Gucci Mane Feat. Talib Kweli - Poltergeist [Prod By Zaytoven]

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

To me Kweli is the exact opposite of Gucci, the antithesis even

Even dudes who listen to Gucci acknowledge that dude has little to no rapping skill and even sometimes in rare cases admit it's %#+* %+## (think minstrel)
It's usually them same dudes who be on some "Oh you listen to that Mos Def/Talib Kweli stuff huh? You like to read huh? Ain't nobody tryin to hear that in the club, what the chicks wanna hear? Gucci. Not that dictionary rap."

Are there ppl who are fans of both? Prob but I predict a very small percentage

Doing a collabo with him doesn't add to Kweli's fanbase in anyway shape or form and If anything alienates his old fans (I'm still gonna rock with him regardless cuz he makes good music but I'm still disappointed)
I'll even predict that the majority of the Gucci fans that listen to this song will either tune Kweli's part out and not pay attention to the lyrics, hit the back button before Kweli comes on or find a version that's Kweli-less if a remix with Waka and OJ replacing him doesn't come out in the near future

I understand he doesn't like to be put into the "Conscious" box but c'mon son
Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
If that makes me a hater sign me up for the Buckwild spot with Star; I'm done
Shut up. Kweli ethered cats like you on his Twitter weeks ago.

Even dudes who listen to Gucci acknowledge that dude has little to no rapping skill and even sometimes in rare cases admit it's %#+* %+## (think minstrel)
It's usually them same dudes who be on some "Oh you listen to that Mos Def/Talib Kweli stuff huh? You like to read huh? Ain't nobody tryin to hear that in the club, what the chicks wanna hear? Gucci. Not that dictionary rap."

Doing a collabo with him doesn't add to Kweli's fanbase in anyway shape or form and If anything alienates his old fans (I'm still gonna rock with him regardless cuz he makes good music but I'm still disappointed)
I'll even predict that the majority of the Gucci fans that listen to this song will either tune Kweli's part out and not pay attention to the lyrics, hit the back button before Kweli comes on or find a version that's Kweli-less if a remix with Waka and OJ replacing him doesn't come out in the near future

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH

He maybe a fan for all I know, but do you really think most Gucci fans who have preconceived notions about Kweli and what he raps about are really gonna give an honest listen much less like and appreciate it? 
grin.gif

If Jay does a a track with Waka, u dont thinks his fans ain't gonna be like 
sick.gif
 either?

They still gonna support like I'm gonna but at the same time they still gonna have that 
eyes.gif
 face

I'm far from elitist

I'm not one of those dudes that be on some "Screw Lil Wayne/TI/Jay-Z he a sellout, all I like is underground and east coast rap, that real Hip Hop" and all that type steez

But cmon son

He maybe a fan for all I know, but do you really think most Gucci fans who have preconceived notions about Kweli and what he raps about are really gonna give an honest listen much less like and appreciate it? 
grin.gif

If Jay does a a track with Waka, u dont thinks his fans ain't gonna be like 
sick.gif
 either?

They still gonna support like I'm gonna but at the same time they still gonna have that 
eyes.gif
 face

I'm far from elitist

I'm not one of those dudes that be on some "Screw Lil Wayne/TI/Jay-Z he a sellout, all I like is underground and east coast rap, that real Hip Hop" and all that type steez

But cmon son

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he wasnt even hating... half of the music forum is people that try to talk like record execs and you get upset at his reply?
laugh.gif

I actually zoned out and didnt even acknowledge talib the first time I played this, I think he's right
laugh.gif

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he wasnt even hating... half of the music forum is people that try to talk like record execs and you get upset at his reply?
laugh.gif

I actually zoned out and didnt even acknowledge talib the first time I played this, I think he's right
laugh.gif

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
Basically.
laugh.gif

Dude is over-analyzing the whole thing.

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
Basically.
laugh.gif

Dude is over-analyzing the whole thing.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
EXACTLY
It's a no win for me

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
EXACTLY
It's a no win for me

Gucci? Forreal?

SMH

i love seeing dudes like you upset. so ignorant, so blind.

and the audacity to bring up preconceived notions and givings things, an honest listen.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gucci? Forreal?

SMH

i love seeing dudes like you upset. so ignorant, so blind.

and the audacity to bring up preconceived notions and givings things, an honest listen.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I am.

Different music in different moods in different situations.

I am.

Different music in different moods in different situations.

Back
Top Bottom