GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Nice man good luck! I just got accepted to university of Illinois for online masters in accounting program, I start in may 🥶
Good luck to you too homie!

i believe its Illinois that has started the trend of a cheaper and competitive online MBA program too. I have heard a lot of good things about their business programs in general.

Lets kill these masters programs!!

Congrats on the acceptance letters and keep grinding to those already in! I’ll be done with my MBA in 2022.

No real end goal other than to make myself more marketable. Interested in becoming an independent consultant or starting a small firm with a couple former colleagues.

Good luck to you too homie!

i believe its Illinois that has started the trend of a cheaper and competitive online MBA program too. I have heard a lot of good things about their business programs in general.

Lets kill these masters programs!!
Yes sir, program is only like 22k and no gmat but they seem to have a really good faculty and program despite the low cost. We are going to handle business for sure 💪

Yes sir, program is only like 22k and no gmat but they seem to have a really good faculty and program despite the low cost. We are going to handle business for sure 💪
My boy went there for business school (no longer exists I believe) Very strong school, and I'm sure accounting is the same. Public School FTW Congrats again

My boy went there for business school (no longer exists I believe) Very strong school, and I'm sure accounting is the same. Public School FTW Congrats again
Oh yeah I was reading that the in person doesn’t exist anymore, it’s 100% online. Well that’s good to hear thanks brotha

Looking into starting an online mba in the spring. Thinking about stretching it out over 3-4 years (closer to 3). Can anyone that did one of these comment on the total hours per week you spent per class? Trying to figure out if it’s reasonable with two young kids and my full time job.

Looking into starting an online mba in the spring. Thinking about stretching it out over 3-4 years (closer to 3). Can anyone that did one of these comment on the total hours per week you spent per class? Trying to figure out if it’s reasonable with two young kids and my full time job.
My cohort has a few parents in it. One dude has 6 kids and still hanging in there.

With class, reading, and homework its maybe 10 hours per week on average. I have no kids but work full time. It’s manageable so far. 2.5 year program and about halfway done.

Depends how ready your S/O is to do “everything.” I banged mine out in about 2.5 years going during the summer semesters. Did about 3-9 hours in-class, depending on the semester and did all the other on-line stuff whenever I had free time during the day.

I had 3 under 3 the entire time and my wife was pregnant with our fourth during my last two semesters. So I’d say it’s reasonable to finish in 3 years with kids and a career.

My cohort has a few parents in it. One dude has 6 kids and still hanging in there.

With class, reading, and homework its maybe 10 hours per week on average. I have no kids but work full time. It’s manageable so far. 2.5 year program and about halfway done.
That’s reasonable. I can manage 10-15 hours.

Depends how ready your S/O is to do “everything.” I banged mine out in about 2.5 years going during the summer semesters. Did about 3-9 hours in-class, depending on the semester and did all the other on-line stuff whenever I had free time during the day.

I had 3 under 3 the entire time and my wife was pregnant with our fourth during my last two semesters. So I’d say it’s reasonable to finish in 3 years with kids and a career.
My wife already does everything. :lol:. I’m thinking 2-3 nights/week for 3 hours or so after the kids are down, and then 4-6 hours on weekend. I can also get stuff done during my workday if needed which is helpful. My manager and org in general is very supportive. Only thing I have to think about is that they have me locked in while I’m in school (+ 3 years). So no job moving, but don’t think I’d move on but you never know what can happen.

My wife already does everything. :lol:. I’m thinking 2-3 nights/week for 3 hours or so after the kids are down, and then 4-6 hours on weekend. I can also get stuff done during my workday if needed which is helpful. My manager and org in general is very supportive. Only thing I have to think about is that they have me locked in while I’m in school (+ 3 years). So no job moving, but don’t think I’d move on but you never know what can happen.

Yeah, that’s pretty much how it went for me. Class for 2-3 hours Tues & Thurs and then 8-12pm on Sat. And since my company paid for my degrees, I was to stay with them for at least a calendar year after their last tuition reimbursement which was totally fine for me.

I love my career so it was nothing but yeah, you definitely have to be committed to the area before getting started if you have a good situation with your job like that. Good luck, bro. You’ll be done with this before you know it.

Only thing I have to think about is that they have me locked in while I’m in school (+ 3 years). So no job moving, but don’t think I’d move on but you never know what can happen.
Do not think like that. If you receive interest from another company use your current tuition reimbursement obligation as a bargaining chip. Either in the form of a signing bonus or extra salary. I have to payback any reimbursement received within the past year if I leave within a year of the last disbursement. They'd be crazy to think I won't gauge my market value once I get this degree.

Another consideration if you are still looking at programs is the curriculum. I really like my program because it's delivered one class at a time. Each class is 8 weeks. First and last meeting is on a Saturday with lectures once a week in the evenings on a weekday for 2-3 hours. Only downside is you are in class year round with no breaks aside from winter break (2-3 weeks).

What does this do for you from a career perspective?

Y’all realize when a company pays for grad school you can still use that leverage, right?

I’ve heard of spots paying and giving $100k sign-on and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

What does this do for you from a career perspective?
Help improve leadership and management skills, also help me break into upper management. Not required but definitely a plus. I have a background in math/statistics, so I’m kind of lacking in the management/leadership educational background.

Help improve leadership and management skills, also help me break into upper management. Not required but definitely a plus. I have a background in math/statistics, so I’m kind of lacking in the management/leadership educational background.

Yeah so an Exec MBA is really what you want

Finishing up my first semester today, just accepted a job in supply chain with my current company (asset scheduler @ dupont). Lots of room for growth now…

I'm starting my M.Sc. in Experimental Psychology in September. I just moved to my new city on August 11, and I'm slowly getting settled in. I'm mainly concerned with being able to keep up with the course work, as I finished my undergrad in April of 2020.

I'm thinking about getting an MBA but it has to be online and I don't wanna pay for it. Are there any schools I should be looking into that are known for giving out scholarships. I know it's asking for a lot but I just want to know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom