Grindtime (US) vs Fliptop (PI) updates on pg 1

Don't get me wrong or anything but I honestly thought that DBD should have won that rap battle. Anyways, regardless of the result it was fun to watch.

Don't get me wrong or anything but I honestly thought that DBD should have won that rap battle. Anyways, regardless of the result it was fun to watch.

Originally Posted by melo15fan

Totally agree with you man. I find fliptop judging biased. Big fan of the emcees but not the results. DBD vs. Anygma was an example of that. I'm pretty sure a good portion of the crowd didn't understand what Anygma was saying half the time. Another example was the Sin City vs. Skarm battle. Judges seemed to play safe with that one too. Nevertheless, I hope Fliptop grows even bigger and stays for the long run.

Originally Posted by melo15fan

Totally agree with you man. I find fliptop judging biased. Big fan of the emcees but not the results. DBD vs. Anygma was an example of that. I'm pretty sure a good portion of the crowd didn't understand what Anygma was saying half the time. Another example was the Sin City vs. Skarm battle. Judges seemed to play safe with that one too. Nevertheless, I hope Fliptop grows even bigger and stays for the long run.

sneakername wrote:
melo15fan wrote:

just saw the video and i would have to agree with these observations as i arrived on the same conclusion myself...

first off let us not forget that anygma has the most coveted "home court advantage"
laugh.gif

but i am not stating in anyway that anygma is an inferior lyricist compared to DBD. its just that this is a RAP BATTLE and IMHO the rhyming style that has the most impact during battles are punchlines and wordplays. these styles (think eminem & big l) would usually clinch a victory in a rap battle if you ask me. if you listen to anygma he's on that esoteric style of rhyming (think rass kass, pharoahe monch) and though he did kick those deep words and lines, for me DBD's punchlines are more effective in embarrassing and dismantling his opponent... thats why IMHO DBD won the battle.

just my thoughts

sneakername wrote:
melo15fan wrote:

just saw the video and i would have to agree with these observations as i arrived on the same conclusion myself...

first off let us not forget that anygma has the most coveted "home court advantage"
laugh.gif

but i am not stating in anyway that anygma is an inferior lyricist compared to DBD. its just that this is a RAP BATTLE and IMHO the rhyming style that has the most impact during battles are punchlines and wordplays. these styles (think eminem & big l) would usually clinch a victory in a rap battle if you ask me. if you listen to anygma he's on that esoteric style of rhyming (think rass kass, pharoahe monch) and though he did kick those deep words and lines, for me DBD's punchlines are more effective in embarrassing and dismantling his opponent... thats why IMHO DBD won the battle.

just my thoughts

i just finish watching the video and i agree with most of you, DBD definitly won that battle, anygma sounded more like a poetic rapper but in terms of rap battle like who had better punch line, and funny wordplays DBD definitly destroyd enygma, he really embarrass enygma and i think thats the whole point of a rap battle, destroying your opponets with incredible ryhming words and funny punch lines.. the judges was definitly bias.. o well it was still very interesting 2 watch tho..

i just finish watching the video and i agree with most of you, DBD definitly won that battle, anygma sounded more like a poetic rapper but in terms of rap battle like who had better punch line, and funny wordplays DBD definitly destroyd enygma, he really embarrass enygma and i think thats the whole point of a rap battle, destroying your opponets with incredible ryhming words and funny punch lines.. the judges was definitly bias.. o well it was still very interesting 2 watch tho..

Originally Posted by superswag

sneakername wrote:
melo15fan wrote:

laugh.gif

just my thoughts

This.

DBD definitely should have one that but Anygma definitely wasn't trailing behind.

Originally Posted by superswag

sneakername wrote:
melo15fan wrote:

laugh.gif

just my thoughts

This.

DBD definitely should have one that but Anygma definitely wasn't trailing behind.

could have been better if they send it to OT.

dbd = entertainer
anygma = artist

cant go wrong with both

could have been better if they send it to OT.

dbd = entertainer
anygma = artist

cant go wrong with both

Interesting battle... I'm amazed at Anygma's vocabulary but the cadence on his verses sounds too preachy for a rap battle.

Interesting battle... I'm amazed at Anygma's vocabulary but the cadence on his verses sounds too preachy for a rap battle.

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Very well put. Definitely showed some depth and education there. Don't know anything about his background but I was floored by his choice of words.

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Very well put. Definitely showed some depth and education there. Don't know anything about his background but I was floored by his choice of words.

Back
Top Bottom