Got Lebrons with hideous color-pattern, is repainting the shank possible?

Hi there, I've seen quite a few tutorials about sneaker-customizing and prior to trying it out myself I'd like to get some advices from you guys beforehand.

So, I got these Lebrons a while ago and I pretty much like the shape and fit but the color bothers me.

So far I've replaced the neon-green laces with black ones, changed the color of the pull tabs from pink to black and got rid of the bigass Nike-Swoosh that was glued onto the mesh.

What I want to do now is to recolor the shank from silver to plain black. Just the silver part, nothing else. Most Tutorials recommend Angelus for customizing sneakers but the part I want to deal with isn't leather but rather plastic or some kind of rigid rubber.

With zero experience in the subject, I'd actually recommend taping off the rest of the shoe with newspaper and spray-painting it with some kind of Krylon. Just apply it lightly so it doesn't drip, and do a couple of coats.

1.remove paint if possible 2. Tape off areas around what you're working on 3. Apply adhesion promoter 4. Paint preferred color 5. Add a finisher to complete the process

Back
Top Bottom