Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you feel like if you post this enough times it'll actually change minds.

My opinion of supposed grey market shoes stands the same as it always has which is that they are high quality fakes regardless of where they are made and who is making them.

Both sides of the argument have as much proof as the other side, none. Short of someone hopping a flight to china and pulling out cameras and taping production, that part of it will never be definitively answered. Its absolutely silly for anyone to take the word of any taobao agent as though they don't have a benefit in you feeling comfortable with a purchase, your paying them a percentage.

What this thread has changed my mind on is to not feel one way or another if someone wants to purchase these fake/gm shoes for themselves to wear.

Honestly, it hurts no one and people should do whatever they feel with their money.

Whats really real though is more than a couple are just using this thread to determine where to purchase the highest quality fakes they can so they can get over on unsuspecting/uninformed people.
I keep posting the same things over and over again because people keep bring up the same points. you can chose what to accept as proof or not and you can say that all GM shoes are high quality fakes but thats not true these GM shoes do exist and nike has acknowledged them. thats proof enough to show that these GM shoes exist and theres a clear difference between high quality fakes and true grey market shoes.

"Often, fakes are fairly obvious, featuring poor stitching or misshapen swooshes, made in“small-scale, rural ‘workshop’ operations [that are]  difficult to track.”

But Nike maintains that its real problem isn’t these rogue mom-and-pop sweatshops. Much of the illicit fare in the markets is the genuine article, made by their own subcontractors."

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Yeah i find myself posting the same things over and over but that doesnt make it any less relevant the first time versuses the 50th time i post it.[/color]

You guys need to seriously give it up already...

U too JDfrench. You guys keep repeating the same **** over and over and over.

Literally the same exact same posts. It's like absurd at this point.

If you guys wanna have the same debate all the time, take it to PM.
trust me repeating myself isnt something im enjoying. but it gets annoying when people act like when true information is posted on page 50 its no longer relevant or applicable on page 51 unless someone reposts it. but youre right im even annoying myself being so repetitive lol

Last edited:
trust me repeating myself isnt something im enjoying. but it gets annoying when people act like when true information is posted on page 50 its no longer relevant or applicable on page 51 unless someone reposts it. but youre right im even annoying myself being so repetitive lol

I understand, but you gotta accept the fact that this is an argument you can't win right now. Cut your losses and save your sanity bro, it's not even worth defending

Let them say whatever they want, who cares.

i added more to my original post so you might have missed it but here it is:

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]and as far as fakes go they will never be identical to authentic pairs. you know why? because replicas target market isnt the same as the retail and grey market. Even the people who produce replicas arent stupid, theyre business men. these arent people making shoes and "trying their best" with what ever materials they have to make it look like authentic pairs. [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Replicas arent cheap because theyre inferior quality, theyre inferior quality because theyre cheap.Meaning these are made the way they are (cheaply and somewhat half assed) because they are meant to be sold at a lower price. The fake market and the GM Retail markets will never merge. [/color]
yes i know..it was just a thought ("what if")... theres always levels.. of course someone will always cater to the ones who wants to buy a $5 pair, but many replica companies would like to produce close to RD pairs.. since that makes the most money
I guess you feel like if you post this enough times it'll actually change minds.

My opinion of supposed grey market shoes stands the same as it always has which is that they are high quality fakes regardless of where they are made and who is making them.

Both sides of the argument have as much proof as the other side, none. Short of someone hopping a flight to china and pulling out cameras and taping production, that part of it will never be definitively answered. Its absolutely silly for anyone to take the word of any taobao agent as though they don't have a benefit in you feeling comfortable with a purchase, your paying them a percentage.

What this thread has changed my mind on is to not feel one way or another if someone wants to purchase these fake/gm shoes for themselves to wear.

Honestly, it hurts no one and people should do whatever they feel with their money.

Whats really real though is more than a couple are just using this thread to determine where to purchase the highest quality fakes they can so they can get over on unsuspecting/uninformed people.
+1.. arguing will probably stop since.. it will be so repetitive with no conclusion.. GM or replica buyers/resellers are here to stay in this thread of course

Last edited:
Really disappointed at this point even though I shouldn't be because of human nature.
Not everyone has integrity nor do they understand what it is.

This thread was intended to educate people on the GM market and I truly believe it did for many that went into it with an open mind. It taught people what it is. People now know what to look out for since they don't care for GM shoes. Others decided to buy GM shoes for their personal use because they honestly don't wish to pay the inflated prices that the market currently holds. I understand that and that's not the issue.

The real issue is people educating themselves on GM shoes then deciding to take advantage of the average consumer by selling off these shoes as release date items. Its wrong. Plain and simple.

I am going to talk with a couple of admins/moderators about this thread to see if it really needs to stay open.

Here are my bullet points:
1. I think its becoming a source of info for people to buy and redistribute as retail.
2. The same points are being made. This means that people are educated on the shoes from both perspectives.
3. Can reflect a negative light on NT as a whole.

I am honestly not trying to be rude or power hungry or anything like that. I am genuinely disturbed. It only take a few bad apples to ruin the batch and those people that are running a dishonest hustle are definitely bad apples. Just read the justifications they made and understand where I am coming from.

I keep posting the same things over and over again because people keep bring up the same points. you can chose what to accept as proof or not and you can say that all GM shoes are high quality fakes but thats not true these GM shoes do exist and nike has acknowledged them. thats proof enough to show that these GM shoes exist and theres a clear difference between high quality fakes and true grey market shoes.

"Often, fakes are fairly obvious, featuring poor stitching or misshapen swooshes, made in“small-scale, rural ‘workshop’ operations [that are]  difficult to track.”

But Nike maintains that its real problem isn’t these rogue mom-and-pop sweatshops. Much of the illicit fare in the markets is the genuine article, made by their own subcontractors."

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Yeah i find myself posting the same things over and over but that doesnt make it any less relevant the first time versuses the 50th time i post it.[/color]
I agree with JoeyD12 and have no interest in a redundant back and forth but what you need to understand is that no matter the source or materials some of us are always going to consider them fakes not to mention the fact that so far the purchasing experience documented here has been a crapshoot.

Really disappointed at this point even though I shouldn't be because of human nature.
Not everyone has integrity nor do they understand what it is.

This thread was intended to educate people on the GM market and I truly believe it did for many that went into it with an open mind. It taught people what it is. People now know what to look out for since they don't care for GM shoes. Others decided to buy GM shoes for their personal use because they honestly don't wish to pay the inflated prices that the market currently holds. I understand that and that's not the issue.

The real issue is people educating themselves on GM shoes then deciding to take advantage of the average consumer by selling off these shoes as release date items. Its wrong. Plain and simple.

I am going to talk with a couple of admins/moderators about this thread to see if it really needs to stay open.

Here are my bullet points:
1. I think its becoming a source of info for people to buy and redistribute as retail.
2. The same points are being made. This means that people are educated on the shoes from both perspectives.
3. Can reflect a negative light on NT as a whole.

I am honestly not trying to be rude or power hungry or anything like that. I am genuinely disturbed. It only take a few bad apples to ruin the batch and those people that are running a dishonest hustle are definitely bad apples. Just read the justifications they made and understand where I am coming from.
agreed, this thread may have finally run its course.

Thats an unreasonable  thing to expect though because not all GM shoes are made in the same way or at the same time that end up on the Grey Market. Some shoes are stolen during the regular retail production run of the sneakers. Some are made before hand and some are made afterwards. And a whole bunch of them dont ever see quality control. Of course youre going to see some with more flaws than others. But there are still some that come out just as good as the pairs you get from footlocker. What im saying is that these shoes (except for shoes like royals and db4s which i consider fake) are still being made from the same stuff no matter what point on the time line of the original production run that they find themselves on the grey market.

i added more to my original post so you might have missed it but here it is:
and as far as fakes go they will never be identical to authentic pairs. you know why? because replicas target market isnt the same as the retail and grey market. Even the people who produce replicas arent stupid, theyre business men. these arent people making shoes and "trying their best" with what ever materials they have to make it look like authentic pairs. 
Replicas arent cheap because theyre inferior quality, theyre inferior quality because theyre cheap.Meaning these are made the way they are (cheaply and somewhat half assed) because they are meant to be sold at a lower price. The fake market and the GM Retail markets will never merge. 

I've said the same thing as him if they are made in the same place and same spot why on earth would they be different shapes sizes materials stitching etc....That makes no sense if they are following the same diagrams. The point is making money and if they cant make the shoes That resemble the retail product they will not make money. You think they are doing on this on purpose?? Making the same flaws and ignoring them. They maybe criminals but they aint stupid. if theres an issue they can prevent they will. There's only one design so why would there's be different. It's not the same. Especially when The shoes y'all keep posting have the same design flaw. Meaning whatever mold design bla blah etc have that flaw in it. Retail pairs have flaws but they aren't as repetitive as these pairs y'all keep posting up.Meaning its human error not a design flaw.Wether you support GM or not that has to raise eyebrows.

And that first paragraph you typed is assumption and has been since the beginning of this thread. Nobody knows how when and where these shoes are produced and neither do you so don't try and school people on what's supposed and not fact. I'm not trying to jump down on you but I've read the last few stories you wrote and it just becomes less informative with state non facts.

done with the back and forth, everything i could possibly say ive already said. the purpose of this thread was to educate and ive been educated.

Ahhhh so you were the mod that deleted my comment.

Who exactly am I trying to deceive? I am giving them an authentic sneaker and I charge them much lower than what a "retail" pair would normally resell for. Who's losing out here? Am I putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to buy my shoes? I'm not selling replicas as authentic. (Corks, "Perfect" Yeezys, etc.) I'm not buying a super rare, limited shoe and holding it hostage for quadruple it's retail price like the guys in the DB 3 thread. (We won't get into that again...) And as originally stated if anyone is dissatisfied with the sneaker I gladly refund them. But that's maybe happened...twice.

I don't see what's wrong with my business practice. For you to just delete my comment shows that you yourself haven't accepted the way the game has changed.

Wow where do I start. Aside from the illicit part of what you're doing which you obviously don't care about, you're lying and deceiving people. You are a CON! What do you say in your ads? 100% authentic? Do you forget to write in your discription these are GM? Some poor kids parents give them $300 to buy kicks and you prey on them. Pure scumbag! Most people don't even know what GM is, that's why they don't ask or inspect the shoe with a fine tooth comb and you take advantage of that.

I've known about GMs long before this thread was created so don't worry bigj, it hasn't made things any "worse" than they already were.

Last edited:
Wow where do I start. Aside from the illicit part of what you're doing which you obviously don't care about, you're lying and deceiving people. You are a CON! What do you say in your ads? 100% authentic? Do you forget to write in your discription these are GM? Some poor kids parents give them $300 to buy kicks and you prey on them. Pure scumbag! Most people don't even know what GM is, that's why they don't ask or inspect the shoe with a fine tooth comb and you take advantage of that.
Capitalism 101 my friend. It's not my responsibility to babysit consumers. And again, I'm not lying to anyone. Because the sneakers are in fact authentic as we've gone over time and time again in this thread.

Capitalism 101 my friend. It's not my responsibility to babysit consumers. And again, I'm not lying to anyone. Because the sneakers are in fact authentic as we've gone over time and time again in this thread.

Ahhhh so you were the mod that deleted my comment.

Who exactly am I trying to deceive? I am giving them an authentic sneaker and I charge them much lower than what a "retail" pair would normally resell for. Who's losing out here? Am I putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to buy my shoes? I'm not selling replicas as authentic. (Corks, "Perfect" Yeezys, etc.) I'm not buying a super rare, limited shoe and holding it hostage for quadruple it's retail price like the guys in the DB 3 thread. (We won't get into that again...) And as originally stated if anyone is dissatisfied with the sneaker I gladly refund them. But that's maybe happened...twice.

I don't see what's wrong with my business practice. For you to just delete my comment shows that you yourself haven't accepted the way the game has changed.

you're committing fraud by not giving people an authentic pair and you're stealing Nike's intellectual property.

Stealing Nike's intellectual property? LOL

yes I went over to China and stole all the shoes. You kids are hilarious.

I think you should just ban anyone who insists on continuing on with the whole "real vs fake" debate/argument from the thread.

Whether they are for or against it. This discussion on that topic has been dealt with for over 100 pages.

Its like as soon as it calms down someone brings that **** back up.

Now the thread is probably going to get locked.

Last edited:
you hear that everyone? If you've ever sold a shoe on Ebay or craigslist or even on NT, you're committing fraud since you didn't give Nike their royalties. Shame on all of you.

Last edited:
Sorry to chime in but I've read through most of this thread (obviously skimming a lot) but I have a good understanding of the situation and the so called evidence presented providing proof for either opinion. I've checked out most of the sites mentioned and I haven't been able to find and sizes larger than 12 and maybe 13. Does anyone know if they exist anywhere? I just feel like this can make a guy like me feel a little better when purchasing off eBay and sites of that sort that I don't have to worry AS MUCH about GM because they don't seem to be readily available.

you hear that everyone? If you've ever sold a shoe on Ebay or craigslist or even on NT, you're committing fraud since you didn't give Nike their royalties. Shame on all of you.

actually a re-seller of authentic pairs pays Nike for their IP when they purchase the product through an authorized retailer.

Last edited:

Amen! Love to see an intelligent NTer. That other dude who posts long winded paragraphs just loves to preach or hear himself talk.

2lc2u10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom