Gran Torino Appreciation

I fell asleep somewhere an hour after the movie began.

The asian chick, I forgot her name, was pulling all of these corny jokes, and the whole "Wally" thing was lame. I get the whole point about peoplenot being respectful, but that Thoa or Toad was a terrible actor.

Clint Eastwood in it made it a B- movie for me. If they had better actors, it'd definitely be an A movie though. Eastwood was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Just got finished watching it. Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen and I went into it with mixed expectations. Kinda reminded me of Crash.
Thoughts?
best movie you've ever seen.. come on man.. the acting was terrible.. but it was very entertaining i will say.. all the racism was hilarious..zipperheads, ****s hahahaha clint had me
roll.gif
roll.gif

That Asian kid needs to shave his mustache. I feel like splashing Nair on his face every time I see him on screen. And yes , the Asian actors sucked big time.

the asian actors werent thaaaaaat bad, I mean really, theyre supposed to be immigrants, their english isnt fluid anyway

the movie was great, but I usually disagree with the gen population, so this just further proves that

Movie was pretty bad yeah.
laugh.gif
the actors were regular folks picked offthe street to make it authentic. the hmong gang were based on this gang.

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Just got finished watching it. Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen and I went into it with mixed expectations. Kinda reminded me of Crash.
Thoughts?
best movie you've ever seen.. come on man.. the acting was terrible.. but it was very entertaining i will say.. all the racism was hilarious.. zipperheads, ****s hahahaha clint had me
roll.gif
roll.gif

haha alright i was a lil overboard with my review after just watching the movie...but it was definitely a very enjoyable movie with a good moral to it and IMOone of the top of the year.

it was one of the worst movies ive ever seen(no joke)..halfway through i was like am i watching a hmong cultural videeo(something i really dont wannawatch)....actually fell asleep too..really bad movie espicially with all the hype

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Movie was so bad I feel the need to assert my opinion twice.
laugh.gif

grin.gif
what was SO bad about it?

A better question is what was so good about it that it trumps the terrible acting.

And people talk about the Asian family like they were the only piss poor actors. Nah, every single character except for Eastwood was TERRIBLE. His son anddaughter and law, the !@!##$ on the corner in that one stare down scene, everybody. All the worst acting I've ever seen in a feature film. Aside fromthat, the blatant racism/Eastwood kinda got old too.

But the above ruined the movie. The plot and themes were pretty good, the movie could have been something but it was trash, all do to the %$$%#% acting.

If they really casted all regular Joe's off the street in an attempt to generate authenticity that's the sinle biggest fail I've ever seen.

But I'm done here, I represent probably about 1% of the people who saw the movie, hell NT loves it.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

Gran Torino > Slumdog/Wrestler/BB

I wouldnt say GT was bad, but IMO, it was not better than those 3 movies.

Only one that I could believe was better is BB. JMO though......

I agree the acting of a select few was subpar, but ehhh. What constitutes good acting now adays?...I mean half of the actors in hollywood that are considered"good" know they are good and it shows in their "good" acting that they are the isss.....I thought Gran torino tackled a relevant themewhile also using several subliminal words to parlay the overall goal. It flowed better than any film this year, and the acting was NOT as bas as people claim.Everyone can have there opionion though
laugh.gif
I am just stating mine.

Originally Posted by 18key

I wouldnt say GT was bad, but IMO, it was not better than those 3 movies.

Only one that I could believe was better is BB. JMO though......

I agree the acting of a select few was subpar, but ehhh. What constitutes good acting now adays?...I mean half of the actors in hollywood that are considered "good" know they are good and it shows in their "good" acting that they are the isss.....I thought Gran torino tackled a relevant theme while also using several subliminal words to parlay the overall goal. It flowed better than any film this year, and the acting was NOT as bas as people claim. Everyone can have there opionion though
laugh.gif
I am just stating mine.
Man that movie was one of the most predictable movies I have seen in a LONG time

I sincerely hope you are just looking for attention

and I didn't even love slumdog like that. that's just a "wow" statement.

Movie was so bad I feel the need to assert my opinion twice.
laugh.gif

grin.gif
what was SO bad about it?

A better question is what was so good about it that it trumps the terrible acting.

And people talk about the Asian family like they were the only piss poor actors. Nah, every single character except for Eastwood was TERRIBLE. His son and daughter and law, the !@!##$ on the corner in that one stare down scene, everybody. All the worst acting I've ever seen in a feature film. Aside from that, the blatant racism/Eastwood kinda got old too.

But the above ruined the movie. The plot and themes were pretty good, the movie could have been something but it was trash, all do to the %$$%#% acting.

If they really casted all regular Joe's off the street in an attempt to generate authenticity that's the sinle biggest fail I've ever seen.

But I'm done here, I represent probably about 1% of the people who saw the movie, hell NT loves it.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

QFT

I would have preferred a slightly wider scope in it. The overall message was good, but I just felt like it was cramped in terms of scenery and characters.

Back
Top Bottom