GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Nike sells you crap for $180, the "Grey Market" sells you crap for $145.

Simple math here folks.
Dude just exit stage left. You haven't been paying attention. GMs sells for more than retail.

Not if you know where to look :lol:

hipping charges from china is what kills you and the payment they accept but taobao is a place with GM for the low just gotta have a connect to get you w/e without killing you on shipping

Don't tell him. He knows all. He called for this thread to be made so he could fight the good fight. Gotta protect the Swoosh's bottomline. Leave Mark alone.
LOL...this guy. I know all about the chinese websites. But it's a bigger gamble if you don't wanna use an agent. You could and are very likely to end up with an inferior GM shoe as opposed to what you'd get from the more expensive sites. The more expensive sites atleast filter out some of the more ridiculous garbage that is made in the grey market. If you wanna roll the dice and see what you get at 160, without an agent...then go for it. 

And is this 160 shipped? POST YOUR PROOF

AND you can post websites. It's already been discussed with mods. You can list websites, vendors, any of that...AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T PROMOTING OR ENDORSING IT. 

If we are using it for educational purposes, it's all fair game. 

And 99% of all GM sneakers purchased in the states are for more than retail, often waaaaaay more and equal to resell value, and are being represented as authentic. THIS IS THE ISSUE.

Lastly, I couldn't care less about Nike's bottomline. This has ZERO to do with morals for me. GM is an inferior product. And it's a huge epidemic that's grown in our hobby. Copping on Ebay years ago was easy. Now it's a huge deceitful arena, and you have to sift thru all the lies and garbage to get the real thing. That's my issue, not the legality or morals. If GMs WERE the exact same thing, with the same materials, quality, control, and competitive pricing, I'd be all over it.

You're sounding like the GM poster boy right now btw.

Last edited:
Oh am I? Is that what I sound like?

Let me check. Hold on.

Ok, just checked, and as expected, neither I or anyone else cares.

Where have I said that anyone should buy ANYTHING? I made a statement in regards to the financial situation surrounding PISS POOR QUALITY product from a reputable brand, as opposed to just as PISS POOR QUALITY from the human beings actually making the sneakers without the brands consent.

I have a pair from the pack. I won't be purchasing another pair anytime soon as those are still very much in great condition. So this isn't about "me", pleighboi.

I made my comment, not directed at you or anyone else, and you decided to address me. Why you're politicking so hard in regards to other peoples' wallets, I don't know.

Because this isn't about "helping the community". That doesn't exist anymore. NikeTalk is browsed, trolled, and pillaged by everyone and their mother now. I don't need to help the GM. They have half the music industry and 70% of Instagram doing that for them.

If anything, I'd hope that people could see the ridiculous nature in buying anything from the Jordan Brand at full price at this point...

BECAUSE YOU CAN GET THE SAME THING FOR CHEAPER, EARLIER, WEAR THEM, BEAT THEM, THEN THROW THEM AWAY BEFORE THEY "RELEASE" IN THE STATES.

But I guess that maybe I'm just getting too old.

/comment
Stop with it being the SAME THING. GMs are not the same shoe. You're foolish to think so and you know better.

LOL this guy actually thinks it's the same shoe. Ok Ninjahood, we hear you. "It's da same shoe, b !!!!!!"

Last edited:
Your evidence is irrelevant to your argument. If you buy GM 2014 6's you are getting different shoes than the release 2014 6's you you claim you are getting.

And no one is arguing against JB shoes these days are poorer quality and more expensive. But you're just using that to cross over to another angle on your arguement, when it's completely irrelevant to the convo.

Yeah, the shoes are worse now. Yes they cost more. BUT NO, GMs ARE NOT THE SAME THING. 

Bring up more irrelevant facts like differences between each reiteration of every retro, it doesn't change the fact that the GMs look like NONE of them. They look like bastardized versions of the current retro, while attempting to look identical to it.

Last edited:
Don't tell him. He knows all. He called for this thread to be made so he could fight the good fight. Gotta protect the Swoosh's bottomline. Leave Mark alone.
LOL...this guy. I know all about the chinese websites. But it's a bigger gamble if you don't wanna use an agent. You could and are very likely to end up with an inferior GM shoe as opposed to what you'd get from the more expensive sites. The more expensive sites atleast filter out some of the more ridiculous garbage that is made in the grey market. If you wanna roll the dice and see what you get at 160, without an agent...then go for it. 

And is this 160 shipped? POST YOUR PROOF

AND you can post websites. It's already been discussed with mods. You can list websites, vendors, any of that...AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T PROMOTING OR ENDORSING IT. 

If we are using it for educational purposes, it's all fair game. 
And 99% of all GM sneakers purchased in the states are for more than retail, often waaaaaay more and equal to resell value, and are being represented as authentic. THIS IS THE ISSUE.

Lastly, I couldn't care less about Nike's bottomline. This has ZERO to do with morals for me. GM is an inferior product. And it's a huge epidemic that's grown in our hobby. Copping on Ebay years ago was easy. Now it's a huge deceitful arena, and you have to sift thru all the lies and garbage to get the real thing. That's my issue, not the legality or morals. If GMs WERE the exact same thing, with the same materials, quality, control, and competitive pricing, I'd be all over it.

You're sounding like the GM poster boy right now btw.

http://kinstor.taobao.com/?v=1

Not sure what shipping costs are, but most of them sell for around $105.

View media item 1111295
This pic pretty much ends the discussion of GMs being made in Nike factories by factory workers.

its true some replica factories receives a few of the earliest legit pairs (sometimes samples) since some have factory connects and smuggle it out. (its documented how they smuggle it out, sometimes throwing them over the fence or hiding them in their clothes)
now will they sell you these few pairs? no they will sell you a replica of it

your chance of getting those unauthorized pairs from the same nike factory, you not being in China and not having a connect, are so slim
and those would be exactly the same as a retail pair anyways, and the unauthorized/GM debate wouldn't even come up.

Last edited:
Too many people argue for and and against GM pairs who have never seen these shoes in hand.

GM sellers make them look great in pictures online, some even use pictures of authentic pairs to suck you in and then send you GM pairs.

The first GM pairs I was ever able to examine in hand were Nightshade 11 Lows and Concord 11 Lows and while they are a mildly acceptable reproduction theres no way you'd ever call them the same.

Everything about them was low budget and according to people that buy GM pairs regularly they were some of the best they'd ever seen.

A perfect example that people are seeing play out right now are columbia 11s, gm factory owners pay people to steal samples and then use those samples to reproduce the fakes.  Which is why there are different 2014 columbia gms floating around with different colored soles.  They know that once retail pairs are out their shoes will no longer sell for a premium so they capitalize on people that don't have patience.

My Brother in law collects JB and never EVER wears any of them.
He recently bought two pair of the Black Infrared 6 that he is wearing for work, from a site called repkicks.
One was labeled Authentic for $199
1 was labeled SuperMaxPerfect for $105.

He told me this today which lead me to the Black Infrared 6 thread which led me here.

He said the production dates are 5/14/14-6/7/14, so it's likely the ones pictures here are from that or a similar site.

Edit: I visited this site today and, the price for the Ones they call "authentic" and you guys call GM were more than retail because they were $199, but the SuperMax he said were $105, and they only difference he could tell between the two were the reflective material in the holes was more evident on the "authentic" pair but was still evident on the SuperMax pair

Last edited:
My Brother in law collects JB and never EVER wears any of them.
He recently bought two pair of the Black Infrared 6 that he is wearing for work, from a site called repkicks.
One was labeled Authentic for $199
1 was labeled SuperMaxPerfect for $105.

He told me this today which lead me to the Black Infrared 6 thread which led me here.

He said the production dates are 5/14/14-6/7/14, so it's likely the ones pictures here are from that or a similar site.

Neither are authentic both are fakes with one being a better replica than the other.

He knows, I know. He could are less. I can't blame him honestly. He will be one of the guys trying to grab on release day also, and is quite sure he will strike out.
He's wanted 8 different models that have dropped this year. He's been able to grab only ONE pair, via raffle and that was the Infrared/White 6.
I come in and out of the game every few years, and when I normally bow I out again, it's due to the fact that I can't grab a shoe I want without an extraordinary amount of time and effort expended.
I don't really blame him for taking his dollar elsewhere, when a company he's supported for years, can't supply his wants.

Last edited:
I'll cop a pair of GM's without a care in the world. Shoes like bred and royal 1's are near impossible to buy for retail if you don't have time on your hands. And I refuse to accept the $400-$500 resell tag, #%^* the hype the shoe isn't worth that price. That's high end premium material prices. So I'll buy the $150 GM and if you want to study my foot to notice the difference so be it. I'm no sucker for the resellers.

zoom air units are easy to replicate. i have a pair that was sent to me by a seller.

every shoe that is supposed to have full length or heel will have em in there.
whoa, so these shoes are even cushioned with the same proprietary nike tech? 

I'll cop a pair of GM's without a care in the world. Shoes like bred and royal 1's are near impossible to buy for retail if you don't have time on your hands. And I refuse to accept the $400-$500 resell tag, #%^* the hype the shoe isn't worth that price. That's high end premium material prices. So I'll buy the $150 GM and if you want to study my foot to notice the difference so be it. I'm no sucker for the resellers.

I can understand people grabbing GM's now after my last run this year in the JordanRetro game.
I like to wear my Jordans no matter the model and I LOVE low tops so this should have been an amazing year for me.
I missed on every low released this year except the Concord and I won 2 raffles.
Couldn't even find a trade for the second Concord on a nightshade or a Infrared 11, so I returned the second Concord at the 45 day mark.
I quit the game again, and then dumped all my hightops that I was "able" to buy this and last year. I kept a 6 White/Infrared and a 5 fire Red silver tounge, because I rock those regularly even though they are hightops.

GMs probably lacing up hundreds of thousands of customers who feel like I do.
JB has created a high customer base for the GM sites, good job JB

Last edited:
i need to review this thread

so any early pair of black infrared VI are fake? good to know, an no this wasnt from a chinese website/seller either. they were selling for $400, they look so real im confused, so they are from the factory but not authorized.........so is that even fake?

also, independence day pack am90s must be faked also because it seems they come into stock all of a sudden, an i dont mean from bootleggers either, ppl who sell legit kicks or high end stuff, did they come in stock recently in the UK? so ppl are selling GM?

These VIs look bad either way. I been rocking my infared pack VIs and now these new schoolers gonna think I got fakes smh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom