Got Got again. Have a question.

Joined Oct 28, 2007
Okay so I sold these Yeezys on ebay and the guy offered to pay with Money Order. So I receive the money order on Friday, wait for it to clear (clears same day)

and I shipped the shoes yesterday afternoon at about 5pm. This morning I check my bank account and see that I am very short. I see "IRX Transaction" -$XXX.XX. I go

to the bank and find out that the M.O was possibly counterfeit (it was a Bank of America MO and I deposited @ a BoA branch
). I call usps they tell me to sign a form

"Sender's Application for Recall of Mail" I fill it out, the lady @ the PO faxes it to the Washington DC PO and hopefully the package is returned. My question is, has USPS ever

retrieved a package for you?

Joined Sep 16, 2003
This is why I only accept USPS MO's, assuming its harder to counterfeit theirs but I dont know that to be a fact. I need to look into this actually.

Joined Oct 28, 2007
Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This is why I only accept USPS MO's, assuming its harder to counterfeit theirs but I dont know that to be a fact. I need to look into this actually.

Yeah, the MO looked legit. Even fooled the Bank of America teller

Joined Dec 23, 2006
Between fake money orders and buyers getting refunds through paypal (claiming stuff is fake when you send og), I think I'm only going to do cash pickups.

Joined Aug 10, 2009
Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Between fake money orders and buyers getting refunds through paypal (claiming stuff is fake when you send og), I think I'm only going to do cash pickups.

Hate meetups when dude flakes, or when they come 30 min after the time meetup is arranged

Joined Sep 29, 2004
With stuff like this, I usually cash right away.. Hope you get your kicks back.

homer

Banned
Joined Aug 5, 2007
Son is probably out there in dc in gaying it up in your shoes on public transit.

Joined Sep 4, 2007
yeah this Nigerian guy wanted me to end my sale and he said he'll buy them for 350 i almost fell for it till he said he wanted me to pay shipping it was like 80 buck i said *+%% that

Joined Dec 25, 2007
isnt that mail fraud for sending fraudulent things through the mail?

and shouldnt the teller have known if it was fake or not, especially if it was a bofa money order?

post dudes info.

Joined Sep 16, 2003
Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Money Order.
these still exist as far as in the selling community?

Sure they do, why wouldn't they? When I was a youngin' and didn't have a debit card Money Orders were a God sent.

Did some digging, found this on the USPS site:

[table][tr][td]Money Order Security Features[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Things to check for to ensure a Money Order is authentic. [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Postal Money Orders are safe to use because they have many securityfeatures that help distinguish between real and counterfeit notes. Justlike our own U.S. currency, they are specially designed with differentcolored inks, watermarks, and security thread in the paper.
  [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]How to tell if it’s official
[table][tr][td]Hold the money order up to the light and look for the following security features:

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]Ben Franklin images (watermarks) repeated on the left side (top to bottom).[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]A vertical, multicoloredthread that weaves in and out of the paper to the right of the Franklinwatermark. When held to the light, the thread appears continuous withalternating horizontal dark and light bars behind it, and the lettersUSPS repeating backward and forward throughout the thread.[/td][/tr][/table]
If either of these security features is not present when the moneyorder is held up to the light, you are holding a fraudulent PostalMoney Order. [/td] [/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Also be aware that
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]Denominations are indicated on two locations.[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Discoloration of the denomination amounts indicates erasure (fraudulent).[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Maximum value for domestic postal money orders is $1,000.[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Maximum value for international postal money orders is $700. (Maximum for Canadian money orders is $1,000)[/td][/tr][/table]
Notice 299 take-ones (highlighting money order security features) areavailable to order from the Topeka Materials and Distribution Center(1-800-273-1509). Or, you can download the Notice 299 (pdf) (htm) (October 2008).

To verify a postal money order, call the Money Order VerificationSystem at 1-866-459-7822. If you suspect fraud, call the U.S. PostalInspection Service at 1-877-876-2455 (select option 4). [/td] [/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Damn they got fake MOs now? Something similar happen to me once, dude canceled the money order after I cashed it at my bank and the bank took the funds out of my savings
Since then I just go to currency exchanges.

Joined Sep 16, 2003
I didn't even know it was possible to cancel one after its been cashed. That's just crazy..what type of Money Order was it?

billy hoyle

Banned
Joined Feb 1, 2010
this is your fault, you can cash the money order same day but you usually need to wait 10 days to see if its fake or not. then ship.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now