Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing all the Royals in this thread I kinda got cold feet and have started the arduous process of cancelling my order with SneakerApe. So everyone cross their fingers for me and hope this goes smoothly.

The first email I received said
"Sorry about late message. I have size 12 in stock now I will have size 13 in about 4 days"

Very sketchy

id like to see a pair from sneakerape

i think my royal and black toes arrive tomorrow..

Honestly I was willing to wait it out if I was gonna get a comparable product but I don't like my chances of getting my money back if I receive them and they're fugzi so I'm trying to head it off

Honestly I was willing to wait it out if I was gonna get a comparable product but I don't like my chances of getting my money back if I receive them and they're fugzi so I'm trying to head it off

Did you use paypal? If so, you will get money back for sure...

they are based in the USA correct? did you pay with paypal?

i think you are good and if you have issue take it up with Meth. im sure he could do something.

i wouldnt worry too much but i dont blame you honestly. best of luck

Here's my thing, the only reason a lot of these shoes have the market value they currently hold is because resellers game the system and end up with complete size runs which they then proceed to sell for exorbitant amounts.

I haven't even bought a pair of Jordans since Black Friday last year, and it's not because I had no interest in anything, but more because I didn't have the desire to deal with jumping through hoops to get a pair of mass produced shoes. If GM pairs make getting a pair to wear easier, than maybe I'll take a look at the best people to deal with. This thread has honestly made me reevaluate how I look at things, was a time I argued back and forth that if it wasn't completely above board authorized by Nike, no way was I going to spend any money on it. While I haven't made the plunge on an order yet, I am willing to give it a shot. If only to get a pair to beat into the ground.
Yeah I'm seeing it as a good thing overall given the current state we are in.  At least it gives people an option other than paying resell prices.  I'm not sure when kicks became about putting in work either.  Kicks are something I enjoy, I don't want to wake up at 4 in the morning to go wait outside a line for just a pair of shoes.  No part of that is enjoyable for me at all.  

did you purchase kinstor/rstor/taobao? i'd like to see what these black toes look like. the most popular posts here have been regarding royal's and 11's.

i second the fact that, in the end, we truly don't know what the hell is really going on overseas. their backdoor and counterfeit practices are out of this world. i mean, faking food? i remember reading the fake eggs article and was at a lost for words.

I'm curious to see the pairs from sneaker ape.

If you used Paypal your covered no matter what, having a FSR is sketchy period.

Specially for a small webstore like that.

I'm curious to see the pairs from sneaker ape.

If you used Paypal your covered no matter what, having a FSR is sketchy period.

Specially for a small webstore like that.

i wouldnt say no matter what, you just have to know what to file and what not. if you file and call them fake, you need REAL proof otherwise you SOL.

i wouldnt say no matter what, you just have to know what to file and what not. if you file and call them fake, you need REAL proof otherwise you SOL.
Claiming item not as described will win you the dispute automatically.  You will have to pay for shipping back to them though, which isn't cheap.

Claiming item not as described will win you the dispute automatically.  You will have to pay for shipping back to them though, which isn't cheap.
I know somebody that dealt with a case & he asked paypal if it was legal to send counterfeit products through the mail. They said no & he didnt have to ship it back

i'd cop a pair of black toes if i can get them under $100.

if they turn out to be bad, i'd just use the tongue as a donor for my chicagos and cop a red Nike Air tag,

I agree that is pretty ******ed. If dude wants to sell his pairs he should be prepared to send photos of any products as requested. JUST LIKE EBAY SELLERS OF LEGIT SHOES DO EVERYDAY. So it's acceptable for the retail market to ask for photos, but not the Grey Market? That makes no sense. If anything he should he required to send MORE photos since it's GM.

And who are you to go on some holy crusade "don't ruin it for the rest of us" because nobody else is over here cosigning your nonsense, you sound like a one man choir singing some BS. Your afraid of some GM Chinese reseller putting limits on you? Like you can't go find a hundred other sites on TB willing to sell you the exact same shoes for less. Even if Rstor or Kinstor decided to stop selling to the American market there are a million other shops that would fall right in behind them. The fact alone that your ignorant of that shows me that you don't even fully understand the Grey Market or know what your dealing with.

And lastly I don't believe you've been a NTer for a decade, You sound green as hell and it's pretty easy to sniff out a noob. Specially since your so into GM shoes, usually the 10+ year vets on NT don't buy/sell/believe in GM practices. Sounds like YouTube brought you into the game and you found NT recently sonny.

I know all this and haven't purchased one pair of GM shoes.
PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that is pretty ******ed. If dude wants to sell his pairs he should be prepared to send photos of any products as requested. JUST LIKE EBAY SELLERS OF LEGIT SHOES DO EVERYDAY. So it's acceptable for the retail market to ask for photos, but not the Grey Market? That makes no sense. If anything he should he required to send MORE photos since it's GM.

And who are you to go on some holy crusade "don't ruin it for the rest of us" because nobody else is over here cosigning your nonsense, you sound like a one man choir singing some BS. Your afraid of some GM Chinese reseller putting limits on you? Like you can't go find a hundred other sites on TB willing to sell you the exact same shoes for less. Even if Rstor or Kinstor decided to stop selling to the American market there are a million other shops that would fall right in behind them. The fact alone that your ignorant of that shows me that you don't even fully understand the Grey Market or know what your dealing with.

And lastly I don't believe you've been a NTer for a decade, You sound green as hell and it's pretty easy to sniff out a noob. Specially since your so into GM shoes, usually the 10+ year vets on NT don't buy/sell/believe in GM practices. Sounds like YouTube brought you into the game and you found NT recently sonny.

I know all this and haven't purchased one pair of GM shoes.
Nobody was talking to you, but let's go.

Sure, you can ask for photos. But there is a way to go about these things. You don't excessively ask for multiple photos when you're not shopping for real. By shopping I mean dropping a good amount of money. If you are just dibbing and dabbing here and there and buying one pair at a time, you don't inconvenience somebody who is doing you a favor.

No, the grey market and retail market are not the same. Or else this thread/discussion wouldn't exist. Step your common sense game up. Clearly what these sellers are doing is blurring the line between legal and illegal so they are technically not obligated to do **** for you, lewi, or anybody else. Buy retail if you want all the reassurances and pampering that comes with being a retail customer. Your local Footlocker is that-a-way.

As far as my NT credentials, as I said earlier, I don't need to explain myself to anyone. But I'll humor you since you want to call me out.

I've been on NT since '01. Since I was literally a kid. I grew up a sneakerhead via this site. EZboard.

I've been buying and collecting since the days where you could wake up at noon in your pajamas and snag a pair of anything you wanted with no worries. I've had a couple different screen names and fell back from posting to lurk. With that being said, none of that matters because join date doesn't make the man.

I notice you new era NTers are caught up in join dates, post counts, and reps. That's cute. I honestly don't care or else I would have went through the process to recover my old SN through Meth just to prove to how "OG" I am. But then again, I'm not a cornball.

I'm not against grey markets because I feel this is honestly what the sneaker game needs to restore some form of balance. Plus, I'm not a shoe hoarder who wants to protect his precious little collection. I wear my stuff.

You're right though, it is easy to sniff out a noob. I got one right in front of me.
This is the most ******ed thing I've seen in awhile. I drop $500 and I can't get some pics? C'mon son
mean.gif

And its a good thing I talked to him, HE HAS BLUE TINT SPACE JAMS THAT I OPTED OUT OF. He said he has clear and blue tint, but clear was sold out in my size.

I get better prices because of my friends I have referred to him. I should spend MORE of my money, blindly, because YOU told me so? A decade lurker?
roll.gif
Corny, but I'll play along.

You spent $500. Amazing bro. Would you like a medal or cookie to go along with that accomplishment? I'm sure you are single-handedly keeping the grey market business afloat with your deep pockets. Salute man.

You couldn't have been that great of a customer if the guy from Kinstor is so annoyed by you that he threatens to kill you via email.

I never said spend anything blindly. I said stop being an annoying customer. You have enough resources in this 130+ page thread to make an informed decision. YouTube also. There are enough people who took the plunge first and offered themselves up as guinea pigs so the rest of us could benefit.

Nobody was talking to you, but let's go.

Sure, you can ask for photos. But there is a way to go about these things. You don't excessively ask for multiple photos when you're not shopping for real. By shopping I mean dropping a good amount of money. If you are just dibbing and dabbing here and there and buying one pair at a time, you don't inconvenience somebody who is doing you a favor.

No, the grey market and retail market are not the same. Or else this thread/discussion wouldn't exist. Step your common sense game up. Clearly what these sellers are doing is blurring the line between legal and illegal so they are technically not obligated to do **** for you, lewi, or anybody else. Buy retail if you want all the reassurances and pampering that comes with being a retail customer. Your local Footlocker is that-a-way.

As far as my NT credentials, as I said earlier, I don't need to explain myself to anyone. But I'll humor you since you want to call me out.

I've been on NT since '01. Since I was literally a kid. I grew up a sneakerhead via this site. EZboard.

I've been buying and collecting since the days where you could wake up at noon in your pajamas and snag a pair of anything you wanted with no worries. I've had a couple different screen names and fell back from posting to lurk. With that being said, none of that matters because join date doesn't make the man.

I notice you new era NTers are caught up in join dates, post counts, and reps. That's cute. I honestly don't care or else I would have went through the process to recover my old SN through Meth just to prove to how "OG" I am. But then again, I'm not a cornball.

I'm not against grey markets because I feel this is honestly what the sneaker game needs to restore some form of balance. Plus, I'm not a shoe hoarder who wants to protect his precious little collection. I wear my stuff.

You're right though, it is easy to sniff out a noob. I got one right in front of me.

Corny, but I'll play along.

You spent $500. Amazing bro. Would you like a medal or cookie to go along with that accomplishment? I'm sure you are single-handedly keeping the grey market business afloat with your deep pockets. Salute man.

You couldn't have been that great of a customer if the guy from Kinstor is so annoyed by you that he threatens to kill you via email.

I never said spend anything blindly. I said stop being an annoying customer. You have enough resources in this 130+ page thread to make an informed decision. YouTube also. There are enough people who took the plunge first and offered themselves up as guinea pigs so the rest of us could benefit.

My common sense game? What did I post that eluded common sense LIKE YOUR ENTIRE PREVIOUS POST. -nothing, actually I schooled you in having balls 101. While your whimpering about "let's not upset the GM sneaker seller" He has to play on your terms and cater to your business, not the other way around. Your doing HIM a favor giving HIM your money, not the other way around.

Your right, they are illegal sellers. HENSE THE REASON THEY HAVE TO WORK EXTRA HARD TO KEEP THEIR BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS. You think a footlocker or Nike rep is gonna send you photos of the exact shoes through email? Sorry...

Your entire logic is backwards.

And your talking to Lewi who's spent most people's weekly salary on GM shoes this week alone. Saying, "don't bother the GM seller unless your gonna purchase anything of substance" If he's spending $500+ a week the dude should send him multiple pics of whatever he wants... Who designated you the GM police? I'm sure they are doing just fine without you trying to catch their back, lol.

You don't know how he spoke to the dude, you didn't read his emails. "There is a way to go about these things" You're absolutely right- and to me it sounds like you have no idea how that is. This is business, he's not your buddy and he's not your pal. He's selling you an Illegal product he got for probably $35-30, why shouldn't you hustle for a cheaper price? No? You should just pay $250+ for something dude payed $30 for? Something that's not completely authentic with flaws and no quality control? Something you can't return regardless of flaws?

The only thing that will make them step up their quality is the consumer demanding a better product or lower prices. It's simple economics that you apparently know nothing about. If you keep blindly buying their products and eating whatever crap shoe they spoon feed you, they aren't gonna have much incentive to kick up quality control.

Ask all these dudes who bought Royals this week if they wish they would have argued for 20% less since the product they got is clearly different from release day pairs, see what they say...

But you know it all.

Seems like you just like arguing for the sake of argument, meanwhile u claim you've been in the game 10+ years, I stopped reading your little sob story about how things "used to be" but meanwhile you don't know jack about the markets. So if you have been around 10+ years that's even worse based off your common knowledge.

And lastly most people on NT care about join date, I've heard the majority of NT elite mention join date in correlation with many issues, and see it myself.

So go make up some more issues filled with no real facts or arguments and throw it back at me like you previously just tried. All you did was side step my points, and spew up some nonsense about "how things used to be" then started talking about other issues that weren't even under debate. typical side stepping.

And those "guinea pigs" your talking about. Lewi here has been buying and posting pictures of his products for the majority of this thread for everyone else's benefit, maybe if you actually read the thread you would have realized that. lol you just called the dude out and told him to do something he's been doing for weeks, if not months.

"Nobody was talking to you, but let's go" he says lol

I think you just came and went buddy.

Last edited:
^^^ this i why i love NT.... gives me a good laugh... but i also love getting you guys views and opinions on things... so thank you all for sharing your expieriences with us it is actually really helpful to all who even come in this thread whether they like what they read or not.. KEEP UP THE ARGUING THOUGH THATS JUST ICING ON THE CAKE... LOVE STARTING MY WORK DAY WITH A FEW LAUGHS

^^^ this i why i love NT.... gives me a good laugh... but i also love getting you guys views and opinions on things... so thank you all for sharing your expieriences with us it is actually really helpful to all who even come in this thread whether they like what they read or not.. KEEP UP THE ARGUING THOUGH THATS JUST ICING ON THE CAKE... LOVE STARTING MY WORK DAY WITH A FEW LAUGHS

Will do...

U pretty much gotta like arguing to some extent to be involved in or read this thread.

lol

i feel ya... but anyways when dude said "Nobody was talking to you, but let's go" that did it for me because i actually pictured someone saying that ish and being serious

i feel ya... but anyways when dude said "Nobody was talking to you, but let's go" that did it for me because i actually pictured someone saying that ish and being serious

"Put your dukes up"
View media item 520615
All jokes aside, if dude actually read the thread none of this argument needed to take place...

He picks a bone with Lewi, who's been one of the most helpful contributing members to the thread recently, dude spends his own money and posts what he gets, shares info and helps people and the entire time eats a lot of the posts the haters throw at him and keeps coming back for more...

Seriously tho read the thread before you call people out lol

Last edited:
GM sellers saying no to money.
roll.gif

I've been on here for years yet I just joined
roll.gif

They want u to buy in bulk so that they can dump their inventory.

It's nothing wrong with asking for detailed pics when getting non warrantied, under the table products.
The good GM sellers will have no problem taking shoes back and refunding you if they aren't up to your standards. You need to build a business relationship with them first though. Good luck if you've only talked to them on the internet and are only getting a few pairs though.

GM sellers saying no to money. :rofl:

I've been on here for years yet I just joined :rofl:

They want u to buy in bulk so that they can dump their inventory.

It's nothing wrong with asking for detailed pics when getting non warrantied, under the table products.

The good GM sellers will have no problem taking shoes back and refunding you if they aren't up to your standards. You need to build a business relationship with them first though. Good luck if you've only talked to them on the internet and are only getting a few pairs though.

shouldn't have to be that way just to get a refund... and when getting a refund, who eats the international shipping fees? :rolleyes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom