GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

I'm probably gonna make it sound way easier than it actually is, but if you want graduate school paid for, it's actually pretty simple.

Make connections during your undergraduate career, like if you were looking for a job.

Of course, this only applies if youre getting your Master's at the same school you got your Bachelor's, but I was involved in a bunch of stuff during undergrad, and got to know a lot of faculty and admins. Worked in the Freshman Center, but was an Orientation Leader. Sure enough, the reputation and connections I built during my time as an OL helped land my Grad Assistantship with the Student Life Office. Grad tuition = paid in full.

I'm probably gonna make it sound way easier than it actually is, but if you want graduate school paid for, it's actually pretty simple.
Make connections during your undergraduate career, like if you were looking for a job.
Of course, this only applies if youre getting your Master's at the same school you got your Bachelor's, but I was involved in a bunch of stuff during undergrad, and got to know a lot of faculty and admins. Worked in the Freshman Center, but was an Orientation Leader. Sure enough, the reputation and connections I built during my time as an OL helped land my Grad Assistantship with the Student Life Office. Grad tuition = paid in full.
L #1: transferred to different scools (was playing ball and lookin for the right situation

L #2: not social in undergrad. main lady was over bearing and controlling. :smh:

L #3: go to school in a different part of the state from where i got my undergrad, north texas from south texas

L#4: straight crap undergrad gpa...

i'm jelly... :lol: :lol:

If your grades are good enough, many schools will offer to fund your graduate tuition (and in turn, research).

The most I was offered during the application process was ~$15,000. I didn't even bother applying for scholarships after that.

Last edited:
how in da hell do people get all this stuff paid for?
just applied for 50 schollys... smh...
i want my school paid for, yo...
:smh: :smh:

Well Im in a program that paid mostly for my undergrad. The head of the program heard I was interested in going grad so she offered me that graduate assistantship after I did their website, which pays for your tuition as I work for them too.

There are many ways you can get scholarships and sponsorships, especially at Syracuse. Im sure its no different than other institutions but im doing my undergrad there so I know plenty of faculty which is different than applying to another school you never have stepped foot on.

I know getting financial aid is difficult for grad school but I feel the best route to go is finding scholarships, as many as you can.

can i get a scholarship while i go to commnuity college.

Private schools generally have more scholarships. Unless you're in the Honors program at your school, I don;t think many public schools offer scholarships. You can always apply to scholarships outside of school but you have to find that on your own and almost all require essays and what not.

does Zicklin have a good reputation in NYC? That's where I could see myself going If i decide to go back to school for an MBA.

Gotta put the work in at the undergraduate level though...3.5 or higher bodes well for scholarships and just overall connections.

It is a good school overall. I mean you have to look on a program by program basis compared to other schools. Because a finance MBA is great at Fordham doesn't mean the rest of their MBAs are that great for example. So you have to do your research.

I ended up deciding on my grad school based on the connections my school has with the big employers.

Gotta put the work in at the undergraduate level though...3.5 or higher bodes well for scholarships and just overall connections.

While I agree this is not always the case. For an MBA if you can score great on the GMAT and have great essays and letters of recommendation from your employer and supervisors you can overcome a bad GPA. I had more than enough friends pull it off and get in Columbia's business school and are getting their MBAs there now and were pushing a 2.5. Granted they just slacked in school and were much smarter than their actual grades.

GPA is only a number if you can show the admissions committee that you can cut it with the rest of the students as well as you are hard working. Hey there are more than enough college screw ups from undergrad that are more than just successful.

I'm still aways off from graduate school but Monday i'm starting classes again for the first time in almost 3 years (took a couple years off as a Mormon missionary) but i transferred from a community college to BYU. To be honest i'm a bit sketched cuz i know the expectation level is higher, more competitive, etc.

Any advice? Has anyone else gone the CC route and went on to a university? I never got my AA but alot of my credits transferred.

If your grades are good enough, many schools will offer to fund your graduate tuition (and in turn, research).
The most I was offered during the application process was ~$15,000. I didn't even bother applying for scholarships after that.
well, i'm hoping i get something along those lines...

4.0 so far... and according to cats that were ahead of me, i took one of the hardest classes already...

i'm hoping to maintain and get some dope schollys...

i've heard stories of cats just straight getting PAID of schollys. when i was hooping, there was a dude that was on a partial scholarship... but son was bringing in 5k refund checks... no loans...

he was smart and used to say "keep ya grades up and get scholarships, famb"...

Went to FAMU for OT. Grad School was hard but it was worth it. Studying for boards now. Test is something else. Pray for ya boy.

Last edited:
Wow this is pretty crazy. Me and my friends sound just like everyone on this thread except its all at a high school level.

just got back into town yesterday and caught up with all my classmates. so ready for classes to start monday, i love being here.

jordans don't even sell out at the mall. grabbed the 1s today at 11am. they only sold 3 pairs when i walked in and opened at 8.

Dumb question but they allow you to use TI-89 calculator during GMAT test? reason I ask because we use ot put in so much work in college if you know what I mean using those lol

Dumb question but they allow you to use TI-89 calculator during GMAT test? reason I ask because we use ot put in so much work in college if you know what I mean using those lol

They let you use calculators in undergrad? I know calculators aren't allowed in the GRE. None of my classes allowed calculators. Electrical engineering major btw

Highly doubt you'll be able to bring in your own calculator. HERE'S A HINT, DONT RELY ON CHEATING!

So many scholarships ... especially for a minority like myself. I turned down a full ride from 1 school for my MBA and am getting 32,500 from my current school.

And IB is by far, the most competitive, difficult, and stressful recruiting process I can imagine. If anyone has a hookup, please let me know. I am at a top 10 school and am in superweek right now. The little hair I came into school with is GONE like Kris Humphries ex. (bad joke, i know)

So many scholarships ... especially for a minority like myself. I turned down a full ride from 1 school for my MBA and am getting 32,500 from my current school.

And IB is by far, the most competitive, difficult, and stressful recruiting process I can imagine. If anyone has a hookup, please let me know. I am at a top 10 school and am in superweek right now. The little hair I came into school with is GONE like Kris Humphries ex. (bad joke, i know)
why dont you try to get into a small boutique...

PM me brah... dont wanna ask for info all in do open and what not...

just looked on the general scholarship screen at our school..

i've applied for 42 already... :lol:

might not get any, but fuggit... i'm in it for da monies.

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom