Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these grey market?

They haven't yellowed at all but the soles don't have a blue tint like most gm pairs do.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Man, this thread got everyone scared to use Ebay now, me included. :lol:

6 feedback and a solid size? Ima say yeah, those are fake. I wouldn't risk it.

roll.gif

Man, this thread got everyone scared to use Ebay now, me included.
laugh.gif

6 feedback and a solid size? Ima say yeah, those are fake. I wouldn't risk it.
you feel me 
laugh.gif

If they are GM, they do look good cause they don't have the blue tint soles. At least it looks like it to me lol

They got grey markets without the blue tint.
in one vid someone posted earlier in the 20's of this thread, I went to the vids comments. Duke was like I emailed them and told them to send me one without the blue soles and they obliged. I guess you just gotta find the right spot.

Man this thread got me all kinds of paranoid. I don't have luck copping online or instore due to bots and the particular area where i live, so result to websites like citysole and sneakerpost. I bought a pair of royals off of city sole, and i can't tell if they're authorized or unauthorized pair. I just need some insight if my pair is okay to those who know differences from a retail pair and a gm pair

So this is what Sole SUpremacy claims:
the top is real, but the bottom is fake
View media item 436290
this is my pair from city sole. I'm pretty sure they acquired their stock through international retailers because the box tag does not have the MSRP tag nor any preforations suggesting a MSRP tag. The insole does not include a sz. tag because it is not a US pair and an international pair. But this is where I'm uncertain, do international pairs have this sticker inside? Here's some pics of my pair from City sole. I understand City sole, formerly kicksrus, has been around for awhile, but i don't know where they stand with grey market pairs.
insole:
View media item 437840
here's the sockliner, which imo lands between the real and gm pair provided by Sole Supremacy. As you can see, the sockliner is more visible, similar to the claimed fake/gm pair by SS, but it's more rounded like the real pair. The sockliner of the fake/gm pair is not cylindrical like the real pair:
View media item 437843
here's the NA tag:
View media item 437846
Overall:
View media item 437848
compared to a pair of knicks bought from sheikh. The sockliners are almost identical; clearly visible and cylindrical:
View media item 437852
NA tag comparisons:
View media item 437853
I just need some input from y'all. I'm seriously thinking of putting up with J's today because they're too hard to acquire and the grey market just makes online purchases really sketch. I don't want to spend all this money on products that have unceetain backgrounds. I know they're just shoes, but it's been a hobby of mine for years and with all the recent fiascos, it's making want to give up shoes.

T2Zi_.XaFaXXXXXXXX_%21%21905114150.jpg

gee, so much for that terrible comparison...
laugh.gif

i got a feeling resellers are scared they bout to get cut of being middle men so they weathering da grey markets by putting up ANY kind of slight

cosmetic difference you can find... **** looks futile.

View media item 436290

T2Zi_.XaFaXXXXXXXX_%21%21905114150.jpg

gee, so much for that terrible comparison... :lol:

i got a feeling resellers are scared they bout to get cut of being middle men so they weathering da grey markets by putting up ANY kind of slight

cosmetic difference you can find... **** looks futile.

Hmmm.... What i've been noticing on GM pairs are those snippets in the middle of the royal leather cuts. I've not seen them on any 1s from actual retailers. Could that be a possible difference in grey market pairs?

Last edited:
your definitely good dunny. My Bred 11s I bought from an authorized German retailer has those same stickers versus the Mens US Size ** stickers JB uses on the US releases. 

I feel like for once the thread is going in the right direction and more people with worthwhile info are posting.

I still have some questions that I wish would be answered by the people that keep saying that there are "perfect" or "very good" grey market shoes out there.

So far everything grey market i've seen has always looked a little off.  No matter how close i've always been able to tell, so if you guys could post pics of some of these pairs that people claim are worth purchasing. Obviously don't link the source, just post pics like ninja just did.

Everything I see thats grey market is easy for me to differentiate and maybe some people just don't pay that much attention to details but these royals are obvious fakes.

There seems to be different definitions of grey market in this thread between ninja and jumpman. Ninjas 'sources' state the factories are running 3rd shifts cranking out fresh XVIIs and SJs while jumpmans def alludes to the shrink of current and recent productions.

I feel like for once the thread is going in the right direction and more people with worthwhile info are posting.
I still have some questions that I wish would be answered by the people that keep saying that there are "perfect" or "very good" grey market shoes out there.
So far everything grey market i've seen has always looked a little off.  No matter how close i've always been able to tell, so if you guys could post pics of some of these pairs that people claim are worth purchasing. Obviously don't link the source, just post pics like ninja just did.

Everything I see thats grey market is easy for me to differentiate and maybe some people just don't pay that much attention to details but these royals are obvious fakes.

View media item 437893
Those snippet things you have circled mean nothing. I have those on my concords, grapes, cement 4s and plenty of other shoes. ALL were retail store bought.

View media item 437893
Those snippet things you have circled mean nothing. I have those on my concords, grapes, cement 4s and plenty of other shoes. ALL were retail store bought.

Why would concords, grapes, 4's or any of those other shoes have to do with the fact that I haven't seen that on a retail pair of royals. I've had 4 pair of 2013 royals and none have looked like that. I wish you dudes would just stick with the facts rather than reaching to make your argument.

All I'm talking about now is how easily identifiable grey markets are to me, if there are some that are good then show me.

I'm gonna say the shoe on the right is the grey pair. Its hard to tell tho. The netting used to be a dead give away. Not anymore. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom