Great Centers not knowing when to hang it up Unappreciation post

Seriously...is this some sort of disease? How come these dudes don't know how to go out gracefully and not go out deteriorated to average or worst?

Wilt
Kareem (although he managed a record for points out of it)
Moses Malone (this fool played for 20 damn years)
Hakeem
Pat

and now

Shaq

Its just ridiculous to see these dudes going to different teams...being part of desperate trades, somewhat serviceable players after such illustrious careers.

I know people hated MJ coming back with the Wizards (i know he's a guard-forward)...but if you look at it closer he still played at an extremely high levelat that age with most of his athleticism gone. Makes me appreciate him even more. For big dudes...they don't seem to fair well after a certain age...butseem to think they can.

I don't even think you can fathom what it's like to walk in anyone of those individuals shoes you just listed. People like you make me laugh, who areyou to tell the next man when they should hang it up?

It is time to hang it up when no one is willing to pay you millions just for being there.

I'm going to make a post entitled, "Uneducated sports fans making shallow threads unappreciation" or "Armchair quarterbacksUnappreciation"

Originally Posted by soychulo

It is time to hang it up when no one is willing to pay you millions just for being there.

I'm going to make a post entitled, "Uneducated sports fans making shallow threads unappreciation" or "Armchair quarterbacks Unappreciation"

roll.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

People like you make me laugh, who are you to tell the next man when they should hang it up?
Glad to be of service to you...
smokin.gif
And I am a spectator...thatsall.

soychulo wrote:
I'm going to make a post entitled, "Uneducated sports fans making shallow threads unappreciation" or "Armchair quarterbacks Unappreciation"
Put me in the tag when you do so I can find it easier...

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Seriously...is this some sort of disease? How come these dudes don't know how to go out gracefully and not go out deteriorated to average or worst?

Wilt
Kareem
(although he managed a record for points out of it)
Moses Malone (this fool played for 20 damn years)
Hakeem
Pat

and now

Shaq

Its just ridiculous to see these dudes going to different teams...being part of desperate trades, somewhat serviceable players after such illustrious careers.

I know people hated MJ coming back with the Wizards (i know he's a guard-forward)...but if you look at it closer he still played at an extremely high level at that age with most of his athleticism gone. Makes me appreciate him even more. For big dudes...they don't seem to fair well after a certain age...but seem to think they can.
Wilt and kareem both won titles late in thiere careers.

Yeah maybe shaq should retire but this is kinda of a dumb post.

the only thing i dont like about shaq still being in the league, is that he is now being tossed around from team to team
mad.gif
i still wish he could have retired as a laker...who would have ever thought dudewould become a phoenix sun
mad.gif
sick.gif
he's just another person to add in the "Players that dont look rightwith this team" thread next time it comes along
laugh.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

the only thing i dont like about shaq still being in the league, is that he is now being tossed around from team to team
mad.gif
i still wish he could have retired as a laker...who would have ever thought dude would become a phoenix sun
mad.gif
sick.gif
he's just another person to add in the "Players that dont look right with this team" thread next time it comes along
laugh.gif
tired.gif
That was my point...it's just ridiculous to see these dude hopping from team to team like that. Like Hakeem in Toronto? Pat in Seattle? that wasjust awful to see

The sad thing is, these dudes still put up equal or better numbers at late ages than 3/4 of the centers in the leagues in which they were playing. Thatcombined with still being under contract at top dollar means you aren't going to see these players just vanish at the top of their games voluntarily.

What happened to playing "for the love of the game"? You really think Jordan wanted to come back and play for the Wizards for some extra cash (as ifhe needed it)? Who are you to tell a man that he should give up the game he's been living and working so hard for?

it definitely sucks to see these hall of famers try and keep up with the young hoopers in the L, but who are we to say they should retire...

might as well play as long as you can, and not have any regrets when you hang it up for the last time...

Two things:

Ewing, Olajuwon, and O'Neal played until thier contracts expired. So, they are being loyal to their team and making MILLIONS.

You can talk about me all day, I'll take that 20 million thank you.

Second, these dudes are SEVEN FEET TALL!

What the hell else they gonna do, admin?

indifferent.gif
@ mentioning Kareem. Even at the age of 40, Kareem was still aforce and an all-star. All-NBA 1st team at the age of 38. In fact, I wish he would've stayed just one more season, because then his career would'vestretched over 4 decades: 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

Shaq has already said hes gonna play out his contract cause hes a man of his word

so Im sure in 2 years u'll see no more of Shaq

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow you just straight ethered dude... that wasn't even necessary
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RIP InMyMind

I wasn't trying to put him down like that, but if you take the time to preview before hitting that post button. Just a little common sense. $20 million ayear plus endorsements for still being somewhat relevant on the sports scene. Who do you know personally, including yourself, that would walk away from atleast $20 million guaranteed a year for hanging out on the bench for 35 minutes a game? That's right, no one.

Back
Top Bottom