Greg Oden is nowhere NEAR the athlete he was at OSU . .

of course not,
look at the defences hes facing!
nah, hes just soft....still has to learn things....

and he IS aging backwards....

But Portland didn't care. He was their pick from minute one, just cuz he was a center. They COMPLETELY ignored Durant. Just like Jordan, they said "oh, we have Drexler, we don't need Jordan, we'll take a awkward 7 footer and hope he pans out, cuz he fits a need." Yeah, smart move.
And so now they pass on Durant, "we already have our Savior in Roy, we just need to fill a need with an awkward 7 footer."

Well guess what, how many rings did Drexler win you? NONE @#(*&. History repeats itself.
That point will only be valid if Durant leads OKC to 6 Championships. This arguement won't go to rest until 15 years from now. Ultimately,it's going to go down to winning. Stats are nice, but rings are King. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this dual into my late 30's. It'sjust a shame that Seattle isn't apart of it.

Originally Posted by RodDaNasty

But Portland didn't care. He was their pick from minute one, just cuz he was a center. They COMPLETELY ignored Durant. Just like Jordan, they said "oh, we have Drexler, we don't need Jordan, we'll take a awkward 7 footer and hope he pans out, cuz he fits a need." Yeah, smart move.
And so now they pass on Durant, "we already have our Savior in Roy, we just need to fill a need with an awkward 7 footer."

Well guess what, how many rings did Drexler win you? NONE @#(*&. History repeats itself.
That point will only be valid if Durant leads OKC to 6 Championships. This arguement won't go to rest until 15 years from now. Ultimately, it's going to go down to winning. Stats are nice, but rings are King. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this dual into my late 30's. It's just a shame that Seattle isn't apart of it.

Are you serious?

The damn history doesn't have to be friggin exact man.
laugh.gif
Tellin meif Durant only wins 5 then the Blazers made the right choice?
laugh.gif

Come on, you're smarter then that.

kevin wanted to get durant, but no way the team will let go of oden. oden was considered as one in a decade talent.

kevin really knows what's up.

RodDaNasty wrote:

That point will only be valid if Durant leads OKC to 6 Championships. This arguement won't go to rest until 15 years from now. Ultimately, it's going to go down to winning. Stats are nice, but rings are King. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this dual into my late 30's. It's just a shame that Seattle isn't apart of it.

Are you serious?

The damn history doesn't have to be friggin exact man.
laugh.gif
Tellin me if Durant only wins 5 then the Blazers made the right choice?
laugh.gif

Come on, you're smarter then that.

laugh.gif
I know! But dudes wanna compareJordan/Drexler-Drexler/Roy-Bowie/Jordan-Oden/Durant, so might as well! In addition to the 6 Championships, he has to make his own Global Brand and have 23pairs of signature shoes as well and I'll be convinced.
tongue.gif
In allseriousness, we'll only know the answer when their careers are done. However, I'm sticking with Greg "the Garden of" Oden.

Damn, with all this comparison !$%@ between players why not have a real comparison? I got one.

Portland > Your favorite NBA team.

You mad.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Damn, with all this comparison !$%@ between players why not have a real comparison? I got one.

You mad.

*cough* *cough*

Don't make me be a bad guy. I'm tryin to be nice in here, don't risk it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

He airballed a hook shot and missed an open dunk wednesday vs denver.

This dude is %%+%%* trash.
Yeah, he did look like trash there. He looks like trash around 15 percent of the time, and around 15 percent of the time he also looks like a franchise center who could potentially dunk and block everything in sight. The other 60 he just looks average to mediocre. That's about the kind of inconsistency you would expect from someone who's only had 1/2 season of college under his belt and is coming off a kind of surgery that severely hinders the focal point of his game.
= 100? Where's the other 10%?

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

He airballed a hook shot and missed an open dunk wednesday vs denver.

This dude is %%+%%* trash.
Yeah, he did look like trash there. He looks like trash around 15 percent of the time, and around 15 percent of the time he also looks like a franchise center who could potentially dunk and block everything in sight. The other 60 he just looks average to mediocre. That's about the kind of inconsistency you would expect from someone who's only had 1/2 season of college under his belt and is coming off a kind of surgery that severely hinders the focal point of his game.
= 100? Where's the other 10%?

the other 10% is real fruit juice.

Originally Posted by CP1708

You mad.

*cough* *cough*

laugh.gif
dd03594141f9a0a34fe3c2de9774c2ca66141dc.jpg

Yes! Finally a thread where this pic is really applicable!!!
pimp.gif

You mad.

*cough* *cough*

laugh.gif
These coming playoffs aside, From next year out if you had to pick a team and stick with them who would you pick?

GO is a special player, if he loses the weight (shouldn't have ever bulked up) he will be a problem

the problem with this old $*@ bum is for all the hype he got

if u look at video of him in high school and him this year in the NBA he looks like the same type of player no improvment in his offense game what so ever. hedoesnt even have a go to post move or a baby jump hook. hell all you heard about at ohio state was him breaking his right hand was good for him cause it wouldteach him to use both hands. have u see him use his left in the NBA? u cant tell me u see him night to night and say WOW oden is getting better and better eachgame can u?

again?

i pretty summed up how i feel about mr. oden in the Greg Oden is Trash Thread.

i'll just let him prove me right/wrong.

dude is eric dampier 2.0

I don't know why the Blazers didn't bring out their crystal ball and see that he was going to need microfracture surgery. SMH at them.

but that was why he got the hype mike,

he never needed much, just a little jump hook like you said or a simple dropstep. wasn't in need of Akeem's low post game

I thought he'd be great just adding simple things

but he's failed to do even that.

You mad.

*cough* *cough*

laugh.gif
These coming playoffs aside, From next year out if you had to pick a team and stick with them who would you pick?

Um, the Lakers.

Ima try and keep this simple. But i may fail.

You guys do nothing but overvalue your people. Lots of fans do, lots of teams do I guess. Hell, I'll probably do it in here. But that doesn't mean Ican't think ahead.

We have at LEAST 5 years of Kobe left. MJ played to 36, Kobe can play til 34 or 35 right? Gasol has 5 years left in him. And depending on what we do thisplayoff run, we'll see if we re-sign Odom or not.
Now, for as young as you guys are, we have a 21 year old center too. And who looks to be the better center right now? Bynum, or Oden? For the love of God,do not say that Oden is better, you will lose all credibility you have with me. Bynum has had even more major knee injuries and still he can put up 20 a nightin only 25 minutes. Oden can't even get 10. And Bynum does it with Kobe shooting, and Gasol, and Odom and everyone else takin shots, so save the depththing.
Bynum at 21, Ariza at 22, Farmar at 22, Sasha at 24, Walton sucks, but he's got 5 years. Brown may actually take over for Farmar and he too is 24. AdamMorrison sucks so far, but he can ride the bench and see if he ever does anything.
The only player the Lakers are going to lose is Fisher. And we need to get a new deal for Ariza and Odom. We're set.

You guys are build young, deep and strong. One problem. You haven't paid ANYONE yet. Roy will need his money. LA will need his money. If Oden does getgood at some point, HE will need his money. Rudy, if Batum does develop, Outlaw...........NONE of these guys have thier contracts yet. You can't keep allthese guys. Someone will need to go. Or more likely, a couple someones. And there you have it. Without depth, you'll be riding on Roy and Oden nevergetting hurt (both have had serious injuries before) and if one does go down, and you have less depth then you do now, forget it. You won't beat thatLakers squad anytime soon.

Remember. New Orleans last year was within a game of the #1 seed out west. They were young, had a top 4 NBA player in CP3, were deep, added James posey forvet leadership, and yet, where are they right now? The 7 seed. So where is that progress they expected to build on? Why is it so out of the realm ofpossibility that the same doesn't happen to you guys next season? You snuck up on everyone this year, just like they did last year. Won't happenagain. Teams will be ready for you next year. And shrotly thereafter, you will have to sign all your free agents.

One last thing. You're an NBA player, you're a free agent. You wanna play in LA and know for a fact you will get a chance at a ring, or you wannalive in Portland and HOPE you get a chance? Be honest with yourself. Time and time again, the Lakers have proven, they will do what it takes and get intothe mix. If we make the finals this year, that will be for the 30th time in 61 years.

Again, 30 times in 61 years. This is not some fluke.

So I hope I answered your question fairly. Good luck tonight.

I know I'm in the minority when I say I still feel Oden will be a great player. Everyone so quick to write him off, I don't understand. Number one, bigmen take longer to develop and he dealt with probably the worst injury you could possibly have. He's basically a ROOKIE. Give him some time...next year atthis time he should be totally over the injury (hopefully he can break out of this string of injuries, if not forget what I'm saying). If he ain't onanother level by that time, I will be VERY surprised.

His people need to tell him to slim down so he can be more active and agile

You mad.

*cough* *cough*

laugh.gif

Um, the Lakers.

Ima try and keep this simple. But i may fail.

You guys do nothing but overvalue your people. Lots of fans do, lots of teams do I guess. Hell, I'll probably do it in here. But that doesn't mean I can't think ahead.

We have at LEAST 5 years of Kobe left. MJ played to 36, Kobe can play til 34 or 35 right? Gasol has 5 years left in him. And depending on what we do this playoff run, we'll see if we re-sign Odom or not.
Now, for as young as you guys are, we have a 21 year old center too. And who looks to be the better center right now? Bynum, or Oden? For the love of God, do not say that Oden is better, you will lose all credibility you have with me. Bynum has had even more major knee injuries and still he can put up 20 a night in only 25 minutes. Oden can't even get 10. And Bynum does it with Kobe shooting, and Gasol, and Odom and everyone else takin shots, so save the depth thing.
Bynum at 21, Ariza at 22, Farmar at 22, Sasha at 24, Walton sucks, but he's got 5 years. Brown may actually take over for Farmar and he too is 24. Adam Morrison sucks so far, but he can ride the bench and see if he ever does anything.
The only player the Lakers are going to lose is Fisher. And we need to get a new deal for Ariza and Odom. We're set.

You guys are build young, deep and strong. One problem. You haven't paid ANYONE yet. Roy will need his money. LA will need his money. If Oden does get good at some point, HE will need his money. Rudy, if Batum does develop, Outlaw...........NONE of these guys have thier contracts yet. You can't keep all these guys. Someone will need to go. Or more likely, a couple someones. And there you have it. Without depth, you'll be riding on Roy and Oden never getting hurt (both have had serious injuries before) and if one does go down, and you have less depth then you do now, forget it. You won't beat that Lakers squad anytime soon.

Remember. New Orleans last year was within a game of the #1 seed out west. They were young, had a top 4 NBA player in CP3, were deep, added James posey for vet leadership, and yet, where are they right now? The 7 seed. So where is that progress they expected to build on? Why is it so out of the realm of possibility that the same doesn't happen to you guys next season? You snuck up on everyone this year, just like they did last year. Won't happen again. Teams will be ready for you next year. And shrotly thereafter, you will have to sign all your free agents.

One last thing. You're an NBA player, you're a free agent. You wanna play in LA and know for a fact you will get a chance at a ring, or you wanna live in Portland and HOPE you get a chance? Be honest with yourself. Time and time again, the Lakers have proven, they will do what it takes and get into the mix. If we make the finals this year, that will be for the 30th time in 61 years.

Again, 30 times in 61 years. This is not some fluke.

So I hope I answered your question fairly. Good luck tonight.
I could see this being a problem, but Paul Allen is a rich @$+%!$%%@%$+. Remember the payroll of the early 2000 Blazers?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I could see this being a problem, but Paul Allen is a rich @$+%!$%%@%$+. Remember the payroll of the early 2000 Blazers?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Totally know he can afford it, BUT, the whispers as to why they did not unload the Lafrentz contract and take on salary was Allen didn't wantto add payroll with this economy.

Could he afford to pay everyone? Absolutely. Would he want to pay the tax every year in this economy? That I don't know.

But I know they let the Lafrenz contract go by without adding a single thing. I know they have to pay for all that Miles mess. Seems they have been concernedwith money the last couple seasons. His free wheelin days may be over for now.

with rings coming, you know hes going to pay those players.
and give oden just ONE year before going off on him. a rookie going off this major surgery is eh.
i'm no blazers fan, but i sure do love watching them play. broy is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom