GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

That post grad struggle....
sick.gif

Hoping I can land something solid before I finish....

It's looking bleak...

Have you tried any leadership development programs?
No, I havent been i'll look into them....what are you studying

Anyone doing a grad program for Information Systems or a related field? What was your experience like?

Graduated from undergrad this past December, been working fulltime for a little over a month, but already getting bored lol. Gonna try to stick it out for 1-2 years. Was going to try looking into other companies, but thought about school as well.

I grad may 11 with a CIS degree and a low GPA (3.1 not low but not OMG, but GPA means nothing in IT which is why I didn't care about my non IT Classes)

I work as a BA currently almost going on a year. Prior I worked 2 years in Wireless sales, yr before sold computers at best buy, and yr before that interned at my schools IT department for a year so I guess I technically have a few years of IT experience.

I'm currently applying to Kennesaw state dual MBA/masters in info sys program and debating on applying to UGA. UGA cost 51k compared to 23k at KSU for 2 degrees and their part time program is ranked higher not that that's important since neither are top 10 schools. My job pays 4k a year so KSU would be dirt cheap but UGA has better name recognition and alumni base but KSU is strong in Atlanta and I don't plan on leaving. Currently studyig a little for GMAT but I have a 4 Saturday GMAT prep course I'm enrolled in that starts next month.

Question:

How soon after getting your bachelors degree did most of you start grad school? I am graduating with my B.A. in December, and was wondering what is the earliest I would be able to start grad school. Would the Spring 2014 be realistic to consider? 

Any info, advice, or personal experiences would be appreciated. 

Question:

How soon after getting your bachelors degree did most of you start grad school? I am graduating with my B.A. in December, and was wondering what is the earliest I would be able to start grad school. Would the Spring 2014 be realistic to consider? 

Depends on the program.. Some grad programs only accept in the spring semester (you would then start that fall).. If you know where you're applying talk to one of the secretaries in the department...

I graduated last May, and started that summer (my program requires us to take summer courses)

If you want to start spring and the program you want accepts fall applicants to start in the spring, there's probably some deadlines that are right at the beginning of the fall semester..

I'd look online, and call to find out everything you can now...

Last edited:
Anyone doing a grad program for Information Systems or a related field? What was your experience like?

Graduated from undergrad this past December, been working fulltime for a little over a month, but already getting bored lol. Gonna try to stick it out for 1-2 years. Was going to try looking into other companies, but thought about school as well.

I grad may 11 with a CIS degree and a low GPA (3.1 not low but not OMG, but GPA means nothing in IT which is why I didn't care about my non IT Classes)

I work as a BA currently almost going on a year. Prior I worked 2 years in Wireless sales, yr before sold computers at best buy, and yr before that interned at my schools IT department for a year so I guess I technically have a few years of IT experience.

I'm currently applying to Kennesaw state dual MBA/masters in info sys program and debating on applying to UGA. UGA cost 51k compared to 23k at KSU for 2 degrees and their part time program is ranked higher not that that's important since neither are top 10 schools. My job pays 4k a year so KSU would be dirt cheap but UGA has better name recognition and alumni base but KSU is strong in Atlanta and I don't plan on leaving. Currently studyig a little for GMAT but I have a 4 Saturday GMAT prep course I'm enrolled in that starts next month.
Just looked up the school and first thing I saw was "Kennesaw state professor charged with child molestation".:x

UMD is ranked in the top 10 for MIS degrees and is only about 20 minutes from me, but I actually want to go out of state. The company I work for now helps pay for some of the cost , about 6000 a year, but then I'd be obligated to work for them for an additional amount of time. I really don't want to stay that long at the company. I know a lot of company's have graduate level IT/IS Rotational/Leadership programs that I would want to do and then apply from there.

Have to take a final history course to go with student teaching..

Will end up taking a class that's 300 pages of reading a week because History classes in college will likely sucks in grad school.... :smh:

Question:

i think its already been answered, but i'll add...

the more prestigious the school, the earlier you need to look.start looking now....

most schools, for spring 14, prolly need to have your stuff by august 1st...

what are your plans after the gmat? school, degree etc...

my advice is to stay calm... that john is nerve racking...

do that and you'll be BUTTER

:pimp:

dual degree MBA/ Masters Sci Info Sys at Kennesaw State after that looking into management/director positions in my company or elsewhere because naturally by then I could at least be a Senior Analyst.

I looked at the stuff you sent me a long time ago didnt get through it all because I cant study for stuff like that cold turkey which is why I signed up for a class because I learn better with a little direction.

Awesome, didn't even know this thread existed! I'm currently working towards my second masters in Educational Leadership, received my first MA in Social Studies Education.

For those looking into a future in education, teaching, counseling, etc. please don't hesitate to reach out.

Last edited:
1st year resident here.

Don't hesitate to reach out about med school or applying to residency.

I was average in undergrad but did very well in med school and matched to a competitive residency spot

Just found out I got into USC today. They took really long to let me know about my admission status. USC, along with Columbia, have really frustrated me. I'm still waiting on Columbia. They're taking too long. That's my number 1 choice.

Exciting times tho.

1st year resident here.

Don't hesitate to reach out about med school or applying to residency.

I was average in undergrad but did very well in med school and matched to a competitive residency spot

Incoming 1st year pharmacy resident here.

I was also average in undergrad, and during pharm school as well but able to match to a program.

Does CFA count? So sick of people calling it CPA and then have to go into a 10 min conversation about what it is. I'm also looking to go to go for MBA internationally either in Spain at IE or in China at CEIBS. I heard some schools afe starting to waive GMAT for CFA ... IE being one of them. Man studying for CFA makes people go crazy.

295 hours away from finishing my program. The place where I am placed for clinical looking like they're gonna hire me. Feels good :D

Last edited:
Does CFA count? So sick of people calling it CPA and then have to go into a 10 min conversation about what it is. I'm also looking to go to go for MBA internationally either in Spain at IE or in China at CEIBS. I heard some schools afe starting to waive GMAT for CFA ... IE being one of them. Man studying for CFA makes people go crazy.
there's so many different assumptions about the cfa ...

I'm personally not going for it because I want to go into investment banking and private equity ...

But it has its place.

I just got an email from groupon about some gre study material for $25 should I hop on that or just go through the official website only?

there's so many different assumptions about the cfa ...

I'm personally not going for it because I want to go into investment banking and private equity ...

But it has its place.

Yeah... I heard a lot of different opinions about it too.. pros and cons, but I figured if I can get through this everything else I would have to study would be easier. Its ironic that u say that ur going to IB and pe, the next chapter is on private valuatiins and the book after this is on private equity mainly vc's and lbo's though.

Back
Top Bottom