HANNIBAL NBC | S3, Ep13 "The Wrath of the Lamb" 8/29/15 10/9c

^ To be honest, everyone but Hannibal took the L in last season's finale.

laugh.gif

Yeah but the way I looked at it was like all those ppl took Ls cuz they were connected to Will and Will betrayed Hannibal; Abigail, Jack, and the doctor that Will wanted to bang but Hannibal banged to make Will salty (I think she got thrown out a window right?)

Had they had some role in the story but not be that close to Will they probably got out of this unscathed (those other ME dudes that worked with Jack and Will on cases).

The reverse-slice of Abigail's neck...  I mean, how the hell can they get away with that on network TV?! 

Apparently the limits were farther away than we knew as far as FCC regulations go but just nobody else really tried testing them and seeing how far they can go.

Seems more shows have writers focused on trying to push it with language. Plus how many horror/serial killer type shows have been on network tv the past 15 years? It's only been the last decade or so that all of tv (cable, satellite, premium, etc.) has really embraced the bad guy and matched it with compelling stories.

The reverse-slice of Abigail's neck...  I mean, how the hell can they get away with that on network TV?! 

I think this show gets away with a lot because the blood is never like an "in your face" red color.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's fair... sometimes it's just a splash of red liquid, which is meant to be ambiguous... 

Yeah, that's fair... sometimes it's just a splash of red liquid, which is meant to be ambiguous... 

Uh..... Yeah.... cuz when I slit throats blood doesn't always come out, some times it's just this slightly red water.

Perhaps a nice chianti.

:lol:

Last edited:
First two episodes have been good, although a little slow. I thought she survived also. lol.

Very happy I gave this show a chance because I rarely give network TV a chance because of cancellation rates. However, after seeing the reviews I caught up on Amazon and wow this is definitely my new favorite show at the moment with Game of Thrones and Community ending recently.

Cannot wait for the new episode tonight. Going to have to get used to this weekly schedule instead of the binge I did the past two weeks.

I did the same thing! I binged watched two seasons on Amazon over a couple of days. I loved that you could watch the show without commercial interruption. The ads are a bit of a distraction, but this is such an amazing show.

I feel like the dialogue is even better than last season so far. Masterful writing.
Easily my favorite show of all time now, followed by Breaking Bad and GoT.

Last edited:
This dude Hannibal killed his own sister :smh: Just when I think he's reached his lowest with horrible acts he reveals a hidden basement.

I feel like the dialogue is even better than last season so far. Masterful writing.
Definitely agree. They stepped their game up there.

This is the only show where I put on captions because I want to know and understand everything that is being said. Not that it is complex but rather intriguing.

Hannibal Cancelled at NBC

NBC has stuck a fork in Hannibal.

The Peacock network has cancelled Bryan Fuller’s acclaimed, lush thriller, TVLine has confirmed. The show’s current third season will be its last.

RELATED2015 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

“NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers,” Fuller said in a statement. “[NBC president] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure.

“Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer,” Fuller added, “but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

RELATEDHannibal‘s Gillian Anderson Talks Bedelia’s Motivation: ‘She’s Teasing the Devil — and She Gets Off on It’

NBC issued its own statement, saying, “We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons. Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”

Hannibal‘s current third season has been off to a rough start in the ratings. The June 11 episode notched a series-low 1.7 million viewers and a 0.5 in the demo.

The Season 3 finale — now the series finale — is slated to air in late August.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/hannibal-cancelled-nbc-205040176.html

:smh:

Last edited:
People would rather watch the complete trash that exists on network TV than an HBO quality series. Wow

Sad news bruhs :smh: Deep down we all knew it was coming sooner or later.
At least we can be grateful we got 3 seasons. They could've cancelled it after the first season, and after the second season.

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling this was going to happen once they pushed back the start date of season 3. I hope it concludes somewhat cleanly...

JUNE 22, 2015 1:54pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
[COLOR=#red]NBC's 'Hannibal' Canceled After Three Seasons[/COLOR]

The current third season of the Bryan Fuller drama will be its last.

NBC is closing the book on Hannibal.

The network has canceled Bryan Fuller's Silence of the Lambs prequel series after three seasons. The full 13-episode third season will run its course on Thursdays at 10 p.m., concluding Sept. 3.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that there may have been a rights issue at the center of the decision to end the series as Fuller had wanted to introduce Clarice Starling in season four, with the rights to the character previously portrayed by Jodie Foster said to be unavailable.

“NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancelation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers," Fuller said in a statement. "[NBC Entertainment exec] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure. Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

Added NBC in a statement: “We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons. Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank [producers] Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”

The drama starring Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen returned June 4 with 2.57 million total viewers before slipping to a series low the following week when only 1.66 million tuned in against competition from the NBA Finals. The series has been a hit with critics, who praised Fuller (Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls) for pushing the boundaries of broadcast television with the show's graphic and visually creative deaths.

Hannibal had been one of NBC's fall-to-summer bridge series as more broadcasters continued to program originals year-round. NBC thus far has focused on imports and co-productions to fill its summer roster, while other networks like CBS focus on pricey sci-fi fare a la Under the Dome and the upcoming Zoo.

Fuller, meanwhile, has already lined up his next gig. Starz recently greenlit Neil Gaiman adaptation American Gods to series with Fuller serving as a co-showrunner on the urban fantasy novel that was previously in development at HBO. The move to cancel Hannibal ends Fuller's relationship with NBC, where he previously produced a reboot of The Munsters, whose pricey series pilot ultimately aired as a Halloween movie after the project was scrapped.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hannibal-canceled-at-nbc-804239

Back
Top Bottom