Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad people are realizing these "gm" shoes are high quality fakes ....the whole same factory and same materials theory is completely falling apart
"Often, fakes are fairly obvious, featuring poor stitching or misshapen swooshes, made in“small-scale, rural ‘workshop’ operations [that are]  difficult to track.”

But Nike maintains that its real problem isn’t these rogue mom-and-pop sweatshops. Much of the illicit fare in the markets is the genuine article, made by their own subcontractors."

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html. i feel like this is the 10th posting an article thats been posted tons of times before. but i guess you cant read with blind eyes now can you?

Last edited:
I'm glad people are realizing these "gm" shoes are high quality fakes ....the whole same factory and same materials theory is completely falling apart
Uhh, some guy just explained how they have the actual materials.  But at some point they could run out and not have a way to get more (like we think with the Royals), and that is why some of these GM sneakers appear to just be high quality replicas.

as far as quality goes, I agree 100% that most GM sneakers have flaws, the reason I think is because there is no such thing as quality control as they are not authorized nor do they pass any quality check standards that NIKE does with the authorized pairs that make it to retail. I have owned authorized "b" grade space jams with poorer quality than my GM pair. I'll post pictures if I can find them through my HDD.

Uhh, some guy just explained how they have the actual materials.  But at some point they could run out and not have a way to get more (like we think with the Royals), and that is why some of these GM sneakers appear to just be high quality replicas.
Although is a possible for some clothing brands i dont believe this is the case for nike. the guy posted about licenses expiring and not being able to purchase anymore materials but if these factories have expired licenses how are the still producing and keeping up with releases? My thoughts are that these are just fakes. point blank period. kinstor and rstor and other taobao sellers saw a demand and i tried to fill it with an inferior product from an inferior manufacturer. 

i wonder how many stores on fordham rd, southern blvd etc are hip to these gm sites and be getting them early selling them for $300-$400 b4 release date. those space jams look beautiful up there

non uniform cf ... you were saying

Im assuming you were talking about my gm pair and how the cf plate is "off". I agree, again, no quality control, but here are those authorized b grades I bought from a nike factory store, notice the same cf plate being "off" - yet these are authorized. Again, im not here to try to change anyone's opinion, we all have our own and I respect that. I just want to bring TANGIBLE information that I went out and got on my own. Oh, and I would 100% take my GM pairs over the "B" grades I bought which were authorized by NIKE any day. Look at that horrible patent leather cut/crease thing from the factory run.

these are my pictures:

View media item 527404

I'm having dinner tonight with a friend whose family manufactures product for a few luxury shoe brands. Will see what he has to say about GM stuff and circle back here.

This will be an ever going argument/debate.

But why won't it stop?

because some people have a hard time having a neutral opinion. this means they look for any and everything that can discredit what is really going on.

I could tell someone the sky is blue with white clouds but they still wont believe it even when staring at it.

This will be an ever going argument/debate.

But why won't it stop?
the arguments always settle until people who have no genuine interest in this thread or learning about GM shoes disregard anything and everything provided in the 147 pages just to say things like[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]..........[/font]
it never had any weight just dudes turining a blind eye to it

I just pulled out my authorized thunders, size 9.5, and mine have slight widow's peaks on the toebox also, so thats not off.
Only thing I noticed was yours have a slightly taller heel tab (could be the angle), and your jumpman is just a tiny bit bigger than mine on the back. Besides that, nothing crazy.

I like the thread if it was purely for informative purposes. Like how some of us are actually posting information and side by side comparisons to let others make their own judgement on them. Not trying to persuade each other on the fake vs. legit without supplying tangible info.

"Often, fakes are fairly obvious, featuring poor stitching or misshapen swooshes, made in“small-scale, rural ‘workshop’ operations [that are]  difficult to track.”

But Nike maintains that its real problem isn’t these rogue mom-and-pop sweatshops. Much of the illicit fare in the markets is the genuine article, made by their own subcontractors."

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html. i feel like this is the 10th posting an article thats been posted tons of times before. but i guess you cant read with blind eyes now can you?
Quoting this cause it's a great article, not just for the sake of grey market shoes, but for problems that are going on in third-world countries.

In my opinion, GM's might actually help out these factories.. hopefully the workers too and not just a greedy manager that runs the factories (which might be it in this case.. so i take back my opinion).

Maybe it's the only way for some of the workers to make a decent living from working in the factories?  Who knows.. these problems are larger than us discussing little flaws in GM pairs compared to our RD pairs.

Anyways, end rant..

Quoting this cause it's a great article, not just for the sake of grey market shoes, but for problems that are going on in third-world countries.

In my opinion, GM's might actually help out these factories.. hopefully the workers too and not just a greedy manager that runs the factories (which might be it in this case.. so i take back my opinion).

Maybe it's the only way for some of the workers to make a decent living from working in the factories?  Who knows.. these problems are larger than us discussing little flaws in GM pairs compared to our RD pairs.

Anyways, end rant..
Glad someones actually reading the articles being posted

My pair is also from FNL. The peak is hard to see from this angle but its there.

it's funny that something really similar to this topic is going on in a car forum i'm in haha.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41609

here's the thread if you guys want to take a look.

in summary- a vendor posted a "USDM limited edition" pair of tail lights of a highly anticipated model from TOM's racing. however, people have been scooping info that they are "replicas" and were a pitched design that was rejected by TOM's made by another reputable manufacturer by the name of HELIX and not the contracted manufacturer DEPO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom