Greatest Rap Song of all time? Let us discuss....

First off think of the time frame... 1982.
Listen to the words and the portrait they painted which opened America's eyes to what's really going on and really set a course for Rap to follow.
They touched on Life, Death, Poverty, Sex, Drugs, Violence, Police Brutality, Education, Prison and more all in ONE song... For the time the beat was fresh andthe rhymes were well put together.
I've seen a lot of lists out all over the place claiming this song or that one is the Greatest but really what song out there can match what this song did?

Please don't let the remakes of the song sway your judgment... strait up this song was dropped before most NTers were even born and it's lyrics stillapply! Before you post be sure you have heard the song and listened to the lyrics it's so much more than "Don't push me cuz I'm close to theedge".

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone else has a song that would be close or by chance better? I'd be interested to kick this subject around.

Song is "The Message" - Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five

grandmaster_flash_the_furious_five_feat_melle_mel_duke_bootee-the_message_s_2.jpg

i dnt think there kan jus b 1 song..... through out tha histroy of hip-hop there hav been so many important and mind blowing track that have dropped... so manynames and groups come to mind when u say the "greatest"... i think it all depends on wat u lyk and who u listen to. not to mention there are so manydifferent relms of hip-hop... some songs cant be compered to eachother at all.... i think mayb there can b a top 5 but i dnt realy think there is jus 1 songthat is better than every other song in my opinion.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dcjumpman84

No problem with either of the three already mentioned. Throw "T.R.O.Y" in the mix

I concur with T.R.O.Y. It's my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom