Halfway into 2015, what's your top 5 Hip Hop Rap albums so far this year.....

I'm genuinely curious as to why some of you strongly dislike kendrick's album. If it's not your type of music, cool I can understand that but say it sucks? State why. Some say he's being to preachy. Is the message of the majority of it something that doesn't need to be preached?

Future- Beastmode
Future- 56 Nights
Rae Sremmurd- Sremmlife
Young Thug- Barter VI
All the young thug leaks

This is what stood out to me the most. Some are mixtapes and one is a collection of leaks but it's better than anything else released this year imo. Lupe and Rocky's albums would be next on the list. Not much else exciting for me. I deleted Kendrick's album after a few spins. Deleted Section 80 and GKMC after a few listens as well so I wasn't expecting to like it anyway. His music is just not for me, same with JCole. Both are amazing artists objectively speaking but both their catalogues put me to sleep.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious as to why some of you strongly dislike kendrick's album. If it's not your type of music, cool I can understand that but say it sucks? State why. Some say he's being to preachy. Is the message of the majority of it something that doesn't need to be preached?
The beats, lyrics, just the whole album man...
mean.gif

I tried sitting on it for a minute so it could grow on me...still sucks.

I'm all for conscious music, but TPAB felt mad forced, and dudes talk about J Cole being a bore, so what does that make Kendrick?

Dude lost me with all that weirdo stuff.

Tottally forgot about Super Future. Monster/Beastmode/56nights deserve mentions regardless of their release date.

Then again Future was my favorite/most listened to artist of 2014

Kendrick's TPAB
Snoop's Bush

and I guess I'll throw Bronson's album in there too.

Actually, I like Cherry Bomb too.

no 5th.

100% of the people who say TPAB sucks are the ones who haven't even listened to the album but a few songs. Or you just don't understand it.

Lol@ saying tpab sucks. I've noticed most people who say that only say it because Kendrick is a threat to Drake. It's ok to like both. Haha!

It cant just not be good huh.

This is why I held off on giving my opinion of that album in the Kendrick thread.

"That Kendrick albums sucks"

yea great opinion :lol:

you're so transparent it's funny :lol:

Last edited:
Kendrick is the best lyricist and its not even close. But how some could listen to that album, is beyond me. 

1. Drake
2. Vince Staples
3. Lupe Fiasco
4. Action Bronson
5. A$AP Rocky

You have Vinces album that high? Hes one of my favorite rappers out currently but his album was kinda a let down compared to his other stuff

Also if we're counting Futures releases from this year together then put it on like 2 or 3 on my list

Monster, Beast Mode & 56 Nights are just too :pimp: :smokin :nthat:

1. TPAB
2. ALLA
3. BUSH
4. Mailbox Money
5. IYRTITL

Had to adjust my list and throw A$ap in there. I totally wasn't feeling it, but sat down recently and digested the album, and it's dope. I can tell both him and Kendrick really got to sit down and make the kind of album they wanted to. Same could go for the rest of the list as well. I'm not a Drake fan by any means, but IYRTITL was full of bangers.

Last edited:
The hate for Kendrick is real. Dudes sleeping on Bob Dylan in favor of Joe Cocker in here.

Mind you, some these cats the same dudes in all the race threads :smh:

Last edited:
BUSH and the Young Thug leaks are my honorable mentions.

Future is the artist of this year though. I didn't put Beast Mode or 56 Nights on my list cuz their so short.

The hate for Kendrick is real. Dudes sleeping on Bob Dylan in favor of Joe Cocker in here.

:lol: Exactly. I don't even try to discussing it with dudes at this point. From the lyrics to the production the album is reaching classic territory with me.

3. Meek Mill - Dreams worth more then money ( the pain in his voice, the hunger he attacks each track RIP lil snupe)

I've heard from the stanniest of Meek stans that that couldn't be further than the truth :lol:

100% of the people who say TPAB sucks are the ones who haven't even listened to the album but a few songs. Or you just don't understand it.

I'm as content/lyric driven as anybody, and this sounds so damn elitist, something someone who only listens great lyricists with terrible beats would say :lol: like some Canibus/Vinnie Paz/Immortal Technique fans

no barter 6?? what happened to nt

but so far:

If you're reading this its too late

&

Barter 6

Last edited:
3. Meek Mill - Dreams worth more then money ( the pain in his voice, the hunger he attacks each track RIP lil snupe)

I've heard from the stanniest of Meek stans that that couldn't be further than the truth :lol:

One of my boy's is a Meek groupie. Since DC1 came out, been on his **** like a female. Sent him a link when it leaked and the next day he was like damn son, this album is not good. But I'm still gonna play it hard :rofl:

The hate for Kendrick is real.

This is what disappoints, confuses me the most. The main ones who dislike it are the ones preaching the same things in these race threads. I don't get it.

I understand that part of hip hop not being your preference, but saying it's bad music is just :rofl:

Music is subjective though, so saying that you don't like something and that something sucks are the same thing, aren't they?

One is just a more obnoxious way of expressing the thought than the other. I always assume that ____s who express themselves like that are just trying to piss people off :lol:

My list off the top of my head:

1. Tha Barter VI
2. Dark Sky Paradise
3. The Album About Nothing
4. To Pimp a Butterfly
5. If You're Reading This Then It's Too Late

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
I Don't Like ****, I Don't Go Outside
Mailbox Money
Pilot Talk III
AT.LONG.LA$T.A$AP
Tetsuo & Youth (have to give this the time it deserves, it might really be on my top 5 if I do)

As said previously, if mixtapes count then Future fills the top 2 spots (Monster was 2014) easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom