Gunna's Bored at Work NFL 09 Mock Draft (inspired by RyGuy)

Gunna I like your thinking but have you seen our O and D line. We need somebody to block for Palmer.

-Will a team take a chance on Chase Daniels? (not in the 1st round, just in general) Which one?

sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ Beanie, TJ, &Leon. A 4th Q nightmare....

Dwai,
Shaun philips? Wadup with him?
Looks like he's the invisible man without Lights out doin all the dirty work...

That's why I figured michael johnson would be a great fit.
Chargers better not take a db with 1st pick.
rb in round 1 with what seems to be the LT on the downside of his career?
If so who u like?

After next year, the Jets are a mess going forward. Price you pay for trying to win now (not complaining)

I could deal with Colt.

I would think the Chiefs will go for a Quarterback first, and if they don't see anyone they want, I think they'll trade later into the 1st round to getmore picks and then take an O lineman first.

Redshirt Sophomores or true Sophomores that had spent a year at prep school can declare, you have to be 3+ years removed from HS.

PS. Spiller did say he'd be back if Swinney was hired, however he'd be best off entering the draft. His combine numbers alone should be pretty crazyand if it's true about the rookie salary cap or whatever for players entering the 2010 draft, it could cost him money to stick around in addition to therisk of injury or Clemson sucking again.

I dont see the 49ers going with a OL with their first pick next year. Either they'll go QB or they'll go Defensive end or CornerBack

Detroit Lions

Needs: How much time you got? LT, OG, DE, 2-OLBs, 2-CBs, 2-S, 1-QB, 1-TE

Strengths: Kevin Smith looks decent. Cliff Avril is fast off the edge. Ernie is usually gonna be solid. Calvin would be ood if he wasn't so down all thetime

Analysis: Love the Lions picks. Needed a dominate LT, which Andre can definately become and a defensive end that wrecks havov. I also wouldn't mind seeingmacho harris on the team. Kid is a stud anywhere on the field and I think he is gonna become a star in the L.Bradford is the best QB coming out but I cannottrust an OU QB, its like a Michigan RB. Laurinatis is about right.

Reach: Percy. Love the kid and think he has all the tools except he has the weakest ankles ever. He needs to shake that injury bug fast. Also think McCVoyneeds to work on his down field passing before he is taken in the first round. Thinks he goes back to school and tears it up and banks a Top 5 spot next year.

Too Low: Cushing. If Steve Lattimore can pass his drug test, he is gonna be a problem. Kid is so smart on the field and is a great athlete. If Detroit played a3-4, I would beg for them to take him. I think he will be a Pro Bowler for a while. Also think Spiller is gonna impress the hell out of people at the combineand get to the Top 12.

Good job Gunna.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

I dont see the 49ers going with a OL with their first pick next year. Either they'll go QB or they'll go Defensive end or CornerBack

I would be shocked if the new coach picks another QB in the first round after the franchise just dealt with the whole Alex Smith debacle. They need to get a#1 receiver who's just a little bit younger than Isaac Bruce, and find SOMEONE who can put pressure on the QB. Doesn't matter what position as long asthey can get some sacks.

Yall buggin thinking Percy wont go around 10 or better if he runs a good time.

With as fast as those combine clocks were last year if he runs under a 4.4 I cant see a team drafting BPA letting him slip.

I can see Mike Martz right now dreaming up how to use Percy

And what GM would take Stafford over Bradford besides Al Davis? someone? He aint even as good as Jay Cutler was.

If the Bungles DONT take Beanie and fire Marvin Lewis the franchise should be completely folded seriously there is no way they can screw up this one.

Cushing would be a much much better fit for the Chargers then Johnson in my opinion. I think Johnson can make to transition to 3-4 OLB but I dont think heplays physical enough for that to be his best position. IMO. Cushing on the other hand he would be a impact player in that scheme cause his weakness is incoverage and you could easily cover it up kinda like how they do Merriman.

Animal has his faults but he will probably be late first, second round pick because there is so much depth and LB this year.

Percy might raise some questions about being "fragile"... that's probably the only thing i could see really keeping him out of the top 10

Also think Spiller is gonna impress the hell out of people at the combine and get to the Top 12.

yup, Ive slotted him too low on my Mock

Once he tears up that indianapolis carpet, he's jumping alotta players

Cant wait to see these workout:

Harvin
Harvey
DWill
Beanie
Macho
Alphonso Smith
Aaron Curry

Originally Posted by theone2401

Cushing would be a much much better fit for the Chargers then Johnson in my opinion. I think Johnson can make to transition to 3-4 OLB but I dont think he plays physical enough for that to be his best position. IMO. Cushing on the other hand he would be a impact player in that scheme cause his weakness is in coverage and you could easily cover it up kinda like how they do Merriman.
Ain't enough steroids in the SD area for Cush and Merriman to be in the same area.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dwai,
Shaun philips? Wadup with him?
Looks like he's the invisible man without Lights out doin all the dirty work...

That's why I figured michael johnson would be a great fit.
Chargers better not take a db with 1st pick.
rb in round 1 with what seems to be the LT on the downside of his career?
If so who u like?

until recently, the chargers were dropping shaun phillips back into coverage more often than not!
sick.gif

but obviously, he needs shawne merriman there too. the dudes who play OLB opposite of phillips [jyles tucker, marques harris, antwan applewhite] aren'tgood enough pass rush threats and it hurts phillips more. so many times i've seen phillips RIGHT THERE and the QB is releasing the ball. it all depends onthe merriman situation. thinking about it more, the chargers will have merriman for 2009 AND 2010 because the chargers should be slapping the franchise tag onmerriman after 2009. i like michael johnson and brian orakpo and it wouldn't surprise me if either were taken by san diego.

MLB would be a good look too. rey maualuga and james laurinaitus. a dark horse could also be aaron curry. shift him from 4-3 OLB to 3-4 MLB and i think hewould do just fine. i actually think this takes a big priority over the other positions.

RB with first pick wouldn't be right to me and i don't think there would be anyone worth taking at their pick range. knowshon moreno, c.j. spiller, andlesean mccoy would all be reaches IMO where the chargers could potentially be picking. but if by dumb chance beanie wells falls to them, chargers take him. LTis on the downside, but i still think he could play at a relatively high level. some dude called the local sports radio station a day or two ago talking abouthow he recorded every game on DVR and he said that on 70+% of plays this season where LT ran the ball, he was stopped behind or right at the line of scrimmage.some of that may be LT, but that screams o-line playing soft as hell in the run game as well.

the chargers could take a tackle with their first pick, but the only first rounders i see are michael oher, eugene monroe, andre smith, and jason smith. oher,monroe, and a. smith will probably all be gone by their pick and j. smith might be a reach.

nose tackle is a need too, but b.j. raji is the only worth first rounder at this point. same goes for defensive end, but i don't see any 3-4 ends at theirpick range.

it's hard to say what i think they'll take. it could really go any way other than DB, OG, TE, and QB at their pick.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Cushing would be a much much better fit for the Chargers then Johnson in my opinion. I think Johnson can make to transition to 3-4 OLB but I dont think he plays physical enough for that to be his best position. IMO. Cushing on the other hand he would be a impact player in that scheme cause his weakness is in coverage and you could easily cover it up kinda like how they do Merriman.
Ain't enough steroids in the SD area for Cush and Merriman to be in the same area.

your must of forgot TJ is less 30 minutes away from SD

Laurinaitis will test out decent but I will guarantee somebody will take him in the Top 15 and be very disappointed. I really want to see what he weighs in at.He seems to be around the play a lot but I do not think he will be able to play the MIKE because he doesn't take on blockers as good as he should. Peopleare gonna think he is gonna be an AJ Hawk type player but I think he is gonna have a lot tougher time than AJ.

there aint enough steroids in fl for bradham.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

there aint enough steroids in fl for bradham.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You stop.

You stop that right now.

Cush came in at like...What? 215, 220?

Son is like 255-260 right now...@#%% don't even look right.
roll.gif
sick.gif

Nigel came in at 245 and has remained around that size.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom