Got scammed in a trade

So I got scammed in an online trade. Dude sent me old busted used shoes I sent him VNDS TB3s. I had dealt w/him before in a sale so i had no reason to doubt him but in the end I'm screwed. He's in delaware but not sure if he's on NT. Here's his 411 if you know him:

Bryant McCray 32 

<address removed>

Here's what he sent me:

dfd9fceab82711e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

This wasn't an NT trade but just a warning to anyone in the DE area

Last edited by a moderator:
Not patronizing, genuinely interested. but how does this trade thing work exactly?  Two complete strangers trust each other to send what they claim they will send?  Are there no safeguards?

Originally Posted by Phen0m

Not patronizing, genuinely interested. but how does this trade thing work exactly?  Two complete strangers trust each other to send what they claim they will send?  Are there no safeguards?
Always wondered that also. I know you can give them tracking, but you still don't really know what they sent.

That sucks, but at least he sent you some shoes, I know some people that got magazines

no point in doing online trades

if the trade isn't person to person or the other side ships first it's not worth it

Did you at least contact him before posting this? You said yall done business before?

Originally Posted by Ballahb

That sucks, but at least he sent you some shoes, I know some people that got magazines

.....Or worse

jordanscam.jpg

some damm cookies.

Hope you get your shoes back op.

Oh snap sorry guys for late response. They might look clean in that pic but they're dirty as hell and hella worn. Box doesn't even match to what these were and the box was more beat up.

Unfortunately I set it up via youtube. I had previously bought shoes from this guy w/no prob. Used paypal he sent me an invoice. This trade was my TB3s for some Cav IVs. We had been texting for about a week, he sent me pics of the shoes he was supposed to send. Since the Hornet Lebron sale had went smoothly I didn't think anything of trading w/him. He really pressed me to trade cuz he wanted the TB3s and since I had another pair I was like Cav IVs would be a good addition. So since I was in CA I waited for him to send first and send me tracking then I would send later in the afternoon. So after a week of waiting I come home to this beat up finishline outer box, bottom wasn't even taped up and these old dirty shoes in there. At first I was gonna blame the post office, but the Finishline box couldn't have even held the 4 box. Yes I tried contacting him but surprise, surprise phone is disconnected. It's shame on me no doubt but I'm just blasting this dirtbag on the net.

Funny thing is I really didn't want to trade but he kept pressing. Shoulda red flagged it but I trusted that I'd get the Cav IVs. In any case I'm over it. Gotta stay positive. Glad the shoes I sent werent DS and that I got another pair on ice but still I'm out those TB3s. I did however dispute the PayPal transaction we did for the hornets so hopefully I'll get that money back as a consolation.

Back
Top Bottom