Griffey Appreciation Vol. No Juice

I mean, Canseco did say Griff is clean and his word actually means something. I honestly believe he is the only clean one, he's has had the same body framethroughout his career and was injury prone in his later years.

Funny thing is out of the 10 players who have reached the 500 HR club in our generation (1990-___), only three have not been linked to any steroid or PED use.

a) Griffey
b) Thome
c) Frank Thomas

For all of you head detectives trying to pull up stats to back up your cynical accusations, it's a known fact that he didn't use. Jose Canseco, who mayI add is batting a thousand on names he has dropped, said and I quote "Griffey never used, he has always been clean."

/thread

197847_50339_front.jpg
197710_42385_front.jpg

pimp.gif

For all of you head detectives trying to pull up stats to back up your cynical accusations, it's a known fact that he didn't use. Jose Canseco, who may I add is batting a thousand on names he has dropped, said and I quote "Griffey never used, he has always been clean."

February 11, 2008:
Canseco comes to Clemens' defense

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of the biggest whistleblowers in the baseball steroids investigation is coming to Roger Clemens' defense.

The accusations in this case have been shifting faster than a professional race car driver in a Ferrari. This whole affair with Clemens got off to a quick start. There have been a lot of curves in the road, and the finish line in terms of public opinion could reach way beyond this Wednesday's congressional hearing.

Now, former big league slugger and admitted steroid user, Jose Canseco, has gotten in on the act, rebuking claims made by Roger Clemens' former trainer, Brian McNamee.

Canseco does admit that he and Roger Clemens did discuss steroids in a joking manner, but that he doesn't believe the Rocket ever injected HGH or steroids.

hand_reaching.jpg
Clearly you are RyGuy45. Canseco was out of the league when Roger was injected with HGH by McNamee. If you have a personal crusade to accuseGriffey, your words are falling upon def ears. Keep up the hard work though Columbo
tongue.gif

I mean Canseco was never fully100% sure on Clemens and he was being honest (he said he didn't think he did anything).

Canseco seems pretty adamant in his response to Griff.

I'm just sayin'.

Clearly you are RyGuy45. Canseco was out of the league when Roger was injected with HGH by McNamee. If you have a personal crusade to accuse Griffey, your words are falling upon def ears. Keep up the hard work though Columbo
tongue.gif

Well i never once said Grif juiced. I said IMO the blanket "Kid is clean, end of story" statements we keep seeing on here are a tad offbase. Innocent until proven guilty, yes. Unquestionably no doubt clean where dudes get riled up to no end when his name comes up? No. And that was mypoint. Just discussion and things to think about.

Canseco not only was in the league when Roger started getting roided up he was even on his own team. McNamee has stated he started injecting Roger in1998. Roger was a member of Toronto. Jose Canseco was also a member of Toronto. He also then played four more seasons, including ANOTHER one with Clemens inNew York. Jose was not out of the league.

I'm havin fun with all this, there is no right or wrong answer let me be clear
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
And Jose yes is the most trustworthy guy still.

Jose also to his credit I believe has since come out and said he now does not know one way or the other if Roger did it. Note here Jose also was the one whosaid Roger was the one player who never cheated on his wife on the road, and Roger was never at his pool party. Roger's got something on Jose I think!

If you don't furiously masturbate at the alter of Griffey you a terrible human being and know nothing about baseball.
ohwell.gif

Griffey was my favorite player as a kid, by far...but I honestly can't for sure believe, based on the almost non-stop inclusion of all these players thelast few years, that he DIDN'T use...

This whole era of the MLB will have to have an asterisk beside it, because now it has become a situation where you can't definitively prove a player was100% clean...

...and I read something yesterday amidst the Manny coverage that they still can't test for HGH? Anyone know any further about that?

Ken Griffey Jr. should be the new spokesman for Mr. Clean (#+*+ that bald guy).

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

If you don't furiously masturbate at the alter of Griffey you a terrible human being and know nothing about baseball.
ohwell.gif

31e35b0d4a50773f6205bb99fdabfefe7e2e74f.pjpg

Why do you constantly have to troll in these threads? You never contribute anything and yes everyone knows you don't like Griffey fans.

Definitely appreciate the Kid, but I also agree with his injuries, it's not a bizaare concept to believe that there may be a chance he took roids. As fornow, nothing is out about him so we shouldn't be trippin. I love baseball and always will, but this witch hunt for Roid users is shasting an annoying cloudover the Major League.

I love Griffey and I always will for his loyalty to Seattle.
Right now he's at the point where be accepts the fact that he won't win a championship, yet he comes back to try to make Seattle baseball is relevant.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

For all of you head detectives trying to pull up stats to back up your cynical accusations, it's a known fact that he didn't use. Jose Canseco, who may I add is batting a thousand on names he has dropped, said and I quote "Griffey never used, he has always been clean."

/thread
canseco also claimed clemens never used so he's only batting .9999999

we will never know if griffey used or didn;t use, but it's hard for me to believe he went from being a 20 HR hitter for like 4 years to all of a sudden 45,40, 49, 56, 56, 48 right around when sosa and mcgwire were breaking those records.....

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
sometimes your comments are borderline you know what butthis puts it over the top
laugh.gif

I thought roids helped with injuries? If that is the case how could he have been juicing if he was always out?

iNiNe5 wrote:
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

/thread
canseco also claimed clemens never used so he's only batting .9999999

we will never know if griffey used or didn;t use, but it's hard for me to believe he went from being a 20 HR hitter for like 4 years to all of a sudden 45, 40, 49, 56, 56, 48 right around when sosa and mcgwire were breaking those records.....

Try again
laugh.gif

Canseco never claimed Roger didn't use, he said he wasn't sure. There is a big difference, nice way of twisting words though to make your argument seemvalid.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

the slurping of Griffey on NT is ridiculous.
you can def put griffey and penny in the same category on NT with anyone saying a damn word

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

it's hard for me to believe he went from being a 20 HR hitter for like 4 years to all of a sudden 45, 40, 49, 56, 56, 48
Same progression as Mantle, they both got to the majors at 19, and then exploded at 23

Back
Top Bottom