Guys you know who are in the NBA

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I think some of you guys are straight fools for thinking you know some of these guys personally because you played some pickup with them. Even if it was organized ball, you know how many dudes they have played against to this point?

Even if you were on their team at some point, would they know your name if you walked up to them on the street?

That being said, no I don't know any NBA players, MA doesn't produce many. Have played against some D1 players though.
someone is mad

a good point he brought up tho. meeting and knowing is something completely different
I think he is taking the "knowing" part too seriously. The point of this thread is really about who you've interacted with, at any level, that is currently in the NBA.

Went to HS with Ty Lawson before he transferred to Oak Hill. Son knew he was going to the league in like 10th grade. Good to see him playing well for the Nuggets.

Its funny, I remember when Dejuan Blair was in 10th grade he had offers from Duke, but decided to stay local and go to Pitt...I guess it worked out well though

Ran drills and scrimmages with Rob Sacre (Lakers draft pick last night) for U-16 BC Provincial basketball tryouts.

He made the team. I didn't.

Closest to "knowing" an NBA player for me is the times I'd seen James Harden hooping it up at the SRC at ASU 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

hmmmm was in the same 4th grade class as Robbie Hummel

Know Chase Budinger a little bit from playing club volleyball in HS

Matt Barnes, played in a few adult rec leagues with him. I hate his guts.

Thats about it
ohwell.gif

SF Pro-Am?
nerd.gif
I remember when he punched some dude during the game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

I used to have gym class with DJ Kennedy (Cavs).  He never used to hoop in gym class (that I remember) which I always thought was odd.  Really laid back guy though.  I will say one thing though, his brother is really about that life, no dry snitching.
I went to HS with Dejaun Blair too, spoke to him intermittently, but never really got cool with him or anything.

I think I saw a guy in the draft thread who knew Dion Waiters...who else is out there

He was that dude at SJU.
pimp.gif

Sadly, I have nothing to contribute, but hopefully soon.

I dont know any personally but at the UofA rec center I have played with and against

Derrick Williams
Jerryd Bayless
Chase Budinger
Jordan Hill

Closest I get to personally knowing someone is Terrell Stoglin of Maryland. ACC leading scorer but he doesnt count so....
laugh.gif

I played pick up ball with Mario Chalmers. He still comes back and plays at the rec centers in the summers.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Went to HS with Ty Lawson before he transferred to Oak Hill. Son knew he was going to the league in like 10th grade. Good to see him playing well for the Nuggets.
You went to Bishop McNamara ha? thats where all the rich kids go...

I went to Oxon Hill, home of Mike Sweetney big @%+
30t6p3b.gif

I believe Lawson, Beasley, KD, Dante Cunningham all from the PG County area

Originally Posted by frshstunna

Was in HS with Gary Neal, and he lived around my way that school year...he was jokes at the lunch table
laugh.gif
.... Went to HS with Kim English too

I see Donte Green alot when i go out in the summer time, usually at the same club too
laugh.gif
..but i also know him from the HS days

Basically met or hooped wit almost everybody from Baltimore in the league...but everybody knows each other somehow in this city tho

Not in the league but what are your thoughts on
Tyler Smith

Terrence Whitters

I always thought those two dudes were good and never got proper recognition. 

I went to high school with Festus Ezeli. Dude was mad uncoordinated when he first started playing.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Went to middle school with Terrance williams, and used to get my haircut from aaron brooks' uncle
played ball with Twill in middle school at South Shore. Dont talk to him now though

Tristan Thompson was my friends cousin, I got to talk to him a few times back when he was in T-dot

I work at NBATV, Dennis Scott is pretty cool, Shaq is actually great. Steve Smith is also a nice guy. Haven't met Chuck,

oh and Ernie? Ernie is as classy as they come.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I work at NBATV, Dennis Scott is pretty cool, Shaq is actually great. Steve Smith is also a nice guy. Haven't met Chuck,

Sounds like a cool job, is NBATV associated with NBA on TNT?

Originally Posted by knife

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Sounds like a cool job, is NBATV associated with NBA on TNT?
Next time you see Dennis Scott, don't ask him for his autograph, rather ask him about the rage inside of him...

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Went to a couple basketball camps with Joe Alexander 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Sat had the same lunch table at a couple of them. Really cool guy. Maybe he'll be back next year 
Meet Rudy Gay like over 8 times, had a couple conversation with him. Really cool dude 

Chopped in with Grevis Vasquez at UMD a couple times and hoop with him a once at the Rec Center. Seriously one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Was breaking ankles all over the place, so glad he was on my team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
hold up arent you 15?

hilarious, post was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom