GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

how did you guys prepare for the gmat? what books/courses/resources did ya use? currently studying for gmat myself trying to get a score in the 650-700 range to get into a good school for a MSA program just for the the resources and connections.

Doing a full time (6 credits/semester) MBA program and working 40 hours a week. I started in January of this year and my 3rd semester ends in two weeks with the 4th starting right after. This is because each semester is compressed into intensive 7 week blocks.

After I get my MBA credits I can't graduate until I complete a 10 week full time coding bootcamp for my last 9 credits.

The goal is a leadership position in either the field of technology or media; I'm not picky and will be equipped for both.

I'm tired as fuh every day and have no time for friends or girls

Will be worth it in the end tho

Keep at it y'all :smokin

Last edited:
Doing a full time (6 credits/semester) MBA program and working 40 hours a week. I started in January of this year and my 3rd semester ends in two weeks with the 4th starting right after. This is because each semester is compressed into intensive 7 week blocks.

After I get my MBA credits I can't graduate until I complete a 10 week full time coding bootcamp for my last 9 credits.

The goal is a leadership position in either the field of technology or media; I'm not picky and will be equipped for both.

I'm tired as fuh every day and have no time for friends or girls

Will be worth it in the end tho

Keep at it y'all :smokin

I was in the exact same situation. Worked 40 hrs plus overtime and full time grad student for my mba. Had very little time for extras. Graduated in May 2015. That feeling of relief :lol:. Sometime later I ended up getting a dope job that I really like. Just keep your focus straight and you'll be good.

Last edited:
No Haas, Kellogg or Sloan?

Had lunch with 2 HBS people today, what are you trying to do?

Sloan is too techie

Kellogg is too marketing / consultant focused (although they have a great presence in the Chicago private equity market),

Haas isn't a large enough brand name in the Souf, which is where I'm ultimately looking to end up. I'm also an adjunct professor, so the bigger the brand name, the easier it will be for me to find gigs and get paid more. There are a few firms out in San Fran / LA that I've been eyeing... And they do have a few Haas / UCLA MBAers on the team, so you never know...

I'm a finance guy. Got my MS a few years back. H/S allow you to do whatever you want and is heard around the world. Wharton and Booth both have a finance presence that is on par with H/S. Columbia is big in NYC, which is the finance capital of the world.

I work at a special situations investment shop... We're essentially a hedge fund in a private equity structure. I want to stay in the space. It's super interesting b/c I get to do straight up PE deals, straight up credit fund deals, venture capital, publicly traded stocks and bonds, etc...

Special Sits / Opportunistic strategy funds are just out here to get that paper, and that's what I'm going for. :pimp: :pimp:

handullz handullz

Dam, that is some dedication. I wish I had that drive early when I started undergrad. Just went for what's in my reach. I don't think I know anyone that's doing those schools. Even before getting into MBA, I only knew 2 people doing it and it was online programs. Looking forward to hearing your progress, good luck!

What are you guys doing about scholarships? I got a partial but grad school costs are :x

I've been applying to ones on fastweb.

Last edited:
So what did y'all do for money lol? Just take out loans?
I taught courses. At Michigan Graduate Students ( Both PHD and Masters) would teach the undergraduate courses as student instructors. Process was highly competitive but if you were selected the school paid your tuition for the semester, gave you free health insurance, and paid you around $22 an hour to teach the course. Usually had to work between 12-20 hours. But considering the benefits it was worth it imo. Saved me on the debt front. 

getting ready to take the LSAT next spring. 40 hour work week but I figured it will be manageable to prepare. Hopefully I get accepted somewhere here in LA -Loyola ideally- so I stay closer to work so they reimburse me.

I escaped!! Successful PhD defense last week Wednesday and accepted a job offer for professor position at the same school I got my undergrad in Alabama. 5000 pounds of weight off my shoulders as soon as they told me I passed. You all can do it!

Excellence!

getting ready to take the LSAT next spring. 40 hour work week but I figured it will be manageable to prepare. Hopefully I get accepted somewhere here in LA -Loyola ideally- so I stay closer to work so they reimburse me.

You got it b

I escaped!! Successful PhD defense last week Wednesday and accepted a job offer for professor position at the same school I got my undergrad in Alabama. 5000 pounds of weight off my shoulders as soon as they told me I passed. You all can do it!

Congrats, my man! My thesis defense is in October. Then I have to do my clinical rotations to finish up the last 2 years of my MD/PhD program. I'll see you on the other side.

Congrats fam, keep on grinding!

Finished 2 quarters of business school, used my summer break time to go on a vacation before fall quarter starts. I needed this, and I'm ready to go tackle this thang once again

Congrats DOCTOR! I've got my first flyout interview next week, so I'll be joining you on the other side soon.

Back
Top Bottom