Greatest Laker of All Time?

MVP

Supporter
Well KB finally beat the Celtics and is tied with Magic with 5 titles. Does that put him over just in terms as a basketball player? cause we know he'll never be embraced or beloved as Magic was off the court. This is what this 5th ring was for, to secure his legacy as maybe the best to ever put on the purple and gold.

Much respect to Kobe, but people need to remember that although Magic won 5 titles like him, he also took his team to 9 NBA Finals total.

IMHO, Magic is the greatest Laker of all-time. That being said, however, Kobe still has a few more years left, which is scary.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

cause we know he'll never be embraced or beloved as Magic was off the court.

^That's your answer right there.

The Logo has done more for the organization than Magic but he too will never be as "popular" as Magic.

well what matters is on court performance and ...yeah its pretty evident now that Kobe is the purp and Gold GOAT.

Magic...
pimp.gif

magic had the personality off the court to go along with his game. he is beloved by laker fans, especially the older generation. as far as talent, kobe is a better player, the numbers wont lie when it is all said and done. btw, where do you put shaq? dude put in major work the time he was here.

this is a good argument since these are my 2 favorite players of all time 
pimp.gif

But being one of the older Laker fans in here....   I don't think anyone can top Magic for me

Magic said Kobe needed to get 5 to be better than him, he did it.

Shaq said Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time.

Jerry West said Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time.

Those 3 guys opinions >>> anyone elses in this thread, including mine.

I know James Worthy isn't the answer, but  I didn't know how good he was in his prime until recently.  I saw video of him abusing people in the mid to late 80's

Originally Posted by JoeClear

I know James Worthy isn't the answer, but  I didn't know how good he was in his prime until recently.  I saw video of him abusing people in the mid to late 80's

James Worthy remains to be my favorite Laker forward...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

cause we know he'll never be embraced or beloved as Magic was off the court.

.......and for good reason.

After Kobe is retired. The Lakers need to put up his statue in front of Staple Center

Just another example of how Kobe will always follow and be a very distant second to Michael Jordan.

Magic.

But Kobe is still playing.  He has time to improve his resume, Magic doesn't.  Let Kobe finish out his career, but today, it's Magic. 

Deuce King wrote:

After Kobe is retired. The Lakers need to put up his statue in front of Staple Center

Just another example of how Kobe will always follow and be a very distant second to Michael Jordan.

What does mike have to do with this? mike is probably the greatest to ever play but c'mon this is GLOAT were talking about here not GOAT

you do know that magic has a statue outside of staples too right?
eyes.gif

as for me as much i admire mr. bryant im gonna have to go with my man earvin
pimp.gif
 the reason why i am a Laker fan

mike is probably the greatest to ever play but c'mon this is GLOAT were talking about here not GOAT

Probably the greatest to ever play.  Let me know when you have a more definitive answer champ. 

What does mike have to do with this? 

eyes.gif

Yeah that's good and all but when you or anyone else thinks of a basketball player's statue outside of an arena who is the first person that your or anyone else would thinks of??  Take your time on this one if you need to.....
happy.gif
.  Besides, I only said what I said about Kobe and the statue because somebody mentioned that they should put a statue of Kobe outside the Staples Arena when he retires.  Matter of fact I think they should put a statue of Kobe in front of Staples Arena once he retires and it should be of this picture.......

shaqkobe.jpg

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Much respect to Kobe, but people need to remember that although Magic won 5 titles like him, he also took his team to 9 NBA Finals total.

IMHO, Magic is the greatest Laker of all-time. That being said, however, Kobe still has a few more years left, which is scary.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

mike is probably the greatest to ever play but c'mon this is GLOAT were talking about here not GOAT

Probably the greatest to ever play.  Let me know when you have a more definitive answer champ. 

What does mike have to do with this? 

eyes.gif

Yeah that's good and all but when you or anyone else thinks of a basketball player's statue outside of an arena who is the first person that your or anyone else would thinks of??  Take your time on this one if you need to.....
happy.gif
.  Besides, I only said what I said about Kobe and the statue because somebody mentioned that they should put a statue of Kobe outside the Staples Arena when he retires.  Matter of fact I think they should put a statue of Kobe in front of Staples Arena once he retires and it should be of this picture.......

shaqkobe.jpg

now i love shaq and i will never hate on him because he is a true Laker but c'mon youre really gonna post out of hate now with the shaq pic...as much as i also wanna see a shaq statue out there its not gonna happen because shaq burned bridges with dr. buss

kobe has plenty of Laker records such as the all-time scoring leader, most points in a game, 3 pointers in a game etc which subsequently will lead to a statue

why did i say probably the greatest to ever play when i talk about mike...IMO there is no undisputed GOAT but there is a greatest for each era...whether it be guys like george mikan in the 50s , russell and wilt in the 60s, west, dr. j and kareem in the 70s, larry bird and magic in the 80s, and mike in the 90s
for every era there are players who were considered great for their specific playing years

I dont think you want to bring up 9 finals appearnaces in which he lost 4 times
laugh.gif

with Hall of famers, Besides against the Bulls because he was older, no Kareem and many other hurt players.

Right now he might have a slight advantage, but people have to start admitting, if Kobe wins another 'ship he would have won a 3-peat.

And
laugh.gif
Philly has a dmn statue of Rocky Balboa, a fictional character. thats the most absurd comment on here. "wow Kobe gets a satutue, he is obviously trying to copy MJ"
indifferent.gif

i think Utah has a statue of Stockton and MAlone too, if im not mistaken.

now i love shaq and i will never hate on him because he is a true Laker but c'mon youre really gonna post out of hate now with the shaq pic...as much as i also wanna see a shaq statue out there its not gonna happen because shaq burned bridges with dr. buss

I hear what your saying but I always felt like Shaq got a bad deal when he left/got thrown away by the Lakers.  They did him wrong out there as far as I'm concerned and the main culprit was Kobe.  It was an example of little brother wanted to get rid of big brother.  Shaq might have burned some bridges in the Lakers organization by the fans or the organization can't deny what he did for you when he was there.  Glad your a Lakers fans that recognizes that acheivements that Shaq brought to your organization, I knew you were a good man.........you being a 49ers fan like me helps as well
happy.gif

why did i say probably the greatest to ever play when i talk about mike...IMO there is no undisputed GOAT but there is a greatest for each era...whether it be guys like george mikan in the 50s , russell and wilt in the 60s, west, dr. j and kareem in the 70s, larry bird and magic in the 80s, and mike in the 90s
for every era there are players who were considered great for their specific playing years

Good explanation.

And
laugh.gif
Philly has a dmn statue of Rocky Balboa, a fictional character. thats the most absurd comment on here. "wow Kobe gets a satutue, he is obviously trying to copy MJ"

I'll state my question one more time and I'll ask you to give me an answer........

"Yeah that's good and all but when you or anyone else thinks of a basketball player's statue outside of an arena who is the first person that your or anyone else would thinks of??  Take your time on this one if you need to.....
happy.gif
"

Back
Top Bottom