GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Cons: the production sounds the same on all the tracks (I would have no prob if it were all daringer or alchemist but this isn't that. it's still nice tho)...some tracks are better than others as far as production. Wish daringer, beat butcha and alc handled the bulk and then jr swiftz, sadhugold and jay versace did the rest BUT

Pros: this is easily on par with hwh6, 7 and p4p. Tape is fiiiiiiiiiire. Lyrically this is wtf is needed in hip hop. Its def only up from here. Soon as he appears on more tracks with benny and Conway......wooooo...

Elcamino had a dope verse.
Keisha Plum had a dope verse.

Glad to see elcamino is on Conway's new tape coming out too.

Last edited:
Like others are saying, I wished there was Daringer production on the tape and a lot of the beats feels the same (doesn't mean they're bad though). Boldy really killed it, he's vivid with the rhymes, and his laidback flow is just fire.

Boldy is just on a hot run right now with two of his albums being top 5 this year to me.

Pretty much the same sentiments on Boldy’s album. I think it’s probably a good thing the album was as short as it was, otherwise it would’ve worn thin much faster.

I like this Boldy James but I agree with sentiments above....production is very bland. And Boldy's laid back flow doesn't help either.

It’s cool off one listen. Smooth listen.

This Jay Versace kid finds some dope loops, he obviously hates drums tho lol. He’s aight for a track or 2 on a project but not a full project.

It’s cool off one listen. Smooth listen.

This Jay Versace kid finds some dope loops, he obviously hates drums tho lol. He’s aight for a track or 2 on a project but not a full project.
Yeah I guess he's good because he feels he found a lane but yeah that's a acquired taste to listen to those type of beats for a whole album.

Listened to it all day and enjoyed it more and more with each listen. Drove home earlier this evening, sunset looking nice, and the album just hits.

Boldy James done released three great albums (2 being my personal top 5 this year) in ONE year.

Listened to it all day and enjoyed it more and more with each listen. Drove home earlier this evening, sunset looking nice, and the album just hits.

Boldy James done released three great albums (2 being my personal top 5 this year) in ONE year.

BIG FACTS ON EVERYTHING

3180A739-A55D-472C-8238-2E19F3B5C7FC.jpeg

Boldy is snapping on these Versace beats though, i get it, but one listen in the airpods and i was like this is beautiful...Great jazzy loops and Boldy talking some of the hardest ish, its a great mix IMO....Great Sunset listen!! im so ready for that Benny & Hit-Boy project though!

I've been spinning the tape all weekend and I take back everything I said - I absolutely love the tape. It also dropped to 70 degrees with a nice breeze all weekend and Griselda **** just sounds better with a hoodie on.

I normally don't care for reviews but I think the Pitchfork review summed up the Versace tape perfectly - "This album is warm, as if it was all dipped in sepia.".

Back
Top Bottom