Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

^ Wait, you can only use a paint once? I can't color ALL my cars, say, Historic Orange?

^ Wait, you can only use a paint once? I can't color ALL my cars, say, Historic Orange?

From what I've been reading, there is no way to duplicate paint chips unless you got the paint chip because it was the color of a car you bought/won.

If you buy the Lexus LF-A in Matte Black, and gift that car to a friend, they will get the car + the paint chip. They can then send you the chip back and the car back, so you'll get the chip, the car, and another chip, bringing your chip count to 3.

But any chips you won thru garage/license tests I don't think can be duplicated. If you send a car that you painted to someone, they will receive the paint chip of the car BEFORE it was painted.

From what I've been reading, there is no way to duplicate paint chips unless you got the paint chip because it was the color of a car you bought/won.

If you buy the Lexus LF-A in Matte Black, and gift that car to a friend, they will get the car + the paint chip. They can then send you the chip back and the car back, so you'll get the chip, the car, and another chip, bringing your chip count to 3.

But any chips you won thru garage/license tests I don't think can be duplicated. If you send a car that you painted to someone, they will receive the paint chip of the car BEFORE it was painted.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by Mister916

I don't mind waiting. I think I played the Uncharted 2 beta with you a while back but I never added you.
we might have. i dont remember. its been too long since then.
laugh.gif

hoosiers4life wrote:
psanady wrote:

I think it's like 20 mil, but I traded a RUF Yellow Bird to someone on GameFaqs who I'm pretty sure was birthday glitching.

I have another one, if anyone wants to trade, I obviously don't need a 20 million dollar car, I'm looking for a Tacoma X-Runner for my Bspec driver or a Juan Pablo Montoya nascar
I'll give you a yellow bird for it

No, I have another Yellow Bird, the only thing I'd consider trading it for would be a Formula GT or maybe one of the Ferrari F1 cars.
for a 2J? come on now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'd want something as good or better, Have you driven the 2J? It dominates every event its eligible for. I want to keep it unless I get a far better offer for it.

I have a 2J, and although i love that car and it is not worth a Formula GT or a Ferarri F1 car. at most i'll trade any car thats on the typical opponents list for the classic race car cup for it, nothing more.

psanady wrote:
for a 2J? come on now.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
thought he traded away his yellow bird and wanted another one. Need a car a for the historic race, can I borrow your 2j after Mister?

sure, but i got to put you on the wait list. i got to send it to Mister tomorrow, so the earliest you can get it is the day after if you dont mind waiting.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

I don't mind waiting. I think I played the Uncharted 2 beta with you a while back but I never added you.
we might have. i dont remember. its been too long since then.
laugh.gif

hoosiers4life wrote:
psanady wrote:

I think it's like 20 mil, but I traded a RUF Yellow Bird to someone on GameFaqs who I'm pretty sure was birthday glitching.

I have another one, if anyone wants to trade, I obviously don't need a 20 million dollar car, I'm looking for a Tacoma X-Runner for my Bspec driver or a Juan Pablo Montoya nascar
I'll give you a yellow bird for it

No, I have another Yellow Bird, the only thing I'd consider trading it for would be a Formula GT or maybe one of the Ferrari F1 cars.
for a 2J? come on now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'd want something as good or better, Have you driven the 2J? It dominates every event its eligible for. I want to keep it unless I get a far better offer for it.

I have a 2J, and although i love that car and it is not worth a Formula GT or a Ferarri F1 car. at most i'll trade any car thats on the typical opponents list for the classic race car cup for it, nothing more.

psanady wrote:
for a 2J? come on now.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
thought he traded away his yellow bird and wanted another one. Need a car a for the historic race, can I borrow your 2j after Mister?

sure, but i got to put you on the wait list. i got to send it to Mister tomorrow, so the earliest you can get it is the day after if you dont mind waiting.

For the Colorful trophy. Do you have to have all 256 different in stock and on your cars or does it remember the paint once you've got it?

For the Colorful trophy. Do you have to have all 256 different in stock and on your cars or does it remember the paint once you've got it?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

So we can keep sending each other the same LF-A with matte black and keep getting chips?

So we can keep sending each other the same LF-A with matte black and keep getting chips?

That's what people on GTP are saying, although no one has seemed to confirm or deny it really... Let's try it, neither of my LF-A's are matte black, did you happen to buy one? If neither of us have one in Matte Black yet, you can also buy the FT-86 concept by Toyota in Matte Black for like 140k cheaper, and trade with that. I'll go cop one if you don't already have a Matte LF-A.

That's what people on GTP are saying, although no one has seemed to confirm or deny it really... Let's try it, neither of my LF-A's are matte black, did you happen to buy one? If neither of us have one in Matte Black yet, you can also buy the FT-86 concept by Toyota in Matte Black for like 140k cheaper, and trade with that. I'll go cop one if you don't already have a Matte LF-A.

I'll buy it. I got money to waste.

I'll buy it. I got money to waste.

Yeah

Woops my Bro just jumped on Bad Company while I was replying.
indifferent.gif

Half hour, sorry Vincent.

EDIT: Whaat?! You bought the FT-86 in Matte Black and you didn't get the chip? What the hell.. Do you have Matte Black already?

The LF-A was confirmed on GTP, but if it doesn't work I dunno what to tell you.

Regardless, I'll send you a sexy car for your troubles.

Yeah

Woops my Bro just jumped on Bad Company while I was replying.
indifferent.gif

Half hour, sorry Vincent.

EDIT: Whaat?! You bought the FT-86 in Matte Black and you didn't get the chip? What the hell.. Do you have Matte Black already?

The LF-A was confirmed on GTP, but if it doesn't work I dunno what to tell you.

Regardless, I'll send you a sexy car for your troubles.

Back
Top Bottom