Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...ninja said the fake pair I posted looks just like his pair...LOLOLOLOL. He's totally ignoring the fact that the patent cut is waaaaaay higher. Like obvious from a mile away higher. LOLOL. He must be a wrestling fan.

i posted both my pairs from stores which totally debunked his ****, i SEEN those pairs in person and they're identical to mine material wise..right down

to da carbon fiber. thats facts.

^^^THAT is a fake XI, which are called "perfect XI" because they look good, but da carbon fiber isn't real, its plastic..unauthorized pairs BLOW THESE

out da water because its da same exact materials to da release date pairs.
I notice that they use the same pattern for cutting patent leather as Mental Kicks. Its hiliarious that they have the same cut. LOL...ninja must be trollin. LOLOLOL.

i posted both my pairs from stores which totally debunked his ****, i SEEN those pairs in person and they're identical to mine material wise..right down

to da carbon fiber. thats facts.

View media item 384610

^^^THAT is a fake XI, which are called "perfect XI" because they look good, but da carbon fiber isn't real, its plastic..unauthorized pairs BLOW THESE

out da water because its da same exact materials to da release date pairs.
I notice that they use the same pattern for cutting patent leather as Mental Kicks. Its hiliarious that they have the same cut. LOL...ninja must be trollin. LOLOLOL.

Seems you're da one trolling..these are fake.

Grey market pairs look nuffin like these...

what is the point of all this arguing? fake pairs and grey market pairs both are crap and I would never cop so who cares

All the newer XIs are the variant quality that was being used on the fakes in 00 01'..Its not even worth worrying about all js are variant quality now and soles turn piss no biggie they all GR's anyway. My bin 5 has a little yellowing doesnt matter wear em

Last edited:
Yo NT, so my connect, who has hooked me up with legit bred 11s, 88s, ect says he has a pair of deadstock jams, Icy sole. I asked where they from, and he said back stock. I asked how they haven't yellowed and he said anti-static bags. Guy has always had old DS heat, how can I make sure they are a legit 09' pair?

For example, pairs like this (mods please let me know if I should remove, not my listing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-AIR-JO...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

don't have the high cut, off seam, blue tint or any signs of being fake, but Icy sole, am I good if they look similar? or is it more than likely a grey market pair?

Keeping my eye out for:

blue tint

patent cut

back seam

injection nips

production dates (what should they say?)

But other than that I dunno what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Yo NT, so my connect, who has hooked me up with legit bred 11s, 88s, ect says he has a pair of deadstock jams, Icy sole. I asked where they from, and he said back stock. I asked how they haven't yellowed and he said anti-static bags. Guy has always had old DS heat, how can I make sure they are a legit 09' pair?

For example, pairs like this (mods please let me know if I should remove, not my listing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-AIR-JO...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

don't have the high cut, off seam, blue tint or any signs of being fake, but Icy sole, am I good if they look similar? or is it more than likely a grey market pair?

Keeping my eye out for:

blue tint

patent cut

back seam

injection nips

grey market pairs are identical to da retail pairs other then da age of da soles...

Keeping my eye out for:

blue tint

patent cut

back seam

injection nips

That's a fake pair my dude...it definitely has the high patent cut. That back seam is way too tall. And the carbon shank was placed very sloppily too. Don't listen to Ninja...they definitely aren't identical aside from the icy soles. Buy them if you wan't, but those are definitely grey market/fake shoes. No matter how long they've been in bags, there will be some yellowing around the pods. Not as much as if they were just kept in the box the whole time without the bag, but still...some yellowing. Defintely not a real pair from 2009.

Last edited:
Is it possible for a pair of nike have different production dates on the tag? The start date is the same the end date is different

Keeping my eye out for:

blue tint

patent cut

back seam

injection nips

That's a fake pair my dude...it definitely has the high patent cut. That back seam is way too tall. And the carbon shank was placed very sloppily too. Don't listen to Ninja...they definitely aren't identical aside from the icy soles. Buy them if you wan't, but those are definitely grey market/fake shoes. No matter how long they've been in bags, there will be some yellowing around the pods. Not as much as if they were just kept in the box the whole time without the bag, but still...some yellowing. Defintely not a real pair from 2009.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

lol i have 2 pairs from 2009 and i seen da newer ones...like i said IDENTICAL other then da age of da soles.

i gotta agree with ninja. No two pairs of spacejams are identically cut as far as patent leather is concerned, and all of the cuts are pretty much on point. If i had a grey market pair and if i rocked it a couple times and let the sole yellow out and then sold them to you, you wouldnt know the difference.

i gotta agree with ninja. No two pairs of spacejams are identically cut as far as patent leather is concerned, and all of the cuts are pretty much on point. If i had a grey market pair and if i rocked it a couple times and let the sole yellow out and then sold them to you, you wouldnt know the difference.
thats what im trying to tell these cats..they're basing "legit checks" on superficial **** that changes from each pair to da next and not looking

at da big picture, which is these factories where da real ones come out of are being manipulated by da powers that be and are churning

em out as they please.

Wrong...I can tell a fake pair from mental kicks easily from 10 feet away without even looking at the soles. You can wear them all you want....mask off the sole for all I care its still obvious. Maybe you just can't see it.

LOL...ninja said the fake pair I posted looks just like his pair...LOLOLOLOL. He's totally ignoring the fact that the patent cut is waaaaaay higher. Like obvious from a mile away higher. LOLOL. He must be a wrestling fan.

patent cut matters? news to me, no defending fakes but with the concords, mine straight from NDC on RD have a very high patent cut compared to most ive seen on the net.

so what now?

patent cut matters? news to me, no defending fakes but with the concords, mine straight from NDC on RD have a very high patent cut compared to most ive seen on the net.

so what now?
he's a hack, patent leather cuts been jacked up since 2001 straight from footlocker/modells/footaction/etc.

son talkin bout averages like he's seen EVERY SINGLE PAIR TO EVER COME OUT
mean.gif
laugh.gif

patent leather cut =/= legit check...

what matters is MATERIALS.

Last edited:
lolol...cmon man. trying to tell me that any retail pair is gonna have that super high cut. get outta here with that. Takin the L is just impossible for you. I love it. it'll be a little different here, a little different there....but EVERY SINGLE FAKE PAIR from the grey market has the obvious cut. If you can't see it from 10 feet away like I can...look closer. but you shouldn't have to. It's bright as day OBVIOUS. And materials aren't all that matter. Execution matter too. And while JB quality ain't all that...it's not consistently bad like the grey market. All I gotta do is hold a pair and i can tell from all the sloppiness. 

Last edited:
why is everyone *****ing about this? get you some 11s that you're happy with and move along. I stopped really giving a **** about someone else wearing fakes back in highschool... 9 times out of 10 I can tell if someone has on fakes but is it really worth saying anything about it or worrying? cool you noticed, take the victory in ur head

Last edited:
its the "what if" and the "unknown" that makes me very hesistant on early release, unauthorized, etc whatever you want to call it. as great as they are looking these days, same materials, from the same factory, same mold, from same workers who are making extra money ont he side outside of the factory whatever.

what no one will prove despite how great or how "CLOSE" if not identical to the real ones are the air unit inside

i know those are cool greys but how can one prove that early release Jams/unauthorized pairs ARENT the same??! only way is if you tear it open and prove it, and from what i see it only those with pairs that are not from authorized retailers are the ones to prove and not the other way around.

one of my friends purchased a pair of jams at "reseller" prices on ebay and he had a hunch they were these early/unauthorized pairs, he did that on his own because he was desperate for Jams. I purchased his pair of cool greys FROM NIKE, b-grade that hit outlets few years back. and he said he can tell just the "feel" of the shoe, the Jams he got dont feel as comfortable in terms of cushioning.. yikes..

My 2 pairs from champs sports got drastically cut in

Da patent leather cut, so that **** is probably da WORST way to tell whether a pair is fake or real..

What matters is MATERIALS folks...thats it.

Yeah but you have Nike materials on your mental kicks 88 retro 3s and those shoes look straight jacked up. So materials aren't the only thing that matters.

its the "what if" and the "unknown" that makes me very hesistant on early release, unauthorized, etc whatever you want to call it. as great as they are looking these days, same materials, from the same factory, same mold, from same workers who are making extra money ont he side outside of the factory whatever.

what no one will prove despite how great or how "CLOSE" if not identical to the real ones are the air unit inside

i know those are cool greys but how can one prove that early release Jams/unauthorized pairs ARENT the same??! only way is if you tear it open and prove it, and from what i see it only those with pairs that are not from authorized retailers are the ones to prove and not the other way around.

one of my friends purchased a pair of jams at "reseller" prices on ebay and he had a hunch they were these early/unauthorized pairs, he did that on his own because he was desperate for Jams. I purchased his pair of cool greys FROM NIKE, b-grade that hit outlets few years back. and he said he can tell just the "feel" of the shoe, the Jams he got dont feel as comfortable in terms of cushioning.. yikes..

Honestly though, what's to say that actual JORDAN BRAND retros aren't the same???? Some of them are real thin and feel like they might have that "flat plastic" air bag in them. 8s especially. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what jb themselves really pass off as air in some of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom