Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes are just thirsting to flex, if you didn't cop space jams back in 09 and you don't have the money or interest in copping at resale then you have to accept that and move on.  Thats life and how things go sometimes but to spend your hard earned money on something you know isn't kosher simply because you want to be a part is weak.  Same goes for team 4 months early on instagram, some people get samples on a regular basis but if all your super early pickups are jb gr releases, stop it.

Want to be a part of what? I don't care about no damb "sneaker community" or "sneaker game" or whatever you all call it. I cop my **** to rock when I'm out here. I don't even wanna' be affiliated with any tight jean wearin, snapback rockin, weird tattoo havin' hipster nerds. I have a DS pair of Space Jams direct from Finishline in my closet right now, but If I can find another pair for less than $300 that is the same quality as those, then I'm on it. Is there something wrong with liking Jordans now? If Nike had an option to cop retro Js in OG colorways off of their site for $300, I'd cop all day, but the way things are now, I have to hope that Ebay has 'em, and then I have to pay $300 and who knows if I am even getting officials or grey markets anyways?
Nobody said anything about a sneaker community, I'm talking regular real life out here.  If you can't or don't want to go through what it takes to get something then don't but doing an end around something and acting like its all good is weak in my opinion.  No different than a dude that can only afford to cop a late model camry but because he wants to stunt so hard he grabs that 03 Bmw 745i with 180,000 miles on it just so he can say he got a beamer too. Its not a sneaker thing to me its a living a fake life thing.  If i can't get my hands on it for what i think is reasonable or wasn't able to cop when something originally dropped then it isn't the end of the world but to take the extra steps of copping something that "looks almost like it" is really something i'm not about. Just me though, do you.

You want da honest truth? we not all sneaker geeks

B..that nightwing video was borderline star treky

Level obsessive.. Im supposed to worry about da

Teeniest pigment change between boxes? Different

Color paper by da ever so slightest shade? :lol:

Son literally cut a shoe open with a hot drier and

Wondered why da air unit was popped :smh: newsflash

Folks, if they look like da retail pairs barring any

Slight cosmetic difference, no one cares..da fact that

These Royal I's are exactly like their retail counterpart

Lets u know, yes they infact that same shoes from

Da same place...common sense isn't so common

Around here...

I wasn't asking if anyone cares, I was asking what would you consider that type of shoe?

Not a difference just a flaw... a flaw that can also be found on 100% authentic pairs

One of the tags is stitched so it cuts off a small portion of the swoosh... def not something I would say is a tell tale sign of GM since Ive seen Retail pairs with the exact same issue and some GMs have perfect tongues. .
my retail Royals & Knicks do that on the right shoe

Still cheaper than copping off of Ebay, and even then, I'm not gonna' take 'em apart to see if they are grey markets. The only reason that would matter is if I wanted to ball in them, but there are way better options for balling than retro Js anyways.
Good. I think that they look better with a slight grey tint on the sole anyways. Nike will probably start doing that on future releases.

Im VERY interested to see how ur space jams are when they come. U do have the 09 to compare again right?

Yeah man. I have a DS pair of the 09 Space Jams from Finishline that have been sitting in their original box in a closet since I copped 'em on release day. That is what they will be compared to. I will point out any differences that I see between them and take detailed pics side by side.

Lemme get dis quick post in.

WTF is taking an L. Ive never taken an L from an arguement. So thats how yall measuring. If dats so im floyd mixed with sheen. Done stay winning. Also how the f*** was i "exposed" im bringing da truth tommorrow. Yall have to wait. Lol at all those comments about me. If only yall would of known.

Man, nobody is really denying that they are fakes. We are saying "grey market" to differentiate between those kicks that are identical in appearance and quality to real ones, and the see through/spongebob/raggedy swap meet fakes.

Yeah man. I have a DS pair of the 09 Space Jams from Finishline that have been sitting in their original box in a closet since I copped 'em on release day. That is what they will be compared to. I will point out any differences that I see between them and take detailed pics side by side.

Tight. I know they are gonna be ALMOST identical. Imma be curious is to how blue the sole is, and if they smell the same haha jk.......but not really

WTF is taking an L. Ive never taken an L from an arguement. So thats how yall measuring. If dats so im floyd mixed with sheen. Done stay winning. Also how the f*** was i "exposed" im bringing da truth tommorrow. Yall have to wait. Lol at all those comments about me. If only yall would of known.

:rofl:

This young man couldn't even fall asleep with all of that potent ether still soaking in his sheets.

:rofl:

Hahahahahahahahaha

My man def wasnt outta diapers when ether dropped

"Wtf is taking an L........ive never taken an L from an arguement"

Last edited:
This thread is comedy...

Do I think GM shoes are all from Nike factories. No. I just think the materials being used and the money Nike is putting into the quality of their own work is making the shoes easier to bootleg.

A plastic shoe is easier to replicate Than a leather or suede shoe IMO.

Nike cut cost to increase profit margins by using the same materials bootleggers was using 4,5 yrs ago.

Man, nobody is really denying that they are fakes. We are saying "grey market" to differentiate between those kicks that are identical in appearance and quality to real ones, and the see through/spongebob/raggedy swap meet fakes.
this tbh. if anything they're fakes by law, not by material.

if i cop a grey market Royal off ebay thinking its a retail pair theres no way to actually know its grey market because the materials are the same.

im not gonna cut my shoe open. for all i know its a legit kick

if theres no way to tell then **** it.

What if the shoes had an all real outside but no air unit or deflated air unit like the pair nightwing2303 showed in his cool grey comparison fake vs real video. I know people aren't going to dissect their shoes, but just wondering what would you guys consider that shoe if you knew that?
You want da honest truth? we not all sneaker geeks

B..that nightwing video was borderline star treky

Level obsessive.. Im supposed to worry about da

Teeniest pigment change between boxes? Different

Color paper by da ever so slightest shade?
laugh.gif

Son literally cut a shoe open with a hot drier and

Wondered why da air unit was popped
mean.gif
newsflash

Folks, if they look like da retail pairs barring any

Slight cosmetic difference, no one cares..da fact that

These Royal I's are exactly like their retail counterpart

Lets u know, yes they infact that same shoes from

Da same place...common sense isn't so common

Around here...
plus half these dudes wear the shoes casually, so they'll never be able o tell if they really 'feel' different from official pairs.

Last edited:

Bruh.... This can't be life.

"Done stay winning"

Sig check

Last edited:
plus half these dudes wear he shoes casually, so they'll never be able o tell if they really 'feel' different from official pairs.
Yeah i know that, probably more than 90% of Jordans are worn casually. My question is what would you consider that type of shoe and for people who collect shoes how would you view that shoe.

Last edited:
This thread is comedy...

Do I think GM shoes are all from Nike factories. No. I just think the materials being used and the money Nike is putting into the quality of their own work is making the shoes easier to bootleg.

A plastic shoe is easier to replicate Than a leather or suede shoe IMO.

Nike cut cost to increase profit margins by using the same materials bootleggers was using 4,5 yrs ago.

I dont think some of you have enough comprehension of manufacturing processes to realize how truly unprecedented it is that these are made of ALL the same materials.

Identical 300 denier, 3M, Suede, carbon fiber, even dead on acurate embossed/printed Dorenbecher materials.

Also I could see this being big business and a major reason behind all of the Nike restocks...

If you're into black market business stuff all u had to do is wait for a shoe to release, sellout, take the kicks you bought wholesale and put em on eBay or a website for double sometimes triple the initial retail. People just called u a "reseller" thought none of it and paid the price :lol:

If cats counterfeit currency and can make it pass as the real deal ain't no telling how many cats are out there counterfeiting sneakers to the T

I dont think some of you have enough comprehension of manufacturing processes to realize how truly unprecedented it is that these are made of ALL the same materials.

Identical 300 denier, 3M, Suede, carbon fiber, even dead on acurate embossed/printed Dorenbecher materials.
so you're saying they have to come from Nike?

thats what i thought. they're just made off the clock

plus half these dudes wear he shoes casually, so they'll never be able o tell if they really 'feel' different from official pairs.
Yeah i know that, probably more than 90% of Jordans are worn casually. My question is what would you consider that type of shoe and for people who collect shoes how would you view that shoe.

I can't speak on that. I cop all my kicks because I like them and I wear them. If you are a "collector" then of course you aren't going to want some grey markets.

Also I could see this being big business and a major reason behind all of the Nike restocks...

If you're into black market business stuff all u had to do is wait for a shoe to release, sellout, take the kicks you bought wholesale and put em on eBay or a website for double sometimes triple the initial retail. People just called u a "reseller" thought none of it and paid the price
laugh.gif

If cats counterfeit currency and can make it pass as the real deal ain't no telling how many cats are out there counterfeiting sneakers to the T
It already is big business, dudes are getting got all the time for fake db4s and yeezys.  Show them a picture of the real and send them the fake but most can pick out fake yeezys, a lot can't even see whats visually wrong with the fake db4s.

They don't even have to be made by Nike or in the same factory. I know a cat who owns a shoe company. When he wanted to have the shoes made, he brought old versions that he had copped through Ebay to the manufacturers in China. They replicated them exactly with perfect quality. It is no different for Js. If a manufacturer in China gets a hold of a real pair of Js, they can replicate them perfectly. My suspicion is that someone at the Nike factory is making these, or running backroom deals and snatching up B grades for resale, or samples and/ or molds and left over materials, and providing those items to another factory for black market replication.

Bro none of what u name is near the quality it was 5-6 years ago...

And the carbon fiber everyone refers to on these Jordans I strongly believe is plastic.
The Kevlar on the lebron elites? I've seen numerous pairs come out the box w/ chips and cracks in the pieces :lol:

Bottom line, these sneakers are not being made w/ the quality materials/craftsmanship that they are being marketed as

They don't even have to be made by Nike or in the same factory. I know a cat who owns a shoe company. When he wanted to have the shoes made, he brought old versions that he had copped through Ebay to the manufacturers in China. They replicated them exactly with perfect quality. It is no different for Js. If a manufacturer in China gets a hold of a real pair of Js, they can replicate them perfectly. My suspicion is that someone at the Nike factory is making these, or running backroom deals and snatching up B grades for resale, or samples and/ or molds and left over materials, and providing those items to another factory for black market replication.
damn thats crazy

if i got those GM Royals off ebay thinking they were legit there would be no way to tell based off those pics

oh well, got my pair on release day. when i double up it'll be impossible to tell....im not boutta lose sleep over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom