. i read that over a few times, trying to make sense of it and it justdidn't happen. dude doesn't understand the technicalities of law because of how he speaks?
laugh.gif
try again

^how does my grammer tell you how much of the legal system i know? i know more than you buddy. and hes gonna get charged wit the ticket.

and 650 i did read the thread, so what r u talking bout?

Grammar*

Nah man, I work at a place where we deal with people's tickets all the time. They got you, they still have all your info. be interesting if I'mprocessing it..

I almost lost my license in 2 states over a cop writing down the wrong info on a ticket. Dude spelled my name wrong and wrote down the wrong license number. Iwas unable to pay the ticket because all the info was screwed up and then it wouldnt clear the system from NY to Nj so they never knew it eventually got paid,it was real annoying

Basically just go to court and note it.

Then hope it gets thrown out.

If you don't go to court, it might come back to haunt you down the line.

I think it'll get thrown out though.

Same thing has happened to my pops more than once...they have all your other info so you have to go. Both time it was thrown out and on another ticket the cophad a family emergency or something like that so they didn't show and they threw that out as well

get it corrected. happened to me before. as long as they got your driver's license # correct, you are accountable. they wrote down the wrong license plateand also my address so i never received the ticket. until one day i got a notice from the DMV that my license was suspended cuz i failed to show up to court.went to court and they said you should of reviewed the ticket and notified the chp/police dept. to correct it. license got unsuspended but still had to paidthe ticket and traffic school.

ull get thrown out. I got a parking ticket and they didnt write down my plate # right. Its a state....possibly federal law that states that everything on theticket or charge must be 100% correct. I sent in a letter with a photo copy of my ticket saying the information is wrong and based on that i should not have tipay. So if you can do it over the phone gg, if not prepare it for when you do have to go to court, OR see if you can remedy the situation outside of court.

Back
Top Bottom