Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear difference in another shoe besides Space Jams. Retail on left, GM on right. I understand they're using the same materials, and molds, but not all the same quality measuring techniques. If someone here has a Black Grape 5 with a better back than this, please post. Also, this dude is hilarious that did the comparison, but like many others, he says over and over "it's the same s***!" It's not though.
Is this the cowboy dude? 
roll.gif

dont hold your breath, im 99% sure GM DB III's will not be for sale. Those were so damn limited.

if they can make DB 4s...they can make the 3s. These factories are fully aware of what's hot in the states. Nike makes them limited by only requesting a certain number of pairs to be made. But again, what's to stop the factories from making 10, 20, 50, 100 more? I doubt supplies are limited.

Hopefully in the next month we'll find out. Would certainly the ease the pain of that cluster**** of a release on Saturday.

idk, ill be shocked but im fully confident they wont drop.

they are using legit materials and what not, but these with very limited and even GM sites especially AR didnt know about them. whats that tell you?

This theory you guys came up with of same factory has sooooooooooo many holes in....how come when they make db4s ray Allen 13s etc there completely different ...how come there shape is always off on every retro if there same ?? miss me with jb quality answer too .......how hard is to understand these shoes are fake there's no grey area for these just fake fam and yes I've read the whole thread
Thats the thing though, its not a theory anymore. Its no doubt happening, weve seen genuine articles describing the problem that their contracted factories are making a surplus of shoes. Ninja has posted articles that describing the cases for both Nike and New Balance. So lets get away from that third shift pairs are still a theory because its not. Now jyung pointed out in our back in forth is the scale at which theyre doing it at. Which places are selling High Quality Fakes and which are selling actual GM shoes. Maybe those DB4s and Ray allen 13s arent actually GM shoes and are high quality fakes. Although there are people that have bought the shoes that complain about differences and quality there just as many people praising them for looking just as good or better than their retail equivalent.

This article is talking about about a problem Adidas was having as far back as 1997 where a place the article listed as "SUPERMARKET" was acquiring legitimate Adidas products, from shoes to perfumes, through the "backdoor" of legit Adidas factories. And selling them for lower prices. Just an example of how it's happening across brands and has BEEN happening.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+GREY+MARKET;+How+superstores+are+beating+price-fixing.-a060996687

This.

Chances are we're not seeing people post pictures of 3rd shift shoes because they have no doubt in their minds that the shoes are authorized. Very few consumers know where the M&P shops without Nike/JB accounts get their Jordans and Foams from, but many people buy from them without questioning whether they were approved by Nike. As a result, they may chalk up quality issues to NIke poor QC when the shoes in their hands may have never gone through QC checks to begin with.

Lol these tiny pics on my phone and can still spot them fakes. Sock liner is a dead giveaway. All i know is ive seen some passin these off as legit and its messed up. Ruins it for people with real s**t.

grey market/fakes whatever you want to call them.I was going to order the same pair .royals never came with a hang tag.Another person posted the same pair but the box was wrong then he sent them back i believe  and it looked like they just corrected his box but same shoe

Last edited:
I'm ordering a pair of royals from a different TB seller than the infamous two everyone uses. These photos have made me wanna take the jump. Honestly, they look really good and I'm not paying $400+ from a resller for a pair of 1's, idgaf no way. I found them for $130 on TB, to me that's a low enough price that I'll risk the gamble of getting a hangtag that I can cut off, lol. From the photos, that's the only distinguishable difference from the RD pairs. I do agree that sometimes the Jordan wings look small, but that's not on every pair. 

BC3's are next also because those are literally identical.

thanks to the guys that take the time to post their photos and testimonials knowing damn well people will hate on them... 

repped if you do. 

I'm also looking at a TB seller that has everything from air max, brons, kobes, nike cortez, roshe runs, kd's, other nike runners, AF1's, adidas shell toes, pretty much tons of shoes...

They can't ALL be fake or GM. These GM as well? 

It's not off, it's just the angle or size of the shoe. If you look at the actual store photos you can tell, does look a little funky tho but it's the same distance from the bottom of the blue cut leather and from the black leather above the swoosh. Maybe it's just smaller, but it def looks like it's close to those two points. Plus you can see the slanted toe box in the photo where the shoe is laying on the money. The photo below it doesn't appear to be AS slanted as it does in the other photo

CSI ROYALS, lol... where is ICE T at when you need him? Probably hunting down AP9. 

Last edited:
It's not off, it's just the angle or size of the shoe. If you look at the actual store photos you can tell, does look a little funky tho but it's the same distance from the bottom of the blue cut leather and from the black leather above the swoosh. Maybe it's just smaller, but it def looks like it's close to those two points. Plus you can see the slanted toe box in the photo where the shoe is laying on the money. The photo below it doesn't appear to be AS slanted as it does in the other photo

CSI ROYALS, lol... where is ICE T at when you need him? Probably hunting down AP9. 
be careful with that spot looks like they post a pic of a legit royal but then send you a pair like the pair posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom