Haggling at big chain stores vol. best buy?

does it work? if making a huge purchase can the manager cut something off the pricing or throw something in for free if you haggle a bit?

if you talk to the manager personally, and he makes the sale and is intent on making some commission. then maybe you can get a free t.v. stand or a gooddiscount.
...get a wallmount by the way.

We did for our sound system, but it was a little different because ultimate electronics was pricematching for us, but then they didn't have the items instock after we had been told that it was. So when we arrived they didn't have any of our items and so we were upgraded to a nicer sub and reciever but atthe cost of the other model. All in all we probably got 700 or 800 knocked off but we also spent a few grand.

I saw a news special the other day where they actually showed footage
of haggling at some best buy. But like what others have said, I think it's
only possible if you ask to speak with the head manager or something.

my dad did

he bought a new camera and was haggling them for a free case

the guy he was haggling was new, and brought out the manager. they agreed to the new case eventually, but the new employee didnt really know what he was doing.when in front of the computer scanning everything in he accidentally didnt charge us for the case AND a memory card. they were both listed at $0.00 on thereceipt
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

if purchasing a tv whats the best to bargain for?

1.price cut
2.wall mount
3. hdmi cables
4. no tax?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

if purchasing a tv whats the best to bargain for?

1.price cut
2.wall mount
3. hdmi cables
4. no tax?
2. monoprice.com
3. monoprice.com

depends on how much your TV costs - if you can get a price cut bigger than tax, then go for that. if not, bargain to get the tax off.

you can haggle with them.....just know your stuff before you go in there.....and you can get free warranty's, cables, wall mounts, discounts on otherproducts, etc....

try to play naive about electronics, ask stupid simple questions, and drop major hints about this your new favorite store,friend recommended to you
bring a kid with you

*never tried this, just thought it up*
grin.gif

No one makes comission at best buy...

If you came into my store and asked me for money off this and that id give you a
alien.gif

You might be able to deal on some open box or last years model stuff but thats it really.

What you see on the tag is what you pay.
and you can get free warranty's
Either you have NO idea what youre talking about, or you witnessed or heard about the worst salesman on earth.

No sales person in their right mind would EVER take $$ off let alone give away a free warranty
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
On a huge sale, you might get some money knocked off theprice of a TV or something but usually thats only to GET YOU to get the warranty.

Arguing warranty/service/install prices is a waste of your own breath

Originally Posted by tmukg21

try to play naive about electronics, ask stupid simple questions, and drop major hints about this your new favorite store,friend recommended to you
bring a kid with you

*never tried this, just thought it up*
grin.gif

not gonna work

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

No one makes comission at best buy...

If you came into my store and asked me for money off this and that id give you a
alien.gif

You might be able to deal on some open box or last years model stuff but thats it really.

What you see on the tag is what you pay.
and you can get free warranty's
Either you have NO idea what youre talking about, or you witnessed or heard about the worst salesman on earth.

No sales person in their right mind would EVER take $$ off let alone give away a free warranty
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
On a huge sale, you might get some money knocked off the price of a TV or something but usually thats only to GET YOU to get the warranty.

Arguing warranty/service/install prices is a waste of your own breath

There was a whole news article about a year ago talking about how Best Buy is ordering their workers to start haggling for big priced items. You ain't getthe memo?

It does work, however you need to talk directly to the manager. And it will only work if you buy a big item with supporting accessories ie computer withprinter. You should also do it when there are no other customers around because managers hate it when they have to cave in for you in front of other customers.

I used to hand out discounts on bigger purchases to counter at least the tax. I got what I want from the sale and that's accessories, where we make a goodportion of profit.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

There was a whole news article about a year ago talking about how Best Buy is ordering their workers to start haggling for big priced items. You ain't get the memo?
Nope, not how it works... only time youll see $$ off product is on open box/ old models OR on big sales with lots of install/PSP/servicesattatched.

These people that come in wanting $50 off a TV thats already on sale for $100-200 off retail get the
smh.gif

There was a whole news article about a year ago talking about how Best Buy is ordering their workers to start haggling for big priced items. You ain't get the memo?
Nope, not how it works... only time youll see $$ off product is on open box/ old models OR on big sales with lots of install/PSP/services attatched.

These people that come in wanting $50 off a TV thats already on sale for $100-200 off retail get the
smh.gif

http://gizmodo.com/371121/wow-best-buy-and-circuit-city-unofficially-ok-with-haggling

Nope, not how it works... only time youll see $$ off product is on open box/ old models OR on big sales with lots of install/PSP/services attatched.

smh.gif

whats wrong with another $50, we all know the value is declining to start with because the same company got new stuff coming out and those TVs sit there for along while. Move the units

Originally Posted by tmukg21

smh.gif

whats wrong with another $50, we all know the value is declining to start with because the same company got new stuff coming out and those TVs sit there for a long while. Move the units

Like i said, they will move old units... they have a EOL (end of life) lists that show how bad we need to move out an item... if it doesnt get moved then itgoes back to the manufacturer , but this is extreme cases where its been on the shelf for a LONG time.

Im talking about people coming in lookin at some new 32" samsung set thats 599 down from 799 and they wanna pay 500 or 550... not gonna happen.

You shouldn't be able to haggle for most stuff, but out of box stuff you should be able to. We haggled on mine because it was an Out of Box deal and theygave me some money off to go for a longer warranty and stuff

Back
Top Bottom